51

-April's POV-

(Photo attached is her reaction to Calum's part)

*6 months later*

Calum had been home for a day now and he hadn't made any effort to contact me or to even see me in person which I would have preferred. My mum had clearly noticed how much I had missed Calum over the past 9 months whilst he's been away and she called it withdrawal symptoms.

Each time I just laughed it off and walked away from her so I wouldn't have to hear any more teasing that came from her. Liv and Cameron understood the way I felt so they didn't feel the need to tease me but if my mum had found out that I liked Calum as more than a friend I'd never hear the end of it.

"Do you want to see Cal? Or even Mali?" Oscar asked as he stumbled into my bedroom.

"Mali is in London" I snorted and sat up on my bed.

"Fine, Calum then?" He asked.

"Nah, he's probably enjoying being with his family at the moment. I don't want to ruin that" I responded and ran my fingers through the blonde heap of hair that was attached to my head.

"Enough April. You need to see him, I hate seeing you cry because of how much you miss him. Why do you want to avoid spending time with him?" He asked as he sat down beside me.

"He would have asked me to come over, he's probably busy. I'll go and see him later" I muttered.

"fine" he sighed and walked out of my room to probably hang out with Cameron or Liv.

*a few hours later*

I suddenly got a sensation of Deja vous as I approached Calum's front door. I knocked twice and stepped back and waited for someone to open the door and to hopefully invite me inside.

"April! it's so nice to see you" Calum cheered and hugged me.

"You too. Are you busy? I can come bac-" He shook his head and dragged me inside.

"I want to re-introduce you to someone" He chuckled.

My eyes got wide suddenly as I felt like I knew who it was going to be.

"This is Ariana, my girl friend" He smiled awkwardly and held her hand before planting a kiss to the back of it.

I placed my hand on my hip and gave Calum an 'are you serious?' look.

"Wow. Wow! That's so great, Guys I'm so happy for you" I replied after an awkward silence, my voice was filled with sarcasm.

"Thanks, I realised that I'm in love with her still and I was a fool for letting her go" Calum replied and kissed her cheek.

I raised one of my eyebrows and grabbed Calum's wrist in my hand. He followed me into the kitchen and he had confusion written all over his face.

"Letting her go?! She cheated on you, you dickhead. She hurt both of us and you still fucking love her? I'm not going to suddenly realise my feelings for Ben and beg him to take me back! He hurt me, and he hurt you. I'd never let anyone do that twice, it was hard enough the first time. I can't believe you took her back" I yelled.

Calum shook his head and let a bitter laugh escape his swollen lips and it was obvious that they had been kissing previously.

"You know what you are?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and narrowed my eyes, almost challenging him to answer his own question.

"You're jealous" He laughed.

"No I'm not! I'm far from jealous Calum. I'm smarter than you obviously because I'm not going to allow myself to get hurt again, and I'm not going to get back together with someone who cheated on me!"

"So you're calling me dumb?"

"No, not dumb. Stupid. " I corrected him and smirked.

He leant against the counter and folded his arms. I noticed how his biceps were slightly tensed and it was obvious to me that he had been working out whilst he was away because they were much more defined and toned than before.

"She makes me happy" he muttered.

"Calum, she broke your heart. Can't you see that I'm trying to protect you from being hurt?" I asked in a calm voice and stepped closer to him.

"You're trying to stop me from being happy" Calum retorted.

"No, I am not. I'm being a good best friend and trying to stop you from getting your heart broken again by the same girl" I cried.

"She won't break my heart"

"Fine. Whatever, as soon as she does- and she will. Don't come running back to me because I'm done with you. I'd never want you to be unhappy, I care about you so much and I know that there is someone so much better than her for you."

"Who? You?" He challenged.

"What? I don't know. It's your decision but I know that Ariana is not the one for you" I replied.

"I think that she is." He spat and narrowed his eyes at me.

I shook my head and looked down at the ground to avoid his cold stare.

"Fine, good luck with her. Goodbye Calum" I groaned and stormed out of the kitchen.

"Some best friend you are" He spat.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at him whilst my mouth hung open and tears filled my eyes. I slammed his front door and began to run.