Chapter 27.

Harry

I waited patiently at my car, my back against the shiny door and my foot up against the bottom, arms folded as I waited for Zayn. When he finally arrived out his work at three o'clock, a boy followed him, both of them grinning. I immediately frowned, taking in the scene. They were in deep disucssion about something, Zayn using his hands for indication and the boy nodding along.

I started breathing heavily when Zayn laughed heartily, playfully batting the boy away. I pushed my curls back as I watched their interaction as my hands now gripped the door handles of my car, my knuckles turning white. My jaw clenched when the boy spoke again, earning another laugh from Zayn who was grinning like mad, the wrinkles by his eyes showing.

My chest was rising and falling rapidly as Zayn waved goodbye to the unknown lad. My eyes widened as I watched the eye Zayn up as he approached me. "Who's that?" I frowned and Zayn rolled his eyes. "Lovely to see you too, Harry." He scoffed, brushing past me to get into the car but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist and he grunted. He whimpered as he tried to detach himself from my grip, his fingers brushing against my tightening grip. He made a strained sound, trying to pull himself free and at the corner of my eye, I could see the other boy watching.

I was distracted when Zayn started to kiss my cheek and I pulled away sharply, causing him to stare at me. "Who is he?" I wondered and he sighed deeply, knowing there was no way he could get out of it. "That's just Darren, he's knew to the area." He answered faintly, his voice distant as he avoided my gaze.

"Did you tell him you had a boyfriend?" I asked curtly and he cocked an eyebrow. "Yeah, because that's all we were going to talk about, Harry- ow." He winced when my grip tightened around his wrist, pulling him close. He was glaring at me with annoyance now, obviously fed up by my questioning. I don't understand why he could just tell me, what was he hiding? That was to important for me to know? "Well what do you talk about then?" I challenged and he thought a bit.

"Work, mostly. Ste offered him a position and I need to show him around." He finally admitted and I pursed my lips. Ste. I might have to have a little word with Ste. I eyed Zayn curiously and something flashed in his eyes when he spoke, an emotion I had never recognized before. "You're not showing him around," I spoke sternly and he looked up at me, his lips parted. "Think I need to have a little talk with him," I spoke quietly and loosened my grip on Zayn.

His eyes widened and he attempted to grip feebly at my hands, but I pushed him away. "Harry, don't. He's nice, Harry, I...please. Give him a chance." He begged and I wanted to laugh. Me? Why would I give that idiot a chance? The boy who'd been ogling at MY boyfriend? I needed to teach him a lesson, I think.

I ignored Zayn completely, pushing him away in the car before I sauntered over to the "nice" boy.

Zayn

Panicking, I scrabbled up to reach for the door handle and then pulled, but it wouldn't budge. I tried again and again and again, but still nothing. My eyes snapped to the child lock and I groaned in frustration. He'd locked me in! I hate him. I hate him I hate him I him.

I managed to take my anger out on the glass, clenching my right hand into a fist and aiming a hard punch at the glass on the passenger window. I winced in pain, pulling back to examin my newly purple-bruised knuckles. They were bleeding slightly, but only a little bit. And Harry might have to pay for a new window.

Reluctantly, I slowly gazed over to Harry and Darren talking. Darren seemed a bit gobsmacked by Harry's words, taking a few steps back. I wanted to hide. To run away and never come back to Harry. Of course, Harry would find me. Always. But there was no need for Harry to overreact at all, it was just two guys having a friendly chit-chat about work. But of course to Harry, that meant Darren taking me out for a beer and shagging me while I was drunk. But in a way, I sympathized with Harry, as strange as it sounded. Harry was scared. Scared that Darren would be someone like Jai or Jake but he always takes it one step two far. But I understand him, especially with what happened with his family. I had to take that into account.

But I was still angry with him when Harry came back into the car, Darren slowly walking away from us. Harry's face was smug although his mouth was still pressed into a hard, thin line. He let out a content sigh once he was happy, slipping on his seatbelt while I stayed still on my seat, unmoving with my hands on my lap. "Hey, what happened to your knuckles?" He spoke softly as he reached out to examin them but I stubboringly pulled away, avoiding his gaze.

At the corner of my eyes, a small playful smirk appeared on Harry's lips as he moved closer, leaving open mouth kisses all over my face. I tried to stay composed but I was just getting frustrated and angry with him instead.

"Oh, fuck off Harry." I groaned, dusting his t-shirt in attempt to push him away. He grunted, sighing deeply and leaning against his seat. Good. "You do know you're mine, right? You'll always be mine." His words sent shivers down my spine, in a good way. I couldn't help it. Despite my mood now, I always felt Harry's protectiveness and possessiveness a massive turn on. Anybody would, man or woman. And I was just hopeless enough to fall for him.

"Say it," his voice was demanding, he was so eager to prove that he was always right. I reluctantly gazed at him, his eyes meeting mine. His expression was soft, despite his harsh tone not seconds ago. "Whatever," I spoke bluntly and he smirked, shaking his head in disbelief before turning the key in the ignition and driving us off.

When he stopped the car, he quickly got out it and hurried off to my side, opening the door for me. I pushed him away when he held out a large palm, getting out myself and he chuckled typically at my actions, knowing how stubborn I was being even though I knew he was only trying to help. I was surprised that when I shut the door, his hands pressed me against the car, his hands on either side of me so I was literally locked in his trip, unable to break through.

I looked down, staring much to hard at his brown boots against mine but he took his thumb and index finger to tilt my head up using my chin and I couldn't help staring into his shining green orbs. "You're mine...okay, Z." He breathed and he almost sounded desperate, making my heart break.

I nodded silently, biting my lip and he smiled softly, kissing my cheek. Harry's hand linked in mine and he guided me round the car but then I stopped dead, facing the building wear at. It was the gym, that place where Harry's fight was. The place where, only a week ago, Harry had aggressively attacked me. I don't care if he didn't mean it, it still left a small memory in my mind of my dad attacking me when I was younger, and how scared I was.

Harry stopped just as I did, frowning curiously at me. "Aren't you coming?" He wondered and I gulped, looking at him. I nervously nodded and he smiled, taking my hand again but before we reached the door, he turned to face me. He leaned in to softly kiss me on the lips, before pulling away. My heart clenched as I then walked by a poster. It was the same poster as Harry that I saw the first time I came here. And the date on the poster was today's date. I suddenly realized why Harry had brought me here.

The fight.

___________

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been very busy! I'm also trying to finish my other stories first before I finish this one. (Save the best until last and all ;) ). Just thought I'd update before I go on holiday to Florida on Saturday for two weeks- probably wont be able to update anything! But let me know what you think guys, can't wait to hear your comments. Love you all :) xxx