16

-Calum's POV-

Mali was the first one out of the four of us who was ready. Mum and dad were using the bathroom and getting dressed whilst I was deciding whether I should quiff my hair or not.

I heard the doorbell chime and the rush of footsteps along the hardwood floor. Quickly, I put on some cologne and headed downstairs after giving myself the mental pep talk.

I stood awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs as my parents greeted the other family. Once my dad had moved out of the way I caught a glimpse of the girl from next door.

She had long brown hair, deep brown eyes and full lips. She was very petite but nevertheless she was beautiful. I desperately wanted to get to know her.

"Hi, I'm Mali. You must be Jayden?" I heard my sister greet.

I turned my head and saw the girls brother, who must be Jayden.

"Nice to meet you Mali" he smiled and kissed the back of her hand.

The girl was approaching me and I felt my heart beginning to race. I felt very hot and I knew that my cheeks were burning pink with embarrassment.

"I'm Ariana" she introduced herself.

"Calum" I smiled and awkwardly shook her hand.

My hands better not have been sweaty.

"So, when did you move here?" I asked.

"A few days ago" Ariana muttered.

"Ah, do you like it here?"

"I didn't. Until now" she smirked.

I raised one of my eyebrows and allowed a smirk to tug on my lips. She laughed at my facial expression and patted my shoulder before heading over to meet my sister properly.

"Does your sister have a boyfriend?" Jayden asked quietly.

"Um- No. Don't you think you're moving a little too fast. You only just met her" I laughed.

"I know, I know, I guess I'll wait a bit." he sighed.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the dining room and took a seat beside my dad who was talking to Ariana's dad.