Epilogue.

Zayn aimed punches at the bag. Again and again. Over and over. Getting fitter each time he punched. Sweat was dripping from his topless body, his hair floppy and messy, his eyes fierce and concentrated.

"Again!" His trainer shouted, thumping Zayn hard on the back. Zayn groaned, resting himself against the punch bag before continuing, as his instructor said. "You don't have to do this, Z." Liam called, leaping over the ring to get to Zayn.

"I do. It keeps me fit. Especially if I'm going to be working at an art studio twenty four seven. Plus, it's good for self-defence." Zayn shrugged when his trainer had given him a ten minute break. Zayn joined Liam by the table, taking a sip of water. "You don't need self-defence anymore, mate." Liam pointed softly and Zayn paused. He had a point.

He was about to head back up again when Niall came in, looking exhausted but fresh from the shower. "You reader?" Liam asked him and Niall nodded silently, smiling a little. "See you later, Z." Liam smiled, waving him off as he slung a free arm around Nialls waist. "See ya." Zayn replied and watched them walk off.

Zayn used to envy their relationship. It was so simple, so carefree. No complications whatsoever. The complete opposite of what he had Harry had. But he soon realised, there was no need to envy what they had. His and Harry's relationship was perfect the way it was. Sure, they had their few moments of bickering and arguing but it wasn't anything any other normal couple didn't have. The worst of their arguing was out the way, and in the past. Zayn was pretty sure that even Niall and Liam had their cold moments too, when none of them were looking. He had a wild guess it had mostly to do with Nialls drinking habits. On the contrary, nothing was out of the ordinary.

They were perfect for each other, in their own twisted way.

As Zayn drank his water, Harry entered the gym to find Zayn. As soon as he spotted him, a grin spread on his face. God, he was just so beautiful. And he was all his. He loved Zayn like this. Dressed in only a pair of sweats and sweat dripping from his tattooed body, his hair floppy and dishevelled.

"Zayn!" Harry called and Zayn looked his way. His grin mirrored his own. "Hey! That's my cue to go." Zayn called to his trainer, who looked their way. His trainer smiled and waved his hand dismissively, letting Zayn go.

Harry slung his arm around Zayns waist, pulling him close as they left the building and out into the hot, summer’s air. "God, it's roasting." Zayn complained, exhaling deeply.

"Maybe I could lend you an extra heater that'll make you remove your sweats too." Harry suggested cheekily with a wink and Zayn barked a laugh. "That's just wishful thinking." Zayn replied, although he was feeling quite smug inside.

Walking down the path, a few girls strolled past then, dressed in mini skirts and blouses and blazers as their school uniform. Zayn would always be slightly jealous of Harry for his flirtatious charm and good looks. "I think they fancy you." Zayn whispered with a frown and Harry couldn't help chuckling.

"Babe, I think that's you." Harry corrected him. Eyes wide, Zayn subtly turned round to find the girls giggling hysterically and when they caught him staring, they squealed and ran the opposite direction. Zayn grunted, feeling a little flustered. He wasn't used to this sort of attention. This is why he rarely took off his top. It was only useless it was really, really, really hot. Like today.

"Told ya." Harry smirked, linking his hand through Zayns. Marking him his. Again. "Don't tell me you're gonna go all jealous on a couple of innocent teenage girls, are you?" Zayn teased and Harry laughed. "No. I promise you, I have my jealousy under control.” Harry assured him, rubbing his thumb gently across Zayns hand. Zayn smiled, feeling reassured. Since their last falling out, Harry had taken his possessiveness more seriously by not going to bar fights, or even quitting his boxing. He decided to attend the gym daily now like any normal person would.

It was Zayn that was taking over Harry’s job. Not for controlling his anger (Zayn didn’t really have any anger unless it was with Harry) but for the simple self-defence. Even though Harry had admitted enjoying defending Zayn all the time, Zayn thought it was about time for him to man up and stick up for himself for now on. Now that he’d ever need to defend himself now. Jai and Jake were gone. Bo was long gone and out of the picture. Zayn’s parents had disappeared for good and so had Harry’s father. Zayn and Harry could now live in piece with Harry’s family and their friends. Zayn had split up with his old friends; the ones he used to keep in touch with before Harry. Simply because they were too homophobic and hated Harry’s guts and Zayn didn’t have the time and patience for any of them. He was better off without them. Now he knew who his real friends were. Now he knew where he belonged. With Harry.

