Chapter 46.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

Harry literally stumbled through the door, landing face first on the floor after he had unlocked the door. It was a little difficult opening the door anyway seeing as his hands were full with shopping messages. The things he does for his family.

He grunted, rolling over and sitting up, massaging his elbows. He was about to get up when he heard something fall and clatter from the letter box. He took his credit card out his mouth and reached over for the small, white envelope and took it in his hands. It was light, not heavy. Whatever was in it must be fragile. It was address to him. Wait, was that-? Was that Zayn’s writing?

Frowning, Harry tested the envelope open and watched the necklace fall on to his lap. Lips parted, he held the chain through his fingers. "Noooo...." Harry croaked, staring at the necklace, contemplating what to do with it. Anne and Gemma came rushing through from the living room to see what had happened. "Harry?" Anne spoke quietly, clinging on to Gemma.

"Hey, isn't that Zayn’s?" Gemma chirped in and Harry nodded slowly. Anne gasped at the realisation. "Do you want me to have a word with him-?"

"No!" Harry shouted and Gemma shut up. That was the last thing he wanted. He didn't want Gemma getting Zayns hopes up. He wanted to be as far away from him as possible right now. "I'll...I'll get it back to him. Somehow." Harry finally decided, standing up and slipping his car keys and credit card back in his pockets.

"Harry..."

"I'm fine, really." Harry assured them both. He cleared his throat and headed back out again with the necklace, flipping up the collar of his leather jacket as it was cold outside, even for summer.

He drove his car to Zayn’s work, praying to God that he wasn’t on a shift today. He just didn’t understand. It’s only been two days. How can he be over him already? It made Harry mad. It couldn’t be right. He didn’t get it. He slammed down hard on the breaks as he parked his car and undid his seat belt, managing to earn a few uncertain stares from people who passed by – probably afraid of his anger. He burst through the door of the music store and he wasn’t surprised to see Ste at the front desk, reading a mag as the place was empty. Ste raised his eyebrows when he saw Harry.

“Well, you look like shit.” Ste remarked gleefully and Harry rolled his eyes, stroking his chin where a slight stubble was starting to appear. He hadn’t shaved in a while. Wasn’t important. “Can I help you?” Ste asked politely, shoving the magazine aside and perching his elbows on the desk. “Can you give this to Zayn, please?” Harry asked, equally polite, showing Ste the necklace. Ste took the necklace in his hands and examined it. “This is his, is it not?” Ste wondered aloud, frowning at the thought as he looked at Harry. “It is. He gave it back to me, but it’s his.” Harry explained, starting to feel impatient.

“Why would he-“

“Ste, if you had the courtesy to respect our relationship at all, you’d stop asking questions and hand over the damn necklace.” Harry spat with venom. Ste gulped and took the necklace away from Harry. Ste’s eyes drifted to the door which clinked open and he fell quiet. “Speaking of which…” Ste spoke quietly and Harry turned round to find Zayn standing in the door way. Dark circles were drawn under his eyes. He was pale. Well, paler than normal. His hair was untidy and he looked like he had just chucked anything on from his wardrobe, without a care in the world.

Zayn looked away as Harry made his way toward him and h stood right in front him. Zayn looked up bravely, biting his bottom lip and Harry’s insides went all fluttery at the side, resisting the urge to tell him off for it. “Growing your hair out?” Zayn asked shyly, running his fingers through Harry’s wavy locks. Harry flinched, moving away from his touch. “Something like that.” Harry murmured and Zayn frowned. “Don’t. It’s much nicer shorter.” Zayn complimented and Harry sighed. “What are you doing here anyway?” Zayn asked curiously but subtly.

It was Harry’s turn to blanche, thinking hard. “Buying a CD.” Zayn shrugged and Harry raised an eyebrow. “Really, what one?” Zayn challenged and Harry’s eyes caught a specific CD behind Zayn before answering. “Justin Bieber.” Harry answered quickly and Zayn laughed a little, Ste smirking behind them at the desk. “You hate Justin Bieber, Harry.” Zayn reminded him and Harry blushed, his cheeks turning a bright shade of pink. “It was for my sister.” Harry added and Zayn rolled his eyes. “Come off it, Harry. Gemma hates him too.” Zayn said, sounding tired with the conversation.

“Harry, why don’t you just give up and come home? I’m missing you.” Zayn pouted and Harry sighed, looking Zayn in the eye. “It’s not that simple.” Harry replied and Zayn scoffed. “It never is with you.” Zayn rolled his eyes, folding his arms across his chest.

“Good-bye…beautiful.” Harry whispered, pecking Zayn on the cheek lightly before brushing past him and heading out to the car. Zayn’s heart quickened, panicking. No. No, no, no, no, no. He couldn’t be gone. Not like that. Zayn gasped, his eyes drifting after Harry. “No, no-“ Zayn hurried out the store, only to be greeted by the wind and the smell of petrol as Harry zoomed off in his Audi R8. Huffing frustratingly, he walked back into the store and walked to Ste. “What did he want?” Zayn interrogated and Ste shrugged, handing over the necklace. “Just to give you this back.” Ste whispered, placing the necklace in his hands. Zayn blanched, his heart shattering into a million tiny pieces. With only one thought running through his mind.

Harry still loved him.

_____________________________

Thought I'd give you another update since you've all been amazeballs and totally supportive. Thank you so much guys! Loving these big red numbers I have on my profile every time I see Dark ;) Thank you!

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT