47

-April's POV-

From: Cal x

I've landed. I'm safe c; btw, check your little chest of drawers on your desk. xxxx

To: Cal x

Good, FaceTime me later? and okay?? xxx

I placed my phone down onto the desk and opened the first drawer, which contained my locket that Calum had bought me a couple of years ago for my birthday. I smiled and opened the second drawer, seeing one of his old guitar picks attached to a silver chain. The third drawer held a note which I hadn't seen before.

'April! You must be reading this because I told you to check the drawers right? Anyway, before you open the fourth drawer call me on FaceTime. I want to see your reaction, don't you dare open that drawer without calling me first. '

The buzzing sound echoed throughout my room as I sat patiently by my desk waiting for Calum to answer the call. His adorable face popped up on the screen and I watched him move into another room before opening his mouth to talk.

"I'm glad you can follow instructions" He smirked.

"Shut up, How did you know I wouldn't open the fourth drawer first?" I asked

"I know you April, you have to go in order or it bugs you" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and tugged on the handle of the fourth drawer, allowing it to fall open and to reveal its contents. Another piece of paper caught my eye, as I took it out I realised that it was an envelope.

I furrowed my eyebrows and opened it. As I pulled out the note, something else fell out.

"Tickets?" I gasped.

"Yep, I got you plane tickets so you can come and spend time with me" he winked.

".. Say something then"

"Oh my god Cal, you're the best!" I exclaimed and covered my face with my hands as salty tears cascaded down my cheeks.

"Noo, don't cry" he chuckled.

I snorted and wiped my eyes with my sleeves. I caught a glimpse of myself in the camera on the FaceTime application and I noticed that I had tearstains following the same pattern that my tears had been flowing in.