22

(A/N the photo attached is April's reaction to the news she gets told in this chapter but its in Josh's POV so its supposed to be like seeing what he sees, okay cool)

-Josh's POV-

*One month later *

My phone buzzed on the bedside table and I debated whether or not I should answer it. I peered over and noticed that it was Liberty calling, not April.

I let out a sigh of relief and pressed accept and held the phone to my ear and mumbled a short greeting to the brown haired girl.

"Hey Joshy"

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to hear your voice babe" she giggled.

"You have to warn me before calling me y'know, I could have been with April!" I hissed.

"Well are you?"

.."no"

"Exactly" I could hear her smirk.

"Wanna come over? ..My parents are out of town" the pitch of her voice raised towards the end.

I looked at the photo of April and I and I instantly felt guilty for doing this to her, she doesn't deserve it. She deserves to know the truth.. Well some of it at least.

"Yeah, I'll be there soon. I've got to do.. Something"

We hung up after saying our goodbye's and I decided what I should do. I want to let her down easily. I don't want too break her heart even more.

*

I hesitated before knocking on the door. I'm not going to tell her that I've been cheating on her for a few months, I'm just going to say that I'm in love with someone else.

"Hey mate" Cameron answered the door which made my heart pound because he would probably want to kill me if he found out.

"Hey- is April in?" I asked nervously and scratched the back of my neck.

He shook his head and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"She went out with Liv, she will probably be around town somewhere" I nodded and thanked him before walking in the direction of Liberty's house since April wouldn't see me.

At least that's what I thought..

Once the front door had opened, we shared a short kiss and the door was quickly closed before things got heated instantly.

There was a forceful knock on the door and I opened it and saw someone that I was not expecting too see here..

"April?" I laughed awkwardly and leant in to kiss her but her hands pushed against my chest and she glared at me.

She raised one eyebrow and folded her arms and gave us a look which meant 'explain'.

"Okay, fine" I sighed.

"Basically, he's in love with me. We've been hooking up for a while now.. Behind your back" Liberty fake smiled.

"Now, do us a favour and get lost" April's foot stopped the door from closing and she looked angry but also upset.

She shook her head and rushed down the driveway into her best friends arms who had just overheard everything that had just happened moments ago.

The feeling of guilt was becoming stronger by the second and I felt awful. I mouthed 'sorry' before closing the door and almost instantly Liberty's lips were upon mine again.