25

(Photo is her reaction again)

-April's POV-

*one month later*

We had been back in Sydney for two weeks now and luckily school wasn't starting for another six. The weather was hotter than I remembered.

I hadn't been to Calum's house because I was too scared to physically face him after all of this time being away from him. Its really messed up our friendship.. If we still had one.

"I'm going to visit Joy, you can come along if you want too unless you're scared" My mum smirked and literally read my mind.

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around myself as I had just gotten a sudden cold flush. Cameron grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house and pushed me into my mum's car.

*

Mum and Cameron left me in the car since I was too scared too face him after almost 8 years of being apart. Its scary thinking about how fast time is going. It feels like just yesterday we were star gazing in his backyard.

I gave myself a pep talk in the car and eventually built up enough courage to see him. I didn't look my best, my hair wasn't very healthy due to all of the dye but I didn't care. He wouldn't care.

I knocked on the door and took three steps back and intertwined my fingers behind my back. I looked down at my feet for a few seconds and looked up instantly when I heard the door handle moving.

"Hello? Can I help you?" A deep voice asked.

My eyes widened at my best friend. Puberty hit him hard. My mouth hung open and I was completely at a loss for words. He raised his eyebrows and was about to close the door when I stopped him.

Does he seriously not recognise me?

"Cal" I smiled.

"Purple haired chick?" He laughed.

"Its me, April"

He chuckled before looking at me and then taking a double take. He stepped closer to me and looked at me again. He shook his head before stepping back again.

"This is all some twisted dream" he began to pinch his arms and looked confused when he wasn't 'waking up'.

"I'm back Cal" I smiled.

He rushed into my open arms and swung me around in fast circles. I laughed and buried my head into his neck as I clung to his body like wet clothing.

"Cal? Who's this?" A high pitched voice asked.

At first, I thought that it was Mali using a fake voice but it was that girl that posted the photos with Calum. The girl who had replaced me in Calum's heart. His girlfriend.

He dropped me to my feet and I stumbled slightly before regaining my balance. He rushed over to her and kissed her lips before introducing me.

I watched as her eyes narrowed and she gave me a fake smile. I furrowed my eyebrows and let a small pout play on my lips. I looked down as I heard her whispering things about me into Cal's ear.