Chapter 44.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

When Zayn next woke up, he was lying in a bed. Well, Harry's bed to be exact. He wasn't really sure what happened last night. He was drunk. Incredibly so.

When he sat up, Harry was nowhere to be seen. He frowned, his fingertips digging into the cool mattress. He was only in a pair of black boxers, probably Harry's. Damn, Harry must've stripped him last night. He didn't even remember getting that drunk last night. It was all just just a blur.

His eyes drifted around the room until they finally fell on Harry. He was sitting at the window seat, knees up and arms on his knees. Harry was watching him. In the most intense way possible. His eyes dark and impassive. Zayn gulped as the memories came flooding back. He remembered Bo being there. Shit. Nothing happened with her, did it? He hoped not.

And then Liam and Niall...and Gemma...oh. That's when it him. Harry looked away when he realised Zayn had figured it out, the memories flooding back. Harry was still dressed in his clothes from last night. Had he slept at all? Judging by the bags under his eyes, he guessed not.

"Harry," Zayn whispered and tossed the covers aside and strolled over to Harry. He snuggling in next to him and Harry draped his arms around him. Zayn was a bit cold, especially only in boxers.

Zayn sighed, his fingers entwined with Harry's long ones. "How's the hangover?" Harry questioned. There was a slight tone of teasing in his voice. "I don't even remember drinking that much." Zayn admitted and he could sense a smile in Harry's voice as he spoke. "You didn't. Niall was worse." Harry assured him and Zayn relaxed a little bit. "Oh."

Zayn got up and wandered into the living room, where he found a duffel bag sitting on the sofa. He frowned, moving toward it and he gasped when he pulled out a bundle of clothing. Harry's clothes. Zayn looked up, finding Harry standing in the doorway, looking blank and impassive. This couldn't be good.

"Going somewhere?" Zayn snapped, glaring at Harry. Harry's eyes glazed over Zayn, his expression completely unreadable. "I have to leave." Harry announced and Zayn did a double take. "Right. I'll come with you, then." Zayn decided, heading into the bedroom to pack but Harry stopped him, grabbing at his arm. "I need to do this alone." Harry told him and Zayn sighed.

"Where will you be going?" Zayn frowned and Harry paused for a second. "Somewhere." Harry answered bluntly and Zayn scoffed, snatching his arm away and heading back into the living room. "Harry, there's no other place I'd rather be than with you. Y'know that, right?" Zayn raised his eyebrows and Harry smiled a little at the thought. "I know, but...I'm doing this for you, okay? This is for your own good." Harry assured him and Zayn clicked his tongue.

"I don't buy it. This about your dad, isn't it?" Zayn guessed but Harry never answered. Zayn whimpered a little and walked away from Harry while Harry took his clothes and put them back in the bag again.

"Harry, please just stay. There's no need for you to leave, really. I'll be fine. Or I'll come with you. I don't mind. I'll go anywhere with you." Zayns persuasion was rushed as he walked back over to Harry. Zayn kissed him, their lips meeting and their tongues roaming each other's mouth. Harry moaned, pulling himself closer to Zayn as he held his face to his.

Zayn was disappointed when Harry pulled away. Who kisses someone like that when they've just announced that they're leaving? "Please, stay." Zayn pleaded but his attempt was weak. Zayn kissed up and down Harry's jaw, in attempt to bribe him. He nuzzled his face in the crook of Harry's neck, pressing his body against his. Harry just stood emotionlessly on the spot, impassive. "I don't love you anymore." The words were so audible and incoherent, that Zayn had to strain his ears. But he had heard.

Zayn looked up at Harry, eyes wide. "Harry, you can't expect me to believe that, do you? I won't." Zayns voice was fierce with a hint of doubt. "Harry..."

