Chapter 42.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

Zayn lay cuddling next to Harry on the bed, a smile on his face and his body warm. He pulled the duvet up so that it was up to his chin and tilted his head up to see Harry with his eyes closed and breathing softly. His phone started buzzing on the bed side table and not wanting to disturb him, he reached over Harry's body to answer it.

He reluctantly got out of bed and walked out the bedroom before taking the call. Nialls name came up on the phone screen as Zayn answered.

"Zayn? What are you doing answering Harry's phone?" Niall asked, surprised. "He's sleeping right now." Zayn answered simply. "Oh. Anyway, I can talk to you too since it's kind of related." Niall admitted sheepishly and Zayn paused in the hallway. "How so?"

"I was just wondering if you guys wanted to come out for a lads night tomorrow, seeing as it's Friday? Harry said something about wanting to go it for a couple of drinks because the whole Jay and Jai thing had been resolved." Niall explained and Zayn smiled at the thought. "Yeah, I'm sure he'd like that." Zayn assured him, glancing over at Harry's sleeping body between the gap of the door.

"Great! I'll let Liam and Louis know. By the way, do you mind coming to the gym with me? Louis and Liam are both busy and I've got no one to train with." Zayn could almost hear the pout in his voice as the spoke, the sadness and it almost made Zayn feel guilty. "Yeah, sure. Just let me get changed and I'll be right down." Zayn decided and Niall thanked him, hanging up.

Zayn sauntered into the bedroom to grab a pair of jogger bottoms and a t-shirt. A beanie covered his thick, messy hair and Zayn lay Harry's phone on the bedside table before scribbling a note to Harry, letting him know where he was off to. He carefully placed the note on the tip of Harry's nose and it lifted up in the air every few seconds, due to Harry's snoring. Zayn couldn't help giggling a little at the sight and took a quick snapshot of it on his own phone before heading off to the gym to meet Niall.

"Hey, man." Niall greeted when the arrived at the gym ten minutes later. "Harry still sleeping?" Niall guessed, looking behind Zayn for Harry. "Yeah. He needs it." Zayn smiled and Niall raised an eyebrow. "Looks like you need it too," Niall suggested, gesturing to the black circles under Zayns eyes. Zayn rubbed at them, ad if he was expecting them to go away with one quick movement of his hand.

"Just all this Jai and Jay stuff recently has been giving me nightmares, that's all." Zayn merely shrugged and Niall nodded knowingly. "Bet you're glad you don't have to worry about him anymore, eh?" Niall grinned and Zayn smirked. "Harry more than me. He's the one that dealt with him all the time," Zayn admitted and Niall sighed.

"Ah well, it's in the past. Come on, let's go." Niall indicated toward the shelves of weights and they headed over, only to stop by Liam and Louis calling their names. Nialls head snapped up and a rosy-red blush crept on his cheeks. It was Zayns turn to raise an eyebrow, completely baffled by his sudden change in personality. "I thought you were busy?" Zayn asked and Liam blushed. "Not anymore..." Liam trailed off and Zayn couldn't help smirking athow shy he had suddenly became. He watched the actions between Niall and Liam, completely in awe.

Liam was eyeing up Niall in a way that was so intense. His eyes gazing over his appearance. He was quiet as he stood next to Louis, Louis grinning like a mad man. "Have I missed something here?" Zayn countered and Liam suddenly snapped out his thoughts, coming out of his trance and back to reality. "No, no. Just seeing something in a new light, that's all." Liam reasoned and Zayn cocked an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side. Or someone, Zayn corrected in his head.

Zayn glanced at Louis, giving him a questionable look and Louis replied with a knowing look instead. There was definitely something going on between Liam and Niall, and Zayn was determined to find out. Niall blushed idiotically, taking Zayns arm and guiding him swiftly to the weights. Which was completely the opposite side of the room as to way Louis and Liam were standing, Zayn figured.

"Zayn? What do you think of Liam? And be honest." Niall blurted out suddenly, as soon as Liam was out of earshot. Zayn shot Niall a smug, playful look and Niall made a sound of disgust. "Just answer the question." He snapped impatiently and Zayn chuckled.

"Well, he saved your life, didn't he? That's good enough for me. I approve." Zayn winked, grabbing one of the weights as Niall beamed. "Really?" He gushed, a huge grin on his face. "Yeah. If you like him, I'd say go for it." Zayn shrugged and Niall let out a content sigh, looking a bit dazed as his eyes drifted to a sweaty Liam in a vest, muscles bulging as he punched the punch bag.

That night, Harry and Zayn arrived at the club a little later than expected. Harry got caught up with something and Zayn had to go to the music store because they were short staffed. But they were there, and it was obviously already crowded by swarming people. "I'll go get the drinks." Zayn decided automatically, letting go of Harry's hand. "Be careful, babe." Harry warned and Zayn rolled his eyes at Harry's possessiveness.

He ordered beers for both him and Harry and while he waited at the bar, he turned round to look at people in the dance floor in the club. At first, he couldn't believe what he saw, in the crowd. Bo. They both spotted each other at the same time and Bo's eyes widened. She immediately rushed over to Zayn and Zayn groaned loudly in front of her.

"I know you don't like me and probably don't want to see me ever again-"

"You got that right-"

"But I want to apologise." Bo frowned and Zayn rolled his eyes. "I apologise for the way I treated you." Bo added seriously and Zayn scoffed. "What, for kissing my boyfriend or having him almost killed?" Zayn challenged.

"Both." Bo replied and Zayn sighed. "I'm sorry, Bo, I can't accept your apology. Not after the way you treated Harry. He told me everything. And I know he loved you." Zayn admitted and Bo bit her lip. "I know. But he loves you more." She sighed, her eyes falling down on the St Christopher's pendant around his neck that used to symbolise her and Harry's love, that was now his and Zayns. She shook her head, looking a little sad before walking off and leaving Zayn alone. Thankfully.

Zayns expression softened when she had gone out of sight and he scanned the dance floor, looking for Harry. Instead, he found Niall and Liam in the centre of it, completely unaware that there was about twenty odd people surrounding them. Liam's hands were cupping Nialls face, Nialls nervously clinging on to his hips as they kissed. Zayn immediately envied them. Envied them because there relationship was just as simple as a kiss. There was no complications at all, not what he had with Harry. Zayn had so much issues with Harry and sometimes he wondered if it was a love/hate on and off relationship with him. But there are simple moments, simple times that makes Zayn know that Harry loves Zayn as much as Zayn loves Harry and that's all that mattered. Really.

______________

Hi guys. Sorry for the long way. I literally can't be bothered with this story anymore but don't worry, I'm still going to update. Also, please don't ask me for a sequel because I can assure you, it won't be happening. There will be no point in one if I finish at chapter 50. Also, I have so much bother trying to update this one as it is, why would I want to to THREE?! There's just no point. Especially if I won't update. So please, don't bother asking for one, thank you. Please comment guys, I love you all. Thanks :) xxx