Chapter 26.

Flashback Continued

Gemma

"G-Gemm?" Harry's voice stuttered and I gasped, falling idiotically on the chair I was sitting at. "Harry..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "Um...how are you?" I asked uncertainly and he chuckled lightly. "I'm fine, how's yourself?" he asked curiously and I smiled a little, glad to hear his voice again. "I'm all right- great actually." I beamed and he chuckled again. I giggled at his deep, throaty laugh. "My baby brother..." I gushed and he groaned. "Gem, I'm 20." he stated bluntly and that's when the tears started to roll down my cheeks. I hurriedly grabbed the hem of my sleeves with my hand and wiped them away.

"I- we- you're mum and I...we've missed you so much. God, if only you knew." I gushed and my sobbing then became uncontrollable. Oh, God. I was crying over the phone to my long-lost brother. He must think I'm a right idiot. "Gem, no...don't cry." he mumbled, sounding a little awkward. I hiccuped myself into silence, wiping the last few stray tears.

"I...we should catch up, you and I. With mum as well. Only if you want to though- there's no rush." I added, in hope that I hadn't pushed him to far. "All right. I'd like to meet you too." Luckily I hadn't pushed him.

---

END OF FLASHBACK

Harry

Zayn had somehow went back to sleep, despite the fact I had left him awake. I reluctantly went over to the bed, nudging his shoulder a little. He groaned, mumbling words in his sleep until his eyes peeled over, his hair messy and disheveled. "Babe...I'm just going out for a bit. Do you want anything?" I asked quietly and he shook his head, thumping it back on the pillow and he was out like a light again. I chuckled, grabbing a jacket before locking the door behind me.

When I arrived at the shopping centre, I spotted two woman standing anxiously next to each other. Both were tall and dark haired, a smile like mine and they were both biting their lips, their eyes scanning the crowd. I couldn't help smiling when their eyes met mine and they immediately came running over, frantic. "Harry!" Gemma squealed loudly, causing a few passing-byers to glance at her. I couldn't help laughing as they both practically tackled me to the ground but I managed to regain my balance.

"Steady..." I chuckled and Gemma giggled. "Your voice is deeper." she complimented and I rolled my eyes. "And your hair is messier." My mum added, pursing her lips as she ran her hand through it. I groaned, batting it away. Yep. She's not changed. "Mum, leave him be. He suits it." Gemma beamed, smiling at me. Her eyes seemed to roam my face continuously, before she gasped when she found the chain on my neck was no longer there. "Harry, where's that necklace I got you?" she asked, sounding a little hurt. I blanched, blushing a little. "Someone else wears it now." I mumbled, suddenly avoiding her gaze. "Is it a boy?" she asked curiously and I nodded, not really helping the blush that crept on my cheeks. She nodded, smiling sheepishly at me. "What's he like?" she questioned and I smirked. Trust her to be asking a lot of questions. "He's really shy, but he's amazing." I beamed, an imagine of Zayn's chocolate brown eyes flashing in my mind. "Awww!" Gemma cooed, kissing my cheek and I flinched, shaking my hea din disbelief.

"We have to meet him." she gushed childishly and I bit my lip, looking at her. "Like I said, he's quite shy." I reminded her and she whined, pouting a little. I laughed, shaking my head. "And you're meant to be older than me." I teased, earning a playful punch on the shoulder. "Anyway, how about I treat you to a smoothie?" I asked, in attempt to change the subject about Zayn. She nodded, her hair bouncing.

Zayn

Smiling, I opened the door to find a very large man standing in front of me; perhaps the same size as Jai, muscular wise. But it wasn't him. Nor was it Jake, his brother. I gazed up at him curiously. "You Harry's boyfriend?" he frowned, nodding at me. The last person who asked me  that was Jai, and it had been straight out no that I had replied to him. But things were different now, between me and Harry. So much had changed. "Yes." I replied warily and when he stepped forward, I took two steps back. "Harry!" I called and he came hurrying in, whipping a sweater over his head, his sweats hanging low on his lips. I took his hand in mine, stepping back a bit and eyeing him curiously. "Go back in the bedroom." he mumbled in my ear and I sighed, letting go of his hand before I walked away from him, but stopped at the bedroom, out of eyesight from the two men so I could listen in.

"What do you want?" Harry asked, his voice angry as he had his back to me.

"Jake wants to know you won't pussy out on the fight. We know you're not a real trainer." he smirked, his eyes on Harry. "I won't. You can tell your precious Jake I'll be there." Harry replied half- heartily. The man paused for a second, his eyes lingering on me. "I'd like to see him there, too." he smirked. My eyes went wide as Harry turned round to find me, his green eyes soft again my worried once. He quickly turned round to the stranger.

"Piss off." Harry spat and the man chuckled.

"Only if I fuck him first." the man challenged, before the door was slammed in his face.

Harry's breathing was hard and shallow when he came in, his no longer soft but hard and cold.

"Harry?"

I tensed when he moved toward me, taking my wrists in his hands and he frowned further when he looked at the faded purple and blue bruises. "Fuck, he hurt you." he cursed through gritted teeth. I winced, pulling away from him. "No, Harry. That was you." I reminded him and his expression softened again, his eyes on mine. "I thought he did...when you shouted my name." Harry explained and I shook my head.

"No, he just frightened me. That's all. He didn't even touch me." I promised him quickly and he relaxed, his back leaning against the back of the sofa. "Who was that? I didn't recognise him." I pointed out.

"Jake's best friend. He doesn't hang around with Jai." Harry shrugged his shoulders and I nodded, lost in thought. "I don't want you to fight..." I whispered, just as his fingertips traced lightly over my bruises. He frowned, sighing deeply before he looked up at me.

"I'm sorry."

_________________________

Hi guys! Decided to update since I'll be out all weekend and I won't have time! I didn't have much inspiration for this story and I had writers block (again, sadly) so I'm sorry if this is to similiar to Dark, my apologizes. But let me know what you think and next update will be next week again! Thanks! Love you all :) xxx