40

-April's POV-

*2 days later*

Two loud knocks echoed around my silent bedroom, snapping me out of my daydream. I refused to open the curtains to allow the sunlight to enter the dark room because for me, light resembled hope.. And right now- I didn't have any.

"April? Sweetie- are you awake?" mum's voice entered my ears.

I chose to ignore it and pulled my bed sheets over my head. The door opened and the sound of footsteps was evident. The sheets were lifted slightly and a body found its way inside them.

I opened my green, probably bloodshot eyes and stared at the body who wasn't who I expected. Someone who felt exactly how I did, someone who was broken and needed someone to comfort them.

"Cal" I whispered hoarsely.

"Hey" he rasped.

His long arms wrapped around me and pulled me close to him so that I could wrap my arms around him. He sniffled and it indicated to me that he was crying.

"Don't cry, its their loss" I forced a smile to try to reassure my best friend.

"April, I live next door to her.. Its so horrible walking past there everyday knowing that she broke my heart. It makes it so hard to forget and I'm terrified- terrified that I'm never going to get over her, and I'm never going to find someone else" he mumbled sadly.

"Of course you're going to find someone else, there's over 7 million people in this world! There will be someone who's perfect for you" I replied.

Calum stared at me for a few moments, ran his thumb along my cheek and placed a kiss to my forehead. His smile returned to his face and small dimples indented his cheeks.

"What?" I asked.

"N-Nothing" he stuttered out.

I nodded and laughed it off. He was probably just realising that I was right.. There is no way that he would have been thinking what I wanted him to think. - at least that's what I thought.