38

-April's POV-

*later that day*

"I just cannot believe that he did that to you, why are you still his girlfriend?" Oscar groaned and shook his head after letting his long hair out of the hair tie.

"I love him Oscar, that is what hurts the most" I mumbled and felt the familiar pain in my chest.

Oscar sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist and allowed me to rest my head on his shoulder. He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head quickly.

We turned the corner and spotted Luke and Ashton strolling towards us. I waved to them, being polite. They both responded with wide smiles and multiple greetings.

"who were they?" Oscar asked after the two lanky boys had disappeared.

"Luke and Ashton, Calum's friends" he nodded and rolled his eyes.

"Why are you friends with Calum? He ignored you for years April! He had a girlfriend that you didn't know about and he didn't even recognise you when you first moved back here" he mumbled, reminding me of almost every event that has happened between Calum and I.

The strings of our friendship were constantly being tugged and there were many obstacles that we had to get past but at the moment we were managing. We weren't as close as we could have been but his girlfriend is more important.

"I'd treat you so much better than Ben" Oscar muttered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at the taller boy who smiled and shrugged his shoulders sheepishly. He began to laugh after a few moments of silence and I realised that he was joking.

"You scared me, I thought you were serious!" I pouted.

"Am I that bad?" He asked.

I nodded and smirked to myself.

*

The two of us continued to walk around the town for the remainder of the beautiful day. We headed into Starbucks and sat down inside one of the booths.

"Oh yeah Oscar, give me my phone?" I asked since he had taken it earlier due to me constantly checking it to see if Ben would have given me an apology.

He pulled it out of his pocket and his large finger pressed the lock button which made my lock screen appear which was a photo of Ben and I kissing on our anniversary.

"Oh shit" he gasped.

"What? Let me see!" He held my phone away from me and attempted to tickle me so that I would give up and stop trying to retrieve my phone.

I grabbed my phone from his hands and pressed the lock button again.

My eyes widened and my jaw fell open in shock. I looked back up at Oscar and he was giving me a sympathetic smile. I shook my head in disbelief and attempted to laugh it off.

"No way. This isn't happening, right?" No response. After a few more moments of silence my eyebrows raised and my eyes widened slightly "Right?!" I asked loudly.

Oscar hushed me and I looked back down at my phone screen to see the message, right there in front of my eyes.

From: CalPal
You will not believe what I have just found..

-To be continued in the next chapter-

--------------

vapor, begins.