Chapter 25.

Harry

Zayn slept peacefully next to me, his body turning inward to face me do I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close. His eyes fluttered open then, at the contact of our skin and he looked up at me, smiling a little.

"'Morning." he mumbled and I smiled back. "Good morning." I greeted him, taking his hand in mine and linking them together. We lay there for a couple more minutes, staring at our entwined hands before he pulled away from me and stood up, his naked body heading into the bathroom while he ran a hand through his messy-bed hair. Biting my lip, I stood up and followed him, leaning my hands against the door frame and watching him shower.

"Do you really have to watch me shower?" he asked self-cautiously, eyes on me and I couldn't help chuckling. "Well what other way am I going to see you naked?" I asked, almost innocently and he smirked, shaking his head in disbelief while running a hand over his wet and soapy torso. "So what do you wanna do-"

"Who is it that you talk to you in the phone, Harry?" he asked timidly and hurriedly, as if he was forcing himself to ask the question. My body tensed, unable to answer. "Aren't you finished?" I asked in delay to answer him. Realization dawned on his face when he noticed he was just standing under the shower head. He stepped out, drying his body with the towel before he stepped into my clothes, putting his SnapBack from yesterday over his head.

He gave a tired yawn, heading over to the edge of the bed and sitting on it, his knees up to his chest. I joined him, the bed dipping as I did so and I started to kiss down his neck affectionately. He didn't respond, but I couldn't help noticing the goosebumps that rose on his skin when I kissed him. His knees stayed tucked at his chest, his eyes staring blankly ahead as if he was thinking hard about something.

Frowning a little, I removed the Snap Back off his head and grabbed the hem of my grey baggy top, slowly lifting it over him and laying it next to me. I moved into his neck again, nibbling and biting at the skin and he grunted softly, trying hard not to get a respond from me.

I slowly turned round to face him, only to stop. I stared down at his beautiful body, then looked at the slightly misplaced scar down his left side, under his arm. His body tensed, realizing that I had found it and his brown orbs met my curious ones. Why hadn't I noticed it before? Why had he kept it from me for so long? "Zayn...?" I asked slowly and he gulped, looking hesitant. My reached out and my fingertips carefully grazed over the long white scar. It felt out of place; to cold to be on Zayn's warm skin. It was a strange contrast.

"My dad. He really was a lot worse when I was little." he sniffed and I looked up at him. "How little?" I asked suddenly. "Thirteen." he answered bluntly and my hands bawled into fists on his skin, his eyes worriedly on me. "Son of a bitch." I grumbled and he smirked, despite his grim mood. "Guess Niall isn't the only one with a scar around here, huh?" he said bleakly, smiling weakly at me.

He edged close to me, his body leaning into my topless chest, his head resting against my shoulder. I kissed his hair softly, wrapping my arm around his waist and pulling him impossibly close.

Zayn

I stared at our entwined hands again, his thumb stroking over mine. "It was my mum and my sister." Harry said quietly, his eyes on me as he pulled away. I froze, looking up at him. "Huh?" I asked uncertainly, wondering what he was talking. "You asked earlier, who I've been speaking to. It's my mum and my sister." he explained and my body tensed, eyes wide. "Oh." was all I could say. "You asked me before, in the shower...it was them." I nodded, slowly taking everything in.

"It's because of you." he spoke, a soft smile on his face. "M-me?" I stuttered breathlessly and he nodded, beaming. "You told me to speak to them, so I did. For you. I really can't thank you enough, Z. Bo would never ask that." he gushed and I smiled a little, leaning into him and kissing him softly. "I hope you're not mad, because I didn't speak to you about it. It's just, I know you were getting annoyed and I-"

"Shhhhh." I shushed him quietly, placing my finger softly on top of his. "I'm not mad, I'm happy for you." I replied softly and he sighed, his breath against mine.

"I just...I just couldn't see to tell you, my family was to important and I couldn't screw this up-"

"Hey, you're not a screw up. You don't need to explain." I interrupted harshly and he smirked, nudging his forehead against mine.

Harry

*FLASHBACK*

I slipped out my phone from my pocket, once Zayn had left and shut the door behind him. I bit my lip as I dialed the unfamiliar number, my hand shaking as I held it up to my ear. A voice I didn't recognise answered after a couple of rings. "Hello?" the voice was female. "Hello, I'm looking for an Anne Styles?" I asked nervously and there was a pause at the other end of the line. "I'm sorry, she's not available at the moment but she'll be home shortly. Can I take a message for you and she'll call you back?" she asked cheerfully and my heart sank, knowing that was probably my only chance in connecting my mother.

"No, it's all right. I'll phone back later. Thanks very much for your help, though." I answered politely and there was another pause again.

"H-Harry? Is that you? It's me. It's Gemma."

______________________

Hi guys! Here's another update at the weekend, as promised! I know it's short but I wanted to leave it at that, just for the cliffhanger! Another update next weekend like always now! Can't wait to hear what you think, love you :) xxx