Chapter 45.

When Zayn woke up, he was screaming. And sweating. And it wasn't long until Louis heard him and came rushing into the room. "Bloody hell, what's wrong?" Louis stammered, looking flustered and panicky.

"Nothing. Bad dream. Go back to sleep." Zayn murmured and rolled over, not caring about how comfortable he felt. Louis wasn't having it. "Come off it, Z. It may look it, but you can't fool me. Okay?" Louis breathed, walking over to his friend. Zayn ignored him nod Louis sighed deeply, bowing his head a little. Hesitantly, Louis walked over to the bed be clambered in next to Zayn. "What the-?" Zayn was stunned as Louis wrapped his arms around Zayn, trying to comfort him.

"I may not be good with relationship stuff, but I do know how to cuddle." Louis spoke so seriously that it made Zayn laugh. "And make people laugh. Finally got a grin on that miserable face." Louis grinned triumphantly and Zayn immediately scowled and rolled over the other side although he was still trapped next to Louis. It was nice though. It was comforting.

When Zayn woke up the next morning, the bed was empty. Again. He was going to have to get used to this. He sighed heavily, reluctantly getting up off the bed and sauntering into the living room. Eleanor was long gone for the day but Louis was pacing the door of the living room, on a phone call.

"Zayn? Yeah, he's here." Louis breathed and turned round to find Zayn standing in the doorway. When he saw him he gasped, gulping dryly. "Is that Harry?" Zayn asked automatically and Louis froze, his face going pale. Zayn rushed over to him and immediately went for the phone but Louis snatched it away, pulling his hand free which caused him to drop the phone and when Zayn saw Harry's name on the screen, he had ended the call. Zayns heart sank, his body sinking to the fluffy carpet as he let go of Louis.

Louis watched helplessly as Zayn sat, trembling and crossing his arms across his chest. Louis exhaled and sat down next to Zayn, crossing his arms over his chest like him. "What did he want?" Zayn asked, inaudible.

"Believe it or not, he was checking up on you. He seemed mad to find out that you weren't in your flat." Louis admitted and Zayns head snapped up. "Then, I don't get it." Zayn sighed and Louis bit his lip. "Don't get what?" Louis asked.

"I don't understand why he'd kiss me like the way he did...and then phone in to check on me? How did he even know I was here?" Zayn rambled, sounding frustrated. "This is Harry we're talking about. God knows." Louis shrugged, running his fingers trough the feathery carpet.

"He still cares then." Zayn instantly decided, hopes rising. Louis' head snapped up. "How do you mean?"

"If Harry hadn't checked up on me, he wouldn't care, right? He does love me!" Zayn beamed, standing up and Louis joined him. "Z, think this through for a second. If he even cared for a second, he would be here, all right? He'd be taking you home, you'd be together! He wouldn't just call! He probably panicked, that's all." Louis said and Zayn scowled.

"Why do you not want us to be together so badly? You're the one that's stopped us fighting in the first place!" Zayn shouted and Louis ran a hand down the side of his face. "I don't want you to get hurt again, that's all. I don't want you to get your hopes up." Louis admitted and Zayn scoffed. "Little late for that." Zayn spoke bluntly and headed back into the bedroom.

Angry boiled up inside Zayn then as he thought. If he hadn't left...if he hadn't so stupidly abandoned his flat just because of some ridiculous nightmares then maybe, just maybe, Zayn could have caught Harry and persuaded him to come back.

Zayn didn't feel like telling Louis that Harry didn't love him anymore. It just give Louis more reasons to tell Zayn about not going back to Harry. Zayn didn't even have a clue where Harry was. He just disappeared and took Zayns broken heart with him. How could he be so stupid, and after everything they'd been through? He knew their happy ending was just too good to be true. Maybe Harry was right. Maybe Louis was right. To just forget about it. And move on. Whatever Harry had to leave for, it was obviously important to him. So important that he had to keep Zayn out of it.

After wiping a few stray tears, he unhooked the St Christopher's chain from neck and slipped it inside an envelope and addressed it to Harry.

_______________

Hi guys sorry if this is short and unedited but I really wanted to update

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT