5

-Calum's POV-

*one year later *

"Mike, what do I do?" I asked quietly as I stared at the blonde girl from afar.

"Tell her, she's going to find out sooner or later" he chuckled.

I shook my head and rubbed my temples slowly. As soon as I tell her our friendship will completely disintegrate. We had already began to drift apart since she had started dating Caleb. I couldn't tell her that I had feelings for her when she's happy with someone else.

I couldn't ruin that for her.

"Either you tell her, or I will" he snorted.

"Fine, I'll tell her later" I lied.

He nodded sarcastically and laughed. Suddenly, his eyes narrowed and he let a low growl escape his chapped lips. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head in the direction that he was looking in.

"What?" I asked.

"Luke Hemmings" he growled and tugged on his hair.

"I fucking hate him so much" he spat.

"Yeah, I know that you do. I just don't know why? He seems like a nice guy" I shrugged.

"Yeah.. Seems" he rolled his eyes and turned to me.

Luke walked towards us and I was going to greet him kindly when I felt a tight grip on my forearm and I was suddenly dragged away from the kind looking boy.

I looked back and Luke looked upset. He stared at the ground and slowly walked away from the spot he stood in.

As I was turning my head back I caught April's look of disbelief as she shook her head and her mouth was hung open in shock.

I was a disappointment to my own best friend.

-----------

I'm trying to slow the book down slightly but there will be jumps in time in a few chapters.

Love you x