Chapter 39.

PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO UPATE

Harry.

I could feel Zayn snuggling close to me, trying to get warm under the bundle of bed sheets. I couldn't help smirking a little as his hands made their way across my body, searching for my own but I kept them tucked in against my chest until he found them.

"Gottcha!" he exclaimed, prying my fingers away each other and lacing my fingers through his own. I chuckled, maneuvering my body so that I was now under him- his legs straddling my hips. He showered me with light feathery kisses on my face, before reaching my jaw.

He looked down at me again, smiling at me as he let go of my hands and traced a finger all over my inked tattoos over my chest and shoulders and I gladly let him, enjoying the goose bump feeling Zayns finger left in its wake.

Our eyes met briefly for a second, earning a blush on his cheeks and a shy smile and my face lit up at the sight, that I had that effect on him just as much as he had that effect on me.

I flipped Zayn over and he grunted and I smiled, lazily kissing his lips. "Harry, how many men or woman were you with after Bo?" Zayn blurted out and I froze. I knew it had been a question that had been pondering Zayns mind for a while, he just chose today to ask it.

"I don't know." I lied and he huffed. "What did you promise me, Harry? No more lies." Zayn reminded me as he grabbed at my wrists and held them above my head. I frowned. He was using my moves against me...typical Zayn.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Don't answer my questions with questions."

I huffed a little, narrowing my eyes at Zayn and giving him an intense look. "After Bo...it was only two guys. But they didn't mean anything to me. I was drunk most of the time and I used them to get over Bo, until I met you." I explained and he frowned at me, looking troubled.

"What?"

"Its just...you're so experienced and I'm...not." he stated sheepishly and my eyes widened, dropped my hands on his chest. "You mean, you were a virgin when we first did it?" I asked him and he blushed, looking down.

I groaned softly and he closed his eyes. "Zayn! Why didn't you tell me?! Then I wouldn't have hurt you're way I did!" I exclaimed loudly, clenching my hand into a first and slamming it against the headboard, making him jump underneath me. Staying silent, he freed himself from my tight grasp and walked away into the bathroom, grabbing a fresh pair of briefs as he did so.

Heaving a deep sigh, I climbed out of the bed and followed after him. I watched as he draped a clean towel over the radiator and turned on the shower, completely ignoring my existence. "Zayn...I'm sorry." I apologized, nearing closer to him and wrapping my arms around him to stop him from moving.

"I don't care that you hurt me that night, Harry. That night was by far the best night of my life. Because I spent it with you, and...it brought us closer than we already were. I got to see the true side of you. The real you. You're the kind of guy people portrait you to be, Harry. You're kind, loyal...protective. You always put other people first and you'd do anything to protect your loved ones. Literally, anything. You're the most selfless person I've ever met." Zayn complimented and I smiled sheepishly, gazing into his eyes.

"Coming from the guy who thought I was the biggest dick on the planet when we first met." I reminded him with a grin and he chuckled. "Yeah, well, back then I was deluded. You had me wrapped around your little finger in no time." he smiled, entwining our hands together by our sides.

"You still haven't told me how you met Ste yet. I've always wanted to know how you met the most obnoxious idiot ever." I joked and Zayn rolled his eyes, pushing me away gently before he answered.

"Well, it all started just after I left my mum and dads house. I had no money, no job, no family. I literally had nowhere to go. It just after my dad and I got into a really big fight and he abused me, so I told him I never wanted to see him again and I packed my bags and left. I came across this music store and Ste just happened to be the manager. I went in, asking or some first aid and Ste tended to me. He didn't ask any questions, although I think what happened was pretty clear to him."

"He took me in, offered me a job since he was just opening the store and told me he was selling his flat and that I could rent it out with the money I earned from the store. I was just lucky, I guess." Zayn shrugged and I sighed deeply, keeping a firm hold on him.

"You never told me...you you slept with. Who helped you get over Bo." Zayn reminded me and my body froze, pulling away from him at the memory. "Harry?" he instantly called and I let out a shaky breath. "You don't need to know, it's not important." I told him, rushed, but he wasn't having any of it.

"It's important to me. Who took your virginity after Bo? What guy was it?" he pressed, moving closer to me and I could feel my muscles flexing with anger and worry.

"Do I know them?"

I said nothing, but the confirmation was all he needed. "So it is someone I know. C'mon then, who was it?"

I growled softly, prying my fingers away from his. "Niall."

He froze, taking a few steps back as he did so. His breathing was coming out hard and quick and I took this chance to open my eyes and look at him. He was horrified, looking at me as if I was entirely a different person. "Zayn..."

"YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND?!" he yelled, his furious tone startling me. "Z, it was a drunken mistake! You gotta understand!" I exclaimed and he let out a cold laugh. "I understand enough!" he argued back and walked past me, slamming his shoulder into mine as he did so.

I watched as he hurriedly got dressed, desperate to get away from me. "Where are you going?" I called as he grabbed his hacker and headed out.

"Away from you!" he yelled back and slammed the door shut.

_____________

Hi guys. I thought Dark deserved an upload. Sorry for not uploading, I really have no interest in this story at all anymore. I've been getting a lot of complaints recently that Zayn is to "female and wimpy" and I'd just like to correct you. I have made Zayn's character in this story flamboyant, so that it gives Harry an excuse to protect him, not to feminine. Also, if you had been beaten by your parents all your life, wouldn't you be somewhat "wimpy" if you were dealing with someone like Harry? I have tried to develop Zayns character throughout the story so that he wasn't AS as flamboyant and more boyish but obviously I have failed. Also, if Zayn was a more feminine character, he wouldn't have taken all those blows for Harry, wouldn't have stuck up for him like he did, and he certainly wouldn't have the balls to defend Harry the way he does. Hope I cleared things up. Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Don't know when I'll be uploading next so please don't expect one anyway time but all the same, enjoy and can't wait to hear what you have to say about this chapter :) xx

Ps this chapter isn't edited. Sorry for any mistakes. X