Chapter 37.

~PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE~

Zayn

The next few days had been difficult I me and Harry. The art studio had even left abandoned, making me feel incredibly guilty because I knew how much Chris cared about that studio. The worse part of it all, was that I has caught Harry drinking. A numerous of times, at that.

I don't know if it was to get rid if the anger, or to forget about what's happening with Jai but quite frankly, it scared the shit outta me. I didn't know what to do. We shout at each other, a lot, and sometimes it makes me wonder if our relationship is worth anything at all.

I was currently in Harry's flat an I took one last painful glance at my swollen lip before heading into Harry's bedroom, curling up on the bed. Harry had just came out of the bathroom seconds later, dressed in only a pair of black boxers. Our eyes met briefly; his expression cold and emotionless while mines were soft and warm. He wondered over without uttering a word to me, shuffling around in the bed with his back to me and falling silent, his breathing even. I grunted with annoyance, doing the same and shutting my eyes.

Stubborn git.

Harry

I awoke to the emptiness of the bed next to me. It was unusually cold. Normally Zayn's body was there to keep me warm, but it was nada. I frowned, sitting up and rubbing my sleepy eyes. I glanced over at the empty bottle of vodka sitting on the nightstand and guilt flooded through me. Exhaling deeply, I stumbled out of bed without changing my boxers and headed into the living room.

Zayn was curled up on sofa, arms wrapped around his legs as he stares into space. Okay, maybe I had been a bit harsh on him. A few unnecessary words were exchanged between the pair of us over the past few days. But he didn't tell me Jai had hit him! What was I suppose to do, sit back and watch Jai have his fun? No! It was my job to protect Zayn and he wasn't making it any easier! Silently, I strolled over and wrapped my arms around his frail body, pulling him close.

He was sniffling a little as I cradled him, his cool skin making contact with my warm fingers. I tiled his chin up using my index finger, examining his bruises and guilt washed through me again. All it was was guilt. I'd lost count on how many times Zayn has taken a bullet from me, and I couldn't just sit back and do nothing. I was loosing Zayn and I didn't know how to get him back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I merely whispered and a frown appeared on his face. "I did." he muttered and I sighed. "You know that's not what I meant." I snapped at him and almost instantly, his fingers pulled away from mine. "Zayn." I warned him when he stood up, freeing himself from me and pacing the length of the living room.

He groaned softly and I frowned anxiously at him. "Because I was protecting you, damn it! Maybe I wanted to protect you for once! Because I knew you'd go after Jai! That's just so typical you! And maybe I'm in love you and it wouldn't hurt for you to say it back every once and a while!" he shouted and realizing what he had just said, he fell silent. His words were like stabs at the heart, although they really shouldn't be. He just told me me loved me for the second time and I haven't even said it once, because I couldn't.

"Oh God, this is so fucked up." he whined and grabbed his hoodies jacket and left without another word, and I let him.

Zayn

I watched Harry pace the length of the bedroom, looking agitated. I, on the other hand, felt completely on edge and antsy as I was scared of what he was about to do next. Harry was unpredictable and sometimes his protectiveness of me causes him to act out aggressively. Not intentional, of course. I was surprised when Harry had started to cry on my shoulder but yet again, I was angry that Jai infuriated Harry so much that he was able to cry. This needed to end now, once and for all. And I knew that it wasn't going to end well. One of us was going to get hurt.