Chapter 34.

Harry

I looked over to the body lying in a heap on my bed, sound asleep. Zayn was a mess. His hair was tousled and tangled, his stubble showing more than ever and he was still covered in bruises and cuts from the fight. He hadn't been talking to me much the past few days, at all. I didn't know what to do, to be honest. I didn't know how to react when he told me he loved me. I never expected that from Zayn. I thought he still hated my guts. But did I love Zayn back? Yes, I did. I've just not been able to trust anybody since Bo.

Bo was the first person I ever loved, and she left. What if Zayn did the same? Because I was too dangerous for him, like I was for Bo? My phone buzzed in my pockets, interrupting me from my thoughts and I pulled it out.

Gemma: Is seven o'clock all right to meet you and Zayn? Mum will have finished work by then - G. x

I smiled at the text before replying, slipping my phone back in my pocket and glancing at Zayn. Grabbing the bundle of clothes, I strolled over to the bed and attempted to wake him up. "Zayn?" I whispered softly but he didn't move an inch and I chuckled a little. "Baby, it's time to get up." I soothed and he mumbled in reply, shifting away from me. "Z, I hate doing this too you but you really need to get it. It's way past morning." I sighed, massing his the back of his neck and he let out a deep moan. "Don't do that to me, it just makes me sleepier." He said suddenly and I chuckled, pressing a kiss to the back of his neck. "That, too." He added and I rolled my eyes, pushing myself off him. But I still hovered over him and he turned round so he was gazing up at me. My smile faded when I saw the purple, swollen bruise plastered on the left side of his face. "I don't look that revolting, do I?" he asked innocently, but I stayed silent. "Your silence is very convincing." He said firmly and I sighed as he maneuvered over to the other side, releasing himself from my grip. "I just wish I could take it all back." I replied harshly and he looked up at me as he slipped on a pair of sweats.

"Well, you can't. It's in the past. Get over it." He spat, slipping on a beanie after it. "For the record, I did save your arse back there. You're welcome." He snapped and stormed out the room. "Zayn, wait!" I shouted, anger boiling inside. "What?!" he shouted back, turning his head. "I know you're mad at me because I didn't say it back-"

"You're think I'm because of that?" he asked coldly and I cringed at his tone. "Harry, I knew you have trust issues but this isn't about you loving me back. It's about you being a dick, going behind my back and threatening my friends." He spat and I sighed, running a hand through my messy hair. "Just answer this question." He said and I looked up, giving him a questionable look. "Do you own a gun?" He asked and I paused, glancing sideways at him. "What made you ask that?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Just answer the damn question." He said fiercely and I gulped. "No." I replied and he scoffed. "You're lying." He said coldly and I looked up at him, slightly hurt. "You don't believe me?" I asked, surprised. "I'm finding it hard to believe a lot of things at the moment." He admitted and my jaw clenched. "If you don't believe me, then what's the point in this relationship?" I spat and he froze, smirking darkly and shaking his head in disbelief.

Shit. I didn't mean that. "Zayn, wait." I said quickly and I rushed over to him, slamming the door shut before he could get out. He jumped with fright, unable to meet my gaze. "Zayn, look at me." I demanded and when he refused to do so, I used my index finger to tilt his head up and have his green eyes look into mine. I pressed my lips to his, kissing him forcefully and desperately. He whimpered a little before pulling away, gazing up at me.

"I'm tired of this, Harry." He finally admitted, looking hurt. My eyes narrowed a little and I bit lip as I cupped his face in my hands, giving him a thoughtful look. "Look, I know I can't tell you that I love you...but I can show you." I told him and he frowned, tilting his head to the side in confused. "My family want to meet you...tonight." I explained and his eyes widened as I laced my fingers in his own.

"I looked to revolting to you?" He challenged, sounding insecure. I frowned in annoyance. "Z, I think you're beautiful inside and out. You know it." I nodded and he sighed, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck. "All right, just tell me what I have to wear." He said, finally giving in and I beamed, taking his hand again and walking him over to my bedroom.