Chapter 12.

Zayn

I shuffled around the bed, trying to get into a comfortable position only to find it impossible with Harry's strong arms wrapped protectively around me. I groaned quietly, careful not to wake him up and I turned again, so that my face was buried into his chest, my hands pressed against him. "Zayn," Harry moaned impatiently, yawning. "Harry." I mocked back, and he groaned, pulling his arms away from me. I was finally freed from his grip, and I pulled out from the covers and headed to the bathroom, pulling my t-shirt off over my head as I did so.

"Y'know I could always shower with you, saving the water and all that..." Harry smirked seductively, standing in the door frame with his hands on either side. God, he looked sexy. I must admit. He was making it bloody difficult to refuse a shower with him. "Okay," I said excitedly and he chuckled, sliding inside and closing the door behind him. His hands immediately made his way down to my sweats, untying them with care and sliding them down until they reached my feet. I stepped out of them and he pushed me gently toward the shower, him coming in after me. I stared at him, stunned. I almost forgot he slept naked...stupid.

He pushed me against the tiled wall, his hands on my hips as he started kissing me. His hair became damp in minutes, the curls falling over his forehead, tickling my face. My hands snaked up this neck, curling around the back and pulling him impossibly close. I couldn't help giggling as I watched him reaching out under the shower head, grabbing the shower gel.

---

"You should call her, y'know. Your mum." I told him, looking up at him. We were currently back in the bed again, cuddling each other. I was rested on top of his chest, his right hand round my right shoulder, our hands entwined. His body tensed, his nostrils flaring as I looked up at him and his eyes narrowed. "You really should. They've want to hear from you-" he interrupted me by throwing my hand back on the bed, lifting me up and setting me aside before he stormed into the living room, slamming the door shut. Sighing, I pulled the sheets around me and brought the covers up to my chest, cocooning me in some way. I jumped with fright when I heard a bang, a clatter against the bedroom door.

Harry. In some level I knew he'd act like this, I should've expected it. I shyed away from the noise, burying myself further into the bed and when I realized he wasn't coming back, I went in to see him. I looked around at the shattered mess; a broken glass lay at the bottom of my feet while broken plates lay on the kitchen floor. I was pretty sure if that door wasn't closed, he'd hit me right in the face. I tiptoed over the shards, careful not to step on them and stood outside the door. Harry was pacing the length of the living room, his hands clasped behind his head.

His eyes were focused yet impassive, his breathing deep and heavy. "You need to see them. They'd want to hear from you." I assured him and his eyes snapped up to mine, his gaze hard. "You don't know that." he spat back. "And neither do you!" I retorted, getting furious with him. Why was he being so stubborn and secretive? I was trying to help him!

"You should call her...I think you should-"

He slammed me against the wall next to the door. I gasped with fright, my body tensing. His hands were on my hips, his fingertips digging into my skin as he pinned me against the wall. I was startled by his sharp gaze, the sudden movement. I never expected him to act so violent against me when I was the one trying to help him. His expression softened when my fingers traced down the side of his jaw, relaxing him. I smiled weakly. I didn't know I could do that to him. I simple touch was all it took to calm Harry.

I pulled him close to me, wrapping my arms around his neck and his chin rested on my shoulder. "Please try," I begged, in hope that he wouldn't go off on one again. His answer took me by surprise. "For you." he grumbled back and I smiled, kissing his neck. I broke away from him and went to pick up the broken shards of glass. "Where are you going?" he frowned as I pulled my hand out of his. "To clean up this." I shrugged, moving forward to the kitchen. "I'll do it, you stay here." he shook his head, curls bouncing across his forehead.

"No, I want to help-"

"No, it's fine I got it-"

"Step away from the-"

"Harry, I'm not BO!" I finally shrieked at the top off my lungs, causing him to wince. He stared at me, eyes wide and looking hurt. It's the most hurt I've ever seen him. But he needs to know I'm not a bloody child, I'm not the most fragile person on the planet. The shaking of my hands caused me to slice my finger, making me yelp. "What did I tell you," he spoke harshly, his expression immediately hard and impassive again. Blood seeped from the cut as he pulled me toward the sink, his fingers gripping tightly into my skin. I whimpered as he held it under the water and he pulled the tiny fragments out of the flesh, carefully and slowly.

"I know you're not Bo..." Harry spoke quietly after a couple of minutes silence. "Because she didn't have this," he continued, taking his St Christopher necklace off his neck and placing it on me. I frowned, looking down at it but he titled my chin up with his index finger, looking straight into my eyes. "My sister gave that to me. This is how much you mean to me." he explained firmly before kissing me lightly and walking off without saying another word.

________________

Hey guys! Here's the next chapter- sorry it took so long! 77 votes in the previous chapter of Dark- that's insane! Incredible. Loving the feedback, too. Dedicated to Djensy for going through all the trouble for the picture- thank you! Much love. xxx