27

-April's POV-

"hey!" I spun on my heel and stared at Calum who was standing beside another boy.

"This.." He pointed to the tall blonde. "Is Luke" he had piercing blue eyes with a black lip ring. I looked up at him since he was probably a foot taller than me.

"Hi, I'm April" I shook his pale hand and offered a warm smile.

"The April?" Luke asked the silent brown haired boy.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and leant against my locker and folded my arms across my chest. Calum awkwardly coughed before nodding.

"What-" he cut me off by shouting something down the hallway.

Curiously, I turned my head and tried to see what he was looking at. But since I was only 5'4 it was hard to see over everyone's heads, I didn't get very lucky with the tall gene.

Luke took my hand after the bell rang, he rushed down the hallways with me rushing behind. I almost fell down a few times due to how fast he was moving.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I panted.

"We don't want to be late for your first class" he chuckled and pushed me through the doorway.

The teacher greeted us and I noticed that Cameron was already in here. I sat down at one of the desks which were at the back of the classroom.

I got a few stares as people entered the classroom. One boy in particular was staring longer than anyone else. His legs bumped into someone's desk and he suddenly snapped back into reality for a few seconds before meeting his gaze with my own.

I laughed quietly and watched his lips form a smile as he scratched the back of his neck and approached me. He sat down on the desk beside mine.

"Hey, I'm Ben" I smiled.

"I'm April"

"American?" He smirked.

"No. Well, I mean I guess. I used to live here and moved away 8 years ago then came back a few weeks ago." I shrugged.

He nodded and laughed at my story.

"I really like your accent, maybe we can sit together at lunch?" He asked.

I nodded and twirled my purple locks around my finger.