26

-April's POV-

-six weeks later-

When I got back to Sydney I expected that everything would be okay. I was so wrong. I thought that Cal and I would potentially become best friends again but since Ariana entered his life, I'm a stranger.

I guess we really are as close as strangers.

I only know about 10 years worth of information about Calum, I had missed almost 8 whole years! I sound like a mother who isn't always around and has missed a lot of things about their child but I care about Cal, a lot.

I had missed when his voice started to crack, I had missed seven birthdays, I had missed seeing him grow into the man he was now.

*

I twirled my purple hair around my finger and leant against Cameron's tall frame whilst we waited for our class schedules. Cameron shoved the piece of paper into my hand and walked away causing me to stumble.

"Dick" I muttered under my breath and followed him through the hallways since we were both in the same registration group.

We decided to compare schedules as we tried to find the room we were supposed to be in. We were lucky enough to get some classes together.

Cameron opened the door and I followed him inside and everyone looked up for a moment before resuming their conversations. We took our seats at the back and a familiar brown haired boy turned around.

"Hey!" Cal cheered.

"Hi" I mumbled and folded my arms.

"I've missed you" he looked straight into my green eyes and then started to run his fingers through my purple locks.

"You too" I laughed and started to stroke his hair.

He chuckled and removed his hand before nudging the boy beside him who turned around moments later with a wide grin.

"I'm Michael" the blonde boy spoke.

"April, and this is my brother Cameron" he shook our hands and complimented my hair.

Calum took my timetable from my hands and began to compare it with his own and then with Michael's. I smiled at him as I watched his eyebrows furrow in concentration.

I folded my arms and smirked as he looked up and smiled at me and began to talk to me. I couldn't hear what he was saying though, I just stared at his lips and imagined how they would feel against my own.

My feelings for Cal were strong but had grown stronger ever since I had moved back home. The thing is.. Australia no longer feels like home. America does..