36 ; rise of a silhouette

"Tired?" Natsu mocked the panting swordsman as Kōri backed away once again.

"Nope," He took in a few deep breaths. "Not at all." Kōri summoned a big tornado towards the dead queen. Sadly, she seemed unaffected at all.

"You're not an interesting opponent. I was hoping for that mysterious silver haired guy to fight me. Tell me, is that Nami's sweet little boyfriend?" Natsu seemed to have triggered something in Kōri as he summoned a stronger tornado towards her.

"Oopsie. Did I say something wrong?"

"I hate it when people say I'm weak. I know I'm not as strong as the queen-"

"But she's dead,"

Kōri sprinted towards the dead queen while Natsu fought back by summoning a blizzard. Kōri avoided the storm and attacked the dead queen's face, resulting in a long scar running along her immortal face.

"Honestly, I'm fighting you isn't because to avenge Nami only. It's for someone else." Kōri's blue-gold eyes seemed to express the sadness within him as the queen slowly recovered from the sudden attack.

"Now, who would I have killed that might be somehow related to you?" She mocked him in a way. "All I see in you is a pathetic civilian."

"Oh he's not someone pathetic, I assure you." Kōri took out his sword once more, sick with the painful conversations.

And that was when the ground shook all of a sudden.

The sudden grumble and snow blizzard blinded everyone's vision, including Kakashi's division. "What is that?" The Hatake tried to focus at the silhouette hidden among the fog, but alas failed miserably.

The silhouette dashed towards the undead ice queen and slashed her arms. Natsu screamed and turned to face the culprit.

"No way-" The fog disappeared, and gasps were clearly heard as the snow slowly revealed a familiar face.

"Nami????????" Kakashi's face immediately brightened upon seeing his girlfriend's smile once more.

"Well I be hallucinating right now," Kōri muttered softly. "Long live the ice queen."

"Surprise?" Nami gave her aunt an innocent smile. Her lips curling upwards, revealing a killer smile that could melt a thousand of hearts (which it did, especially a certain silver haired. )

Natsu scanned Nami's body. Not a single injury from before. "What in the world-"

Nami took out her ice sword, her eyes shone the brightest blue there is and immediately attacked her aunt, determined to finish this once and for all.

The Third Division was stunned upon watching the rematch. How did the Ice Princess rose once more to fight was a mystery as the ice swords clashed together. It was pretty obvious that Natsu was getting a little impatient.

"Can't you just die already and let me win?" Natsu was so close to stabbing Nami, only to be fooled by a substitution jutsu. Nami could sense that her opponent was almost at her climax. "Nope, I rather want to win this one."

The ice swords continued to clash one another. As Natsu's ice sword almost pierced through Nami (again), the princess decided to use the final card.

"You know dad loved you until the end, right?" They jumped backwards, Nami taking a few deep breaths. "Dad never hated you in the family. He wanted to take you away too, but since it was all so sudden-"

"Stop lying you pathetic human." Natsu's hand shook intensely. Nami finally hit her weak spot. She dashed towards Natsu at top speed before using a substitution jutsu to attack her from behind.

"Dad didn't expect them to make you take the throne. He thought Grandfather would continue his reign." An icicle was stabbed through Nami's face. Natsu gave out an animal laugh, only to stop when ice flowed out of her niece's body.

"He was surprised I resembled so much of you. He thought he could redeem his mistakes with me... but he died at your hands." Nami whispered the last words as she finally caught Natsu in a jutsu.

"Ice Chain Jutsu; completed." Her eyes never left her aunt, who struggled hard before she finally collapsed. Natsu fell to her knees, breaking down as she cried endless tears.

"He... he was the perfect brother." She sobbed. "Everyone looked at me like I was useless, except for him. Haru... Haru took care of me like the brother he is."

"When he suddenly ran away, I thought he was like the others. I started to despise him. I wanted him dead so much for giving me hope that I wasn't useless."

"Guess the joke's on me, huh little Nami?" Natsu's body started to turn into paper. "Ah... looks like it's time I meet your father and apologise." She signalled Nami to come forward. While the princess was suspicious, she still stepped closer to her aunt.

"I couldn't become the perfect queen, so you're the nation's last hope. Do it." Natsu's voice had become weaker. "For Haru." Nami broke the jutsu as Natsu embraced her tightly.

"I'm sorry Nami. I hope.... the Snow Islands will rise under your command." The queen kissed her forehead while wiping the tears that ran through her cheeks.

"Long live..." Natsu's last pieces were slowly being turned to dust.

"The Ice Queen....." And Natsu faded towards the afterworld, reuniting with her brother.

It was silent for awhile. Nami stood up, her eyes returning to their original shade of green. The silence was broken by a sudden shout to her left.

"Long live the ice queen!!!" Kōri shouted, followed by the others. The chants grew louder as Nami finally accepted her title.

Queen Nami.

Nami finally turned towards Kakashi. Tears threatened to run down her cheeks again as she gave him her widest smile there is.

That is, before her surroundings went dark and her body fell with a loud thud.

--------
for your information, it was this very song (only it was a super duper famous cover of it) that created the ice queen.

i would go on blabbering how from silhouette > ice queen but i'll rant about that in my book [with love,]
shameless promoting again i know hELP

edit #1 ; you guys might wanna really check out that [with love,] book ;)

alsooo, this is the last chapter i'll update until my 7 weeks are over. see you fams in the next chapter in december! 💖