Chapter 41.

Zayn tangled himself around Harry's body, feeling fidgety. His lips were sloppily pressed against Harry's, earning for more of his warmth. He impatiently bit as his bottom lip, Harry being to lazy to reply. Zayn finally sat himself in between Harry's legs, his bum touching his heels as he sat up on the leather. "Can't you lay at peace?" Harry asked impatiently, snapping one we open as he stared at Zayn.

"Not when you won't kiss me back." Zayn whined, almost child-like as he pouted his bottom lip. Harry let our a deep sigh, turning himself around so that Zayn was practically straddling him, Harry's hands on the back of Zayns thighs, close to his bum to pull him closer. "That look doesn't work on me." Harry pointed out and he automatically changed his face so that he was now biting his lower lip, almost seductively. He knew it always hit a nerve in Harry's body when he did this.

"That's a look that does work on me." Harry added, bringing himself up to kiss Zayn more forcefully. Zayn grunted at the contact, moving back a little but Harry pressed their chests together instead. "Ahem." A female voice had cleared their throat behind them and Zayn spun round to see Anne and Gemma standing in the doorway. Zayn automatically pulled away, stumbling out of Harry's grip to leave Harry frowning in annoyance.

"I hope we aren't interrupting anything." Gemma smirked, flashing a teasing look to Harry. "Yes, you are-"

"No! No, of course not. We weren't doing anything, at all." Zayn assured them and Gemma chuckled. "And that's why you've got a massive hickey on your neck?" Gemma teased and Zayns face went bright red, his hand immediately covering his neck. "Harry!" Zayn snapped, turning back round to see him with a smug look on his face. "You're welcome." Harry grinned back devilishly and Zayn scoffed. Harry had probably given him that to try wake him up this morning. Unfortunately, he had succeeded.

"I'll go and get dressed." Harry finally sighed, pulling himself up from the sofa and heading into the bedroom. Zayn turned round again, a shy smile on his face as he indicated Anne and Gemma to sit down. "Would you like a cup of tea?" Zayn offered and Gemma smiled. "That would be lovely." Gemma replied but Anne shook her head. "None for me, thanks." Zayn beamed and headed into the kitchen and once he had made the tea, he headed back to the living room where Harry was now sitting cross-legged on the couch. "So, uh, why are you guys here?" Zayn asked innocently and Anne and Gemma exchanged glances before Anne answered.

"We thought you'd appreciate this." Anne smiled, handing over a small leather-binged book. "What's this?" Zayn frowned, running his fingers over the fine leather. "It's the family photo album." Gemma blurted out and Zayns head snapped up, his hands frozen on the leather. There was the sound of shuffling footsteps and Harry appeared in the doorway of the bedroom, dressed in a pair of tight jeans and a baggy Ramones t-shirt.

"Is that what I think it is?" Harry asked quickly, pointing a long finger to what Zayn was holding. Gemma beamed, a huge, triumphant smile on her face and Anne watched in horror as Harry, quite literally, lunged for Zayn and rugby-tackled him on the couch. Zayn laughed loudly as Harry pinched aimlessly at his sides, tickling him. Zayn had the book tucked safely in his arms, under his body while Harry lay on top of him. "Say Uncle! Say Uncle!" Harry bellowed and Zayn burst into hysterical laughter again.

Zayn (with great difficulty) tossed the leather book aside and Gemma caught it in the air. Harry freed himself from Zayn, letting him breath and and going after Gemma instead. Zayn cleared his throat and sat up right, grinning like a goon at Harry and Gemma play-fighting. Gemma was swearing and cursing like mad, Harry doing the same and Anne blinked at them both, not having the energy to calm them both down because they were too wild.

Zayn looked anxiously at Anne. "Uh, are they always like this?" He asked uncertainly and he was surprised when Anne laughed. "Unfortunately, yes. Even when they were little, they were always running around the house and telling each other off." Anne sighed, but she had a fond smile on her face as she stared at her children. Her eyes then fell on the St Christopher's pendant still draped around Zayns neck (he never took it off) and her smile grew wider before looking back at Gemma and Harry.

"Gottcha!" Gemma finally cried triumphantly, straddling Harry who was on his stomach and having his hands tied behind his back by Gemma. "I'm ashamed to say I taught you that move." Harry grumbled, his cheek pressed against the floor and Gemma laughed hysterically. "Floored by a girl. What a great way to live up reputation, Styles." Gemma teased, taking the photo album off of him.

