55

-Calum's POV-

*one month later *

The music bounced off of all of the walls that currently surrounded me. Everywhere I looked there was the stereotypical couples, making out and grinding on each other.

Every time someone approached me and talked to me, I'd reply with short answers until they left. I was focusing my attention on my girlfriend who had dragged me here.

I had noticed a familiar blonde girl who kept passing by. April wasn't much for parties, honestly I had no idea why she was here. I'd rather be at home and I knew her well enough to know that she would have felt the same.

Maybe things changed as we began to drift apart..

*

The longer I spent at the party, the more exhausted I got. I was drinking a little but mostly following Ariana around. She hasn't even spoken to me since we had arrived.

"Cal, can you be useful for once and get me another drink babe?" Ariana shouted over the music.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise and rolled my eyes before nodding and I quickly turned around so that I could approach the kitchen. I grabbed a red solo cup and poured some of the pink liquid into it.

"Hey mate, what do you think of the party so far?" Luke asked.

"Its shit. I'm just following Ariana around and its so boring" I groaned.

"Why don't you let loose? Have fun! Live a little!" He snorted.

"Can't. I'm driving" I muttered bitterly.

"Oh, that sucks. You could stay over if you want to drink" he shrugged.

"Nah, I'd prefer to be in my flat to be honest" I laughed.

He shrugged it off and said a quick goodbye. I watched as he walked away and got absorbed into the large crowd that was dancing in multiple areas of the house.

I carried the cup in my hand and shoved people around with my free hand so that I could get through and attempt to find my girlfriend. Everywhere I looked, I couldn't spot her.

*

After a while of searching, I gave up and walked into the conservatory and sat down on one of the chairs. It was less crowded in here so I took out my phone and sent a text to Ariana.

I scanned the room and took a double take as I saw my best friend, well; Former best friend.

She was talking to a guy that I hadn't seen before, I watched closely and mentally judged him. He had light brown hair that was styled into a quiff with a black snapback and his skin was very pale.

April got distracted and she looked down at her phone before moving outside. I'm assuming that she had gotten a phone call or something like that.

I watched the boy again, he was messing with something in his pocket and I noticed that he had placed something inside April's drink which immediately alerted me.

Before I could do anything, April walked back inside and sat beside him. I stood up and waited for the correct moment to go over and potentially save her.

As she reached for her drink my feet began to move quickly and before I knew it I was in front of them.

"Come on April. We have to go" I grabbed her arm and pulled her off of the sofa.

"Calum? What are you doing?" She asked and tugged her arm out of my grip.

"I'll explain later. We just have to go" I gritted my teeth and took her arm again before pulling her away from the boy who was currently protesting but I didn't care.

April kept giving me confused glances and kept asking me to explain but I ignored her until we were somewhere quiet and safe.

"Who was that guy?" I asked.

"I don't know. I didn't get chance to find out his name because someone took me away from him!" She growled.

"He fucking spiked your drink April! You should be thanking me!" I replied.

"He what?" She gasped.

I just nodded as I knew that she had heard me the first time. She gasped again and hugged me tightly which showed me that she appreciated it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A female voice spat.

Ariana glared at April, I could see the anger burning in her dark eyes. April looked terrified, it might have just been the fact that she was in shock from what the boy had done.