prologue

As usual, I do not own any of the characters in this story except for those whom you have never heard of before. They all belong to Kishimoto-san.
-------------------

He was dying.

Kakashi counted the number of enemies catching up to him. Too much for him to fight, just too much. He used up all the energy he had left to hide behind a tree. Quite a foolish trick but he hope it would buy him time until backup arrived.

If they could even reach here within time.

He could only lay against the old tree. Holding his ANBU mask tightly, he somehow felt that this could be the last time he wore the mask. His breath wasn't stable anymore. The sounds of the enemies approaching him became louder by the second. Kakashi closed his eyes, waiting for death to welcome him to the afterlife.

He didn't know death would be really cold. He could feel his body shivering, which is quite weird considering that he was dead. The sounds of leaves rustling were clear within his hearing, which proves one thing: He wasn't dead. Yet. Opening his eyes, he was surprised to see a silhouette within his eyesight.

A person was standing in front of him, he couldn't see the person's face with his/her back to him. But judging from the figure, he was sure it was a girl. A young girl, to be exact. He scoffed, allowing few drops of blood to accidently come out from his mouth. How could a young girl possibly beat an army of highly skilled shinobi?

Kakashi continued to cough badly. He didn't have much time left.

The girl turned around after hearing the terrible cough behind her. Seeming to sense the ANBU's doubt on her, the girl gave him a long look. He couldn't see her face was covered by the dark night and her attire- except for the cold sapphire eyes of hers. The girl turned to focus her attention on her enemies. Kakashi watched, eyes widening the moment the girl started to do hand seals.

A snowstorm appeared out of nowhere. The girl, who could manipulate ice, was moving swiftly in the storm before taking out her kunai. The enemies were screaming, Kakashi watched as some of them had started to die from frostbite. He, on the other hand was protected by an ice wall around him, the cold from the ice gave a soothing and calm aura around him.

In ten seconds, she killed a quarter of the shinobi.
In twenty seconds, half had died from frostbite.
In thirty seconds, the remaining ones screamed in agony.
In forty seconds, the girl was moving at the fastest speed to finish them off.

In a minute, the whole enemy was defeated. The girl dropped her bloody kunai, wiping the blood on her hand on the damp soil. She buried the kunai away, before turning to Kakashi. He still couldn't make out her face, only relying on the sapphire eyes to detect any emotion from her. She remained still, as if thinking of her next actions.

Kakashi did not notice her moving towards him. He especially did not expect her to kick him at the head, knocking his consciousness away. Before passing out, he locked his eyes with the girl one last time. The sapphire eyes seemed to sparkle in the dark forest.

And it was beautiful.

The girl turned away and ran into the forest. Her cream cloak seemed like her wings, it flew around as the girl slowly disappeared from the ANBU's sight.

Kakashi was eventually saved by his troops, who praised him for surviving the ambush of the army of the enemies. Unfortunate for them, Kakashi did not tell them the truth. He did not tell them about the girl who could manipulate snow. The girl who had cold sapphire eyes.

Heck, he didn't even knew her name.