"He's also been floored by me." Zayn added delightfully and Gemma squealed. Even though his face was half covered, Zayn could still see the glare he was giving me. If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under by now. Zayn willingly flipped open the book on his laps and Gemma joined him in seconds. Harry muttered under his breath, sauntered to his mothers' side and folded his arms across his chest, looking very childlike.

Zayn flipped the page open to Harry as a youngster, standing with his hands behind his back and beaming widely at the camera, dimples showing. He was only wearing swimming trunks; his sister standing next to him with an arm wrapped round him, also smiling. "When was this?" Zayn frowned.

"That was at our trip to Blackpool. I think it was our first and last trip, to be honest." Gemma admitted and Harry's head snapped up. The next picture was at Harry's six birthday. A picture of him with puffy cheeks and eyes closed and blowing out his sixth birthday cake. Zayn couldn't help smiling at the sight and he couldn't help laughing at the next one. It was a picture of Harry in a golden silk Elvis costume, a microphone in his hand as he bellowed lyrics out. "That one's my favourite." Zayn decided and Gemma chuckled.

"He was very good at doing imitations when he was younger." Anne teased and Harry rolled his eyes. "Where is your family album?" Gemma questioned curiously and Zayns face paled. Him and Harry exchanged knowing glances. "I don't have one." He admitted quietly and Gemma's smile faded. "Oh."

"Even if they did, I wouldn't be in it." Zayn sighed, closing the book shut and setting it down in the coffee table. "Well, you belong to this family now." Gemma smiled sweetly, squeezing his arm as a comforting gesture. "I wanna add this photo." Harry said suddenly and brought out a picture from the drawer at the side. It was a picture him and Zayn, sitting on the Ferris wheel. At the fun fair they went too, ages ago. "You kept that?" Zayn frowned and Harry smiled.

"That's my favourite photo." Harry commented, sticking it to the paper and closing the book. Zayn smiled at him, and Harry smiled back, knowing just how much that meant to Zayn. Gemma and Anne exchanged knowing glances. "Well, it's about time we left and you can go back to...whatever t was you were doing." Gemma teased, smirking a little as she stood up and grabbed her jacket. "So soon?" Zayn asked, disappointed as he walked them to his door. "Yes, well, we both have work this afternoon and we don't really want to spoil your day." Gemma sighed and Zayn frowned further.

"You didn't." Zayn replied sheepishly and Gemma giggled, bringing Zayn in for a hug. "I've always liked you, Z. You do good to Harry. You keep him grounded." Gemma smiled, kissing him on the cheek. Anne looked behind Harry, to find him walking back into the bedroom after his phone had rang. "Look, Zayn. I know that maybe Harry hasn't told you he loves you yet but I know he does. And I just want to say that-"

"Harry has told me he loved me." Zayn interrupted and Gemma's head snapped up. Anne looked surprised. "Oh. Well, that's good then. He knows how to keep people waiting. But anyways, I just wanted to say that you'd still be part of this family. You're a part of Harry's life, you're a part of ours." Anne smiled and Zayn beamed. "Thank you." Zayn breathed, hugging Harry's mother and then Gemma hugged him again. "Kill that Bo bitch for me." Gemma whispered in his ear as she hugged him and Zayn couldn't help chuckling. "Already on it." He whispered back and Gemma beamed as they waved goodbye and left.

"What was all that about?" Harry frowned, standing in the hallway and Zayn spun round. "Gemma wants me to kill Bo." Zayn shrugged sheepishly and Harry smirked. "Of course she does." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Who was on the phone?" Zayn asked curiously and Harry looked up. "Louis." He answered smugly and Zayn tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"They finally caught Jai and Jay. The police." He explained and Zayns eyes widened, his heart hammering against his t-shirts. "W-why? Who? How? When?" Zayn stuttered and Harry chuckled. "Come with me." Harry demanded, taking Zayns hand and his car keys in his other free hand.

Sitting in the passenger seat of Harry's Jeep, Zayn watched as Harry pulled up next to another block if flats where the police cars and cops were crowding round. Louis was amongst the crowd, talking rapidly into the phone and using hand gestures. A beanie covered his tousled hair, a slight beard beginning to show as he wore a baggy sweater and jeans and converse. Zayn frowned as he stepped out of the car, just in time to see Jay and Jai being brought out of the flat entrance, both if them handcuffed.

