Chapter 29.

Harry.

I smiled down at Zayn, about to pick him up but I knew at once something was wrong his body tensed, refusing my touch. I pulled away, frowning at him with confusion. He was whimpering a little, obviously in pain but he didn't dare look at me.

"Zayn?" I said quietly, still frowning. He looked really shaken. Just as bad as he had been when his dad- when his dad hit him. And when I attempted to touch his arm he pulled away from me, as if afraid. "Harry?" Someone called. I looked up to see the referee walking over. "M'fraid you need to get off the ring now, for the next fight." He said apologetically. I nodded and he stroked off, jumping off the ring. "Z, we need to go now." I spoke softly. With his eyes still closed, he spoke again.

"Where's Niall?" He asked, his body shivering slightly. Biting my lip, I looked around and spotted Niall at the entrance in a deep discussion with Liam. He looked up when he realized I someone was looking at him and a frown appeared on his face before he turned back to Liam. Great. Now Niall hates me too. "Here's here." I told him and he sighed with relief. "Can you get him to take me home, please?" He almost sounded desperate and my heart twinged a little. "But I-"

"Please, Harry." He croaked, whining a little. I sighed and lifted myself up off the ground. I jumped off the ring and Niall looked up when I walked toward him. "Zayn wants you to take him home. "I said to him and his eyes widened in surprise. "Why not yourself?" He asked, sounding angry- at me. "I don't think he wants me at the moment." I admitted, rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet. Niall scoffed in reply. "I'm not surprised." He mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear and hurried off to fetch Zayn. Liam gave me a sympathetic look before hurrying after Niall.

I decided to go to Zayn's flat after that, even though I knew I wasn't wanted. Niall had literally just dropped of Zayn when I got there and he stood in the doorway, eyes wide. I stared back at him. He scoffed a little, shaking his head in disbelief before brushing past me without muttering a single word. I really had to make it up to him, didn't I? I never listened to him.

When I walked in, I shut the door behind me and walked through Zayn's flat, realizing he was already sleeping in bed. His body was shaking, incredibly so, with his arms wrapped around his small frame. Frowning, I strolled over to his bed and lay down next to him. His eyes were closed, covered by thick long lashes but his uncontrollable and labored breathing told me he wasn't even close to falling asleep yet. Blue and red bruises plastered the side of his face and his bottom lip was swollen. Signing, I edged closer to him and took his arm, snuggling next to him. He froze at my touch, squeezing his eyes tight further.

"Zayn?" I voiced but he appeared not to hear me. My face was inches away from his and I could feel his ragged breath against mine. "I took a blow for you, Harry." He finally breathed and I winced at his words. "And now, Jai wants to kill me. Because of you." He whimpered a little, burying his face in the pillow. My eyes drifted around his battered face and hesitantly, I pressed my lips against his but he didn't reply. He didn't even let me in, he was bloody resistant. I whimpered desperately, trying to get close to him but he moved away from me.

"Tell me what happened that night." Zayn demanded suddenly and I opened my eyes, frowning at him only to realize he was staring back at me. "What happened when?" I asked curiously and he sighed. "How Niall got hurt in the first place. Tell me." He said, almost desperately. "It's not my story to tell-"

"No, but you fought for Niall. Something obviously big must've happened if you wanted to fight for him. Fighting is never the answer." He spoke each word with care, his eyes squeezing shut again. "Yeah, and I never had the chance to fight him up until now." I argued back and he peeled his eyes open. "You mean, you've never had a chance to kill yourself up until now?" Zayn retorted back and I sighed deeply, feeling impatient.

"What happened back then? Really." He added more sternly and I hesitated before answering. "It all happened back when I seeing Bo..." I began.

I had Bo pinned up against the wall, her fingers clenched around my t-shirt. She was giggling, our foreheads pressed against each other. I was about to kiss her when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned round to see Jake standing in front of me. "You little prick!" He shouted and ready to pounce at me. I stood a protective stance in front of Bo and he aimed a punch at my jaw. I groaned and no squealed, taking a few steps back from me. "Bo, run." I demanded but she still attempted to hold on to me. Damn it.

"Bo!" I shouted impatiently and she jumped, running off on her bare feet, her heels in her hands. I rugby tackled Jake to the ground, grunting a little as I did so when I heard more voices in the distance. "Harry! Get off him." It was Liam and Niall, telling me stop. But I didn't. I didn't care how many blows I took for Bo, I didn't care how many fights I lost. It was all for Bo. She was the only thing I cared about. I shoved him violently against the ground, aiming a kick in his stomach when Liam pulled me away, wrapping his arms around my own and pulling me back. "No, Liam! Don't!" I shouted at him as I attempted to move forward again but he didn't listen.

I still at that point, and so did Niall. My body froze and my heart started hammering against my chest. My palms were sweaty and still, Liam clung on to me but he was breathing deeply. Jake pulled the knife out sharply and Niall spluttered in pain, his knees giving way. Liam's voice echoed in the background and he charged toward Niall who lay crumpled on the ground while Jake ran off in the dark.

I should have ran after him, I should have taken revenge when I had the chance but I was to frozen, watching Niall whimper and cry. He's my best friend. "Harry. Harry, call an ambulance." Liam sniffed as he bent down to Niall. "HARRY!" Liam shouted but his voice was different. Nialls eyes drifted upward to Liam, pleading. Crying a little, Liam shrugged off his jacket while Niall cupped his hands over his lower abdomen. He placed his black leather jacket over the cut, his hands now covered with Nialls blood. "Liam." Niall managed to choke out but Liam soothed him. Liam's eyes finally snapped up to mine, looking furious. "It's because of you, my best friend's dying!"

Zayn watched me as I told him everything, his expression changing every now and then. "Why didn't you tell me?" Zayn sighed, looking hurt. "Because it wasn't my story-"

"To tell, I get it. But do you think Niall would've told me?" He interrupted me and I shook my head. "Niall's not that kind of guy, he doesn't like getting attention." I explained and Zayn nodded, looking hurt. "I'm still mad at you though." He added stubbornly and I chucked weakly.

"I know. I'd be mad at me, too." I smiled and he rolled his eyes at me.

"And Jai's still out there."

"I know." I sighed, wondering what else he had planned for me and Zayn.

__________

Hey guys! Sorry it's a bit late! Been trying to finish my other stories so I can finish this one! Can't wait to hear the detailed comments though ;) enjoy! Xxx