Chapter 10.

Zayn

Harry was sleeping soundly when I went into my bedroom the next day. Reluctantly, Harry had allowed me to take the sofa after a few rows and shouts. I couldn't help smiling at him as he slept. It was the most peaceful I ever seen him. Usually he looks agitated and annoyed or concerned. His large hand was cupped under his cheek, his mouth pressed in a thin line, pouting a little as his eyes were closed.

His other arm lay across his hip, over the bed sheets as his chest rose and fell peacefully. His bruised face had turned into a blue/yellow color and his lip was swollen but at least I had cleared the blood away, and on his stomach as well. It felt weird for me being the one to clean up his "battle wounds" as Ste likes to exaggerate- since Harry's normally the one cleaning up me. Not that I minded. It get good to have some sort of dominance over Harry, especially when he was drunk- which was something I wouldn't admit to him.

Sighing quietly, I headed into the kitchen and made a glass of water and got two tablets for Harry's headache, going back to the bedroom. I propped the tablets and drink on the wooden bedside table next to Harry, before glancing over at the clock which read 11.01 am and I lay myself next to Harry on the empty side of the bed, the bed dipping as I did so. The movement seemed to awake Harry, his heavy eyes fluttering open as he stared weakly at me, a frown on his face. "Morning." I smiled and he grunted, frowning a little.

Instead of replying, he pulled me close to him- again- his arm slung carefully around my waist. Carefully and curiously, I picked up his large hand and pressed his palm against mine, his fingers linking in my own. "Harry, can I ask you something?" I say quietly. "Mhmm." he mumbled back, his head resting on the pillow. "Who were the three girls in your photo on your night stand?" I blurted out. The question seemed to hit a nerve, his body tensed as he stared anxiously at me. I blushed, looking down at our entwined hands. "My mum, my sister Gemma....and my ex-girlfriend, Bo." he answered truthfully and I froze, glancing at Harry. He had a girlfriend? I thought he was gay? I decide to relax a little, taking a different turn. "Bo's pretty." I decide to answer he smiled lazily. "Yeah, she is." he agreed.

"Do you see them often?" I counter and he frowned. "Bo or my family?" he asked.

"Both." I replied. "I see Bo...only sometimes. Things didn't end so well with her. I don't see my family at all." he replied, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "What happened? With Bo?" I questioned and he looked up at me.

Harry's POV

I scanned Zayn's face, noticing that he genuinely looked interested in my past life. I sighed deeply and began to answer. "She said I was getting to dangerous. I got into fights constantly, over her. I was really protective and I'd never leave her side. But one day, I got into a really big fight with this guy- he said he'd take her away from me. I couldn't just stand there watch her leave. She got in amongst the fight, trying to stop me, and- I hurt her. Just like I hurt you...but worse. She couldn't take how dangerous I was, so she packed up her bags and left." I explained, the horrible images flashing before my eyes.

*Flashback*

"Harry, stop! You're going to kill him!" she cried, desperately trying to pull me away from the bleeding man. I pried my fingers away from hers, shoving her a little and she stumbled back. I punched Jake with my fist hard, right into his jaw and Bo whimpered behind me. "Harry, I've had enough of this!" Bo finally shrieked, pushing me with both her hands. My eyes drew dark at her words and I dropped Jake to the floor, turning to Bo. I pushed her against the wall, roughly and she whimpered, her eyes squeezing shut. "What did you say?" I asked darkly and her eyes began to water, only because I was holding her to tightly and I was hurting her. "Say it again!" I shouted at her and her hand came up and swiped me across the face, causing blood to ooze from my cheek. My jaw immediately clenched, hair swaying to the side as I massaged my cut cheek.

Instead of backing away, I only moved forward and she screamed loudly, fear in her eyes until I clambered my hand over her mouth, muffling the sounds. "Don't," a voice sounded behind me and I turned round to see Niall standing before me, looking serious. "Let her go Harry, you've already lost her." he told me and I scowled at him. How dare he? How dare he say that to me? He was supposed to be on my side! The feeling of Bo scratching at my arms caught my attention back to her. I was about to grab her again when Niall held me back, his arms linked in mine, pulling me away. I watched Bo grab her small purse, attempting to brush herself down as she stared at Niall and me, sobbing. "Go on, Bo. I've got him." Niall assured her and she quickly walked off as she cried, her heals clanking in the process. I was shaking when Liam came for me too, and he linked one arm in mine, Niall in the other and they both guided me away from Jake.

*End of flashback*

I watched Zayn's face as I told him everything, taking it all in. "Did you..kill Jake?" he gulped after he said it. I wanted to laugh at the choice of question. Out of all things he could possibly ask, it was that. "No, but I wanted too. I was too angry at him. Liam and Niall stopped me." I assured him with a sigh and he nodded, but then frowned in confusion. "Jake and Jai...that's too much of a coincidence." he admitted flatly and I nodded knowingly. "They're both brothers. After Jake found out I was gay, he didn't want anything to do with me. He only wanted Bo because I had her. But Jai...he's different. He only wants revenge because of what I did to his brother, he'll never forgive me." I explained and Zayn bit his lip. Normally I'd tell him off for doing such a thing but right now, I wasn't in the mood. Especially with a killer headache.

"When did you find out you were gay?" he asked curiously and I chuckled. "Shortly after Bo left. I decided I didn't want anything to do with girls after that, I didn't want to put them through it all. So I started hanging out late, drinking, and sleeping with men...until I found you. You remind me a lot of Bo, y'know." I added with a smirk and he seemed surprised by my statement. "Really?" he countered and I nodded. "You're cute...innocent...and of course, very stubborn." I joked and he rolled his eyes, shoving me playfully in the shoulder and I chuckled.

"What about your mum and sister? What's their story?" he asked curiously, gazing down at her hands. "Pretty much the same, really. I had a step-dad who used to hit my mum and Gemma. I got really protective and angry and tried to fight him, but...it was no use. He hit me too, once he found out I was gay and kicked me out. Never seen them since." I told him sadly and Zayn gave me a sympathetic look. "I guess I just...frighten everyone away." I shrugged miserably and Zayn frowned seriously, tilting my head up, using his finger on my chin. "You don't frighten people away. Okay?" he said fiercely and I chuckled, smiling down at him but my face suddenly became serious. "Do I scare you?"

"No." he didn't hesitate to answer. "I couldn't protect Bo...I can protect you." I said, moving closer to his face. I leaned to kiss neck, kissing the flesh softly when I pulled away, his eyes were squeezed shut but when he opened them, he was smiling and he leaned over so that I lay back on the pillows, his legs straddling mine as he hovered over me. "You don't have to," was all he said before bent down to kiss me softly on the lips.

________________

Well?? What do you think? I am so pleased I came up with this plot! I was thinking about it last week and how this story is based on Dark...so I might as well have Bo in it. Hope you never saw that plot twist coming! Let me know what you think! Your feedback and consideration has been amazing, thank you so much! Love you all! xxx

Dedicated to tickled_pink723 for mentioning the gif at the side in the Our Moment short film...thank you!