4

-Calum's POV-

*2 weeks later*

"Do you like Caleb?" I asked, not wanting to know the answer.

After a few moments of silence, I looked up and saw April's thumbs repeatedly typing on the screen of her new phone. A small smile was spread along her lips and she was completely absorbed in whatever she was doing.

"Sorry, did you say something?" She asked.

"I sai-" I was cut off by the sound of a new message and she instantly smiled and began to type again.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my unruly hair.

"Sorry Cal. That was Caleb, he just asked me what I was doing." she laughed and returned to her phone once again.

I nodded and forced a smile. I looked down at my hands and tugged on the loose strands from the sleeves of my grey sweater.

Her laughter rung in my ears causing me to look up slowly, I watched as she moved her phone closer to my face.

*New message from Caleb c:*
My brother just fell over and dropped his food all over the floor xxxxxxx

"What is so funny about that?" I asked and glared at the screen.

"It's funny! Imagine it, someone walking and suddenly they slip and food goes everywhere!" she giggled and clutched her stomach.

"It isn't that funny" I mumbled.

"I did it last year, do you remember? You couldn't stop laughing for over a week!" she chuckled.

"That's a bit exaggerated. Yeah, it was funny but now it isn't. It's just immature to laugh at something like that" I mumbled and looked back down at my hands.

"Why are you being like this Calum?"

"I think its funny, its my opinion." she spat before rolling over on her bed and I watched as she began to type again.

"Maybe I should go.."

"Maybe you should, Caleb is ringing me in a minute anyway" she replied without looking back at me.

I nodded slowly and left her house.

My head hung low as I began the short walk back to my own house where I would probably sit on my bed and write some lyrics down on a piece of paper to try and finish something.

-------------------
The first strings have been tugged. :(

love you x