"That's why I have to leave, okay? I just don't." Harry stated and anger was boiling inside Zayn. "I don't believe this. After everything we've been through, that's all you've got?" Zayn said exasperatingly. Harry sighed, reaching past Zayn to grab the duffle bag. "I need to do something. I want you gone by the time I come back, okay?" Harry asked. Zayn said nothing and when Harry went to kiss Zayn on the cheek, he pulled away.

Harry sighed and brushed past Zayn, heading out the door and leaving Zayn alone. Zayn slumped himself down on the sofa, highly confused. How could Harry not love him anymore, after everything they've been through? It doesn't make any sense.

Zayn grabbed his belongings and rushed out the door, wiping his tears from his face. He stumbled down the stairs and went back to his home, alone. It was strange. Being in his home alone. The last time he was alone in his house, was when his parents came back. Harry had been here ever since. He just didn’t understand. Why leave all of sudden? Just when he thought he had his happy ending, Harry went to ruin it. Again.

He didn’t want to be alone. Not again. He didn’t want the nightmares to start. Of Jai. Harry was the only one to make them disappear. Gulping, he grabbed a duffle bag just like Harry had and locked his door before heading out and drove to Louis’ flat. Him and Louis may not have spent as much time together as they had the other lads, but Louis was the one that got rid of Jai and Jay and Bo for them. He deserved a thank you, at least. Zayn sighed and knocked on Louis’ door. It interrupted whatever shouting was going on before. Louis himself answered, looking flustered and frustrated. “Zayn!” Louis beamed, looking slightly relieved.

“Uh…is this a bad time?” Zayn asked hesitantly, looking behind Louis and finding a furious Eleanor standing in the hall way, arms folded. “No! No, it’s a great time. Come in, come in.” Louis rushed, ushering Zayn into the threshold before Eleanor could protest. “Something up?” Louis pressed, picking up broken shards of glass from the bottom of the table. Zayn frowned for a second before answering. “Uh, I was just wondering if I could stay with you for a couple of days? But I see you guys have already got a lot going on. In fact, I should probably leave-“

“Nonsense! The more the merrier, isn’t that right, El?” Louis said cheerfully, interrupting Zayn completely and Eleanor scowled at Louis. “Is that what you told your precious drug dealers when you put drugs in their flat?” Eleanor retorted and stormed out the room, slamming the bedroom door shut behind her, followed by an awkward silence. “Is everything all right? If you don’t mind me asking.” Zayn added shyly and Louis smiled. “Not really, no. We’ve been fighting ever since she found out about what I did with the drugs. She wasn’t too happy with the stunt I pulled.” Louis shrugged with a sigh and Zayn immediately felt guilty. Louis loved Eleanor. Well, he thought he did. Now he wasn’t so sure.

“She’s gonna move out in a couple of days. It weren’t meant to be.” Louis explained quietly and Zayn pitied Louis. “I’m sorry, mate. I didn’t realise-“

“No, it’s okay. Honestly. I’d rather end this business with you and Jai. Was starting to get annoyed with you and Harry fighting all the time, to be perfectly honest.” Louis admitted and Zayn couldn’t help but laugh. He didn’t know how loyal Louis was until now. He chose his friends over El. Guess he really was over her. “Can I ask you something too?” Louis asked and Zayn nodded. “Why me, of all people, and not Liam and Niall?” he questioned and Zayn couldn’t help smirking. “Liam and Niall are a bit loved up at the moment. I don’t wanna spoil their fun.” Zayn explained. “Ah.” Louis said knowingly, nodding in agreement. “So it’s just us then. Two peas in a pod.” Louis beamed, throwing the shattered glass in the bin. Zayn liked Louis for a lot of reasons. He didn’t ask any questions. He didn’t ask about Harry, he didn’t press like Ste would. He knew how touchy he was about their relationship after all. Louis was a good friend.

______________________________

According to niallprincess2013 Dark Zarry is a "knock off" to the original dark and I should've asked Hannah for "permission" to write it even though I can write what I please and she only read up to the third chapter before judging me and Hannah are friends but here you go - look at the side :) Let me know what you think guys!

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!