Louis and Josh on the other hand…well, things were going great for them, too. They hadn’t really figured out their feelings yet but Zayn was sure that in time, they would. They didn’t have to be gay for each other. They didn’t even have to be a couple, if Louis was still in the denial stage. They were both happy and that was all that mattered. “So wanna go see Louis then?” Harry asked, interrupting Zayn’s thoughts. “Didn’t he tell you?” Zayn asked, surprised and Harry looked up, frowning. “He and Josh are going away for the week. Spain, apparently. Tenerife.” Zayn shrugged and Harry raised his eyebrows.

“I’m acting surprised but I really don’t know why I am.” Harry admitted and Zayn laughed. “Come on, let’s go home.” Zayn smiled, tugging at Harry’s hand and practically pulling him along the path.

The next morning, Zayn woke up and showered and got dressed. “You’re early.” Harry commented, his eyes sleepy as he watched Zayn through the doorway of their bedroom. “Don’t wanna be late for my first day.” Zayn admitted and Harry grinned lazily. “Think you could paint any more naked pictures for me?” Harry grinned, looking hopeful and Zayn smirked, blushing a little. “Not of me, no.” Zayn admitted and Harry pouted. “But I’d paint plenty of naked pictures of you.” Zayn added seductively, moving further toward his boyfriend so that he was inches away from him. Harry scoffed, looking blunt. “I’m boring.” Harry groaned and Zayn laughed. “I happen to find you fascinating.” Zayn complimented, kissing Harry on the cheek. Harry blushed, watching Zayn leave the flat, grabbing his back as he did so.

“Hurry back!” Harry called and Zayn waved him off.

“Always do!” Zayn called back and the door was closed, leaving Harry grinning like an idiot.

“I love you, beautiful.”  

_________________________

Hello guys! So here's the epilogue, as promised! I'm not gonna lie, I'm quite happy it's finished. I don't think I can say the same for you guys though haha. So no sequel, as I said before. It's too much for me, I had enough difficulty as it was with writing this one. I feel as if I owe you guys an explanation. Well, it's more of a thank you, really. This story has received so much shit from chapter three onwards, but you guys, my true friends, stuck with me through thick and thin. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Every DM I received, or comment I received telling me how much they loved Dark Zarry really made my day. I've kept every singe one of them. Like I said, this story got a lot of shit. Mainly because people thought it was equivalent to the original Dark which I'm not gonna lie, the first few chapters were very similar to the original one but that was only because I had no inspiration to begin with. Then, I decided to be creative and be completely different and thought I'd use Bo as an alternative. Seeing as nobody had done that before. It's just something new for you all. But in defence, I've seen a lot worse Dark fan fics than this - that copy Dark exactly word from word- and I'm pretty sure Hannah is aware of. The only reason I came up with Dark "Zarry" is because I am aware Hannah is a bit of Zarry shipper herself and I loved Dark so much I thought I'd collide them together. So there you have it. But I hated the amount of hate I got for this story, some of it I couldn't ignore. I had to point these people individually just to prove to them they were wrong. You guys proved them wrong. Your support proved them wrong, that's why I appreciate every single one of you. I always keep in mind that with every bad person you receive in life, there's always thirty other nice ones out there. That's you guys. I love you for it.

So, I'm done rambling. It was a pretty boring rant actually. I've put the trailer up at the side, just as a reminder :') I really do love the trailer, it's amazeballs. Just like you guys. Can't believe how popular this story is, really. 600K reads and 13K votes! WOW! Amazing. Can't wait to hear what you guys thought of this chapter and the story as a whole. I can't even believe some of you think this story is better than the actual Dark! That's just insane!!! Love you all, so much! Ciao for now! Xxx