Louis looked over and beamed at Harry, giving him a thumbs up. Harry beamed back, a dazzling smile on his face. "What's going on?" Zayn asked, moving round the car to get a better view. "Jai was caught smuggling drugs to his brother last night. Louis pulled them up to the police and made a statement." Harry explained, wrapping his arm around Zayns waist to pull him closer as they lent against the car.

Zayns eyes fell on Louis again and they drifted to Jai. Jai was shooting daggers at the pair of them, including Jay. Zayn gave Jai a cheeky, innocent wave with the tip of his fingers and Jai's face turned red with anger, his body tensing. Zayn and Harry both burst our laughing at Zayns sassiness. "I take it Louis planted the drugs?" Zayn asked knowingly and Harry's eyes widened in shock. "You catch on quick." Harry complimented and Zayn chuckled. "I only learn from the best." Zayn replied, pecking him on the cheek.

"They weren't Louis' to plant, though. Louis saw Jai leave then at the pub and he decided to break into their flat with them to plant them there then he phoned up the police as an anonymous resident." Harry explained further and Zayn nodded. "He's smart." Zayn sighed, glancing over at their fellow friend who was waving goodbye to them.

"Harry, you're such a dick!" A familiar voice cried and Zayn looked up to see Bo storming toward us, fuming mad. Her hand reached out to swipe Harry across the face and he groaned, clenching his jaw as anger boiled inside him. "That's my boyfriend, you bitch!" Zayn shouted at her and her face was smug. "Yeah, well, he was mine too." Bo replied smartly and Zayn growled at her.

"That's what you get for choosing a guy who has his head stuck up his own arse, Bo. He didn't care about you. He never did." Harry spoke softly and Bo dropped her hand. She opened her mouth but then closed it again. Her eyes fell on the pendant around Zayns neck before she burst into tears, bowing her head and walked away, her heels clicking.

"Let's go. How about a night out with the lads? I think this calls for a few pints or two." Harry beamed, linking his hand through Zayns again. Zayn hummed in approval, his eyes drifting to the red burning mark on Harry's face before sliding into the car.

________________

Here's chapter forty one! I'd like to say something to you guys. Actually, it's not to all of you, it's to one person in particular. I had to block and report her to wattpad because I couldn't be bothered with her anymore. Her name is @Nattye_k and I speak directly to her, and her only. Nobody else. I reported her comments and blocked her so Wattpad deleted and you can’t see them anymore but basically she said something along the lines of “If you are calling your fans pests then maybe I don’t want to read this story anymore.” And I got a little offended by it. Not because she doesn’t want to read the story anymore, I couldn’t give two shits if she didn’t want to read it because I get new readers every day. Heck, I have nearly 500,000 readers, which says a lot about the story. But it’s the fact that she said I call you guys “pests”. Correction. I have never, nor will ever, call you guys pests. She was commenting my A/N I put (not on the actual story, might I add) that I said “People are pestering me for updates” and I’d just like to explain that what she is claiming, is completely different to what I said. She seriously needs to look up the damn dictionary because pestering is another word for demanding, annoying etc and I was explaining that people were pestering me for updates. I wasn’t calling you guys’ pests, I would never do that. There’s a difference. So once again, love, you’re argument is completely pointless and irrelevant so stop trying to bring me down fucking lower, making out that I’m the bad guy when it’s you. I also had to explain to her that I have a busy live with my job, exams etc and she said something along the lines of “I don’t care about what you do in your own time, you’re not the busiest person on here love.” Or something like that. And I’d just like to point out that I know I’m not the fucking busiest person on the planet, but I am pretty busy outside wattpad and believe it or not, I actually have a social life. My point is, that she didn’t give a damn about the story at all. She just wanted an excuse to make a writer feel lower than they already do feel, but saying something completely pointless. She even admitted it by saying that she didn’t want to read the story anymore. But know what the best part is? She can’t comment on this story anymore and I hope she feels as useless and as worthless as I did when she said that, while she reads this authors note (if she’s still bothering with it, that is).

But, in other news, what did you guys think of this chapter? I’m thinking of ending this story around chapter 50, including the epilogue. Not because I’m tired of this story (even though I really am) but because I think that’d be a good ending for it. It’s been going on for too long, really. And I think over the next few chapters, it’s just going to be fluff (maybe with a bit of drama) but what do you guys think? Can’t wait to hear what you guys have to hear about this chapter ;)

PS, also I realised I've been writing in third/second person without even realising, so I'm sorry for confusing you guys. That's bad on my part. I'll continue to write this way simply because it's easier and better - and I don't have to confuse you haha. Love you! Xxx