Chapter 50.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

"Why is Josh sitting by himself?" Harry asked curiously, his hands on Zayns back. "What?" Zayn frowned, turning round to look at Josh. Sure enough, Josh was sitting by himself on the leather sofa next to the pool table, the beer by his side and his head in his hands.

Zayn sighed, feeling a little guilty. Maybe Zayn had pushed him a little too far, pushed him in the wrong direction. Zayns eyes fell on Louis, studying him carefully as he bit on his lip. Louis was talking to Harry when he paused, noticing Zayn staring. "What?"

"I need you to talk to Josh." Zayn explained, nodding toward a lonely Josh. Louis turned round to see him and looked back at Zayn again. "Why me?"

"Because you're single and good-looking. And you have a good sense of humour." Zayn replied simply, bringing the beer to his lips. "I'm not gay!" Louis retorted, looking baffled. "No one said you had to be." Zayn shrugged and Louis heaved a deep sigh.

"Okay, fine. But I'm only doing this for you." Louis frowned and Zayn beamed, batting his eyelashes and Louis walked off to introduce himself formally to Josh. "Hey, Josh." Louis spoke and Josh looked up, blinking his eyes a little in the dim light. "Hi." He replied simply.

"I don't know if you've seen me before, but I'm Louis? I'm friends with Zayn." Louis shrugged, offering his hand to Josh. He was surprised when Josh grinned. "You're the one taking care of him, you mean?" Josh teased, shaking his hand. He patted the empty space next to him for Louis to sit down and Louis did so, smirking a little at Josh's comment.

"Something like that." Louis spoke softly. "It's good what you did for Zayn. Taking him in and all that." Josh praised and Louis smiled. "I was just being a friend. Zayn needed someone and I was there for him." Louis explained and Josh nodded in agreement.

"So, um, why are you sitting here? All by yourself? If you don't mind me asking." Louis added and even in the dim light, Louis could see Josh blushing. "The guy who left, he was straight and I didn't know. I was too embarrassed to go back and tell Zayn." Josh laughed nervously and Louis felt a little guilty. "You don't need to be embarrassed in front of Zayn." Louis reasoned but Josh shook his head.

"I've embarrassed myself in front of him too many times I've lost count." Josh admitted and Louis sighed.

"Why, what happened?"

"I kissed him even though he was still in love with Harry." Josh said warily and Louis ran a hand through his hair. "You weren't to know." Louis assured him, patting his thigh but Josh frowned, staying silent.

"I think you need some cheering up, mate." Louis decided cheerfully, holding out his hand. Josh looked up, raising his eyebrows. "We're going for shots. Let's go." Louis beamed, reaching his hand out which Josh took and followed Louis up to the bar. When Josh wasn't looking, Louis turned around and gave the thumbs up gesture to Zayn to put his kind at ease.

Zayn sighed with relief, turning back to Harry. "You're setting them up, aren't you?" Harry wondered and Zayns cheeks turned pink. "Is it that obvious?" Zayn said knowingly and Harry chuckled. "I just know you too well." Harry replied simply, kissing him on the cheek and gently brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes.

"You really are amazing." Harry gushed, a lazy smile on his face. Zayn rolled his eyes but didn't bother to shut him up. Zayn was about to open his mouth to compliment him back when Liam and Niall both reappeared looking flustered and- well, for a lack of better word- fucked. Their hair was dishevelled and messy, their eyes dilated and lips swollen and both of them were breathless. Liam cleared his throat, making their presence known. As they sat down awkwardly next to each other.