2

-April's POV-

"Hi, Joy. Come inside!" Mum spoke loudly.

I snuck out of my bedroom and peered over the bannister so that I could potentially catch a glimpse of my best friend, Calum. He usually came over without his mum but every time that she would announce that she was coming over Calum would always volunteer to tag along with her.

"Hello Calum, wow you've grown so much!" Mum spoke a little bit quieter.

"Ugh Calum is here?!" My brother, Cameron spat.

I rolled my eyes and descended the stairs and ran up to the brown eyed boy and gave him a small, awkward hug which he returned almost immediately.

*
"Almost six years April" Calum chuckled as we stared up at the constellations illuminating the dark sky.

"Six years?" I asked, confused.

"Six years since we officially decided to become best friends" he chuckled.

"Really? How can you remember that from six years ago? I can't even remember what I had for lunch today!" I asked.

"I guess I just have a great memory.. I'm pretty smart for a ten year old"

"Remembering something doesn't make you smart, silly"

Calum's plump lips stuck out and his small arms folded over his chest.

I saw the corners of his lips arch as I began to laugh at his childish behaviour.

-------------------

This was such an awful chapter..
I don't have many ideas on how to start the book but I have a some more good ideas for later in this book.
I'll try to update as much as I can since I have a lot of exams coming up in the next few months but I won't completely abandon this book, I'll just update when I have time.
Thanks, love you guys x