08 ; of new worries

"You're back!" Iruka smiled as the young jounin slammed her report on the mission desk, eyes twitching with anger. "If I get one more escort mission, I'm going to flip this whole building upside down, Iruka." Fuyu groaned softly. She understands Konoha's lack of manpower, but this is too much. Imagine, doing escort missions for two weeks straight. Although, she doesn't mind doing escorting missions. It is nicer than doing assassinating missions and integrating people and she could travel around like she used to.

It was the clients that had pissed her off most of the time.

"Well, you can't blame me. Every time we receive a request for an escort, the only word we see is Konoha's Ice Princess. We once asked a client why did she request you. And guess what her answer was?" The whole room had turned silent, eyes all focus on Iruka's next sentence. "They trust the Ice Princess, and the Ice Princess has such a colourful personality, according to a witness." Iruka roared with laughter while Fuyu clenched her fist. This was definitely the work of the client that she and Kakashi had escorted together a few months ago.

Kakashi. She hadn't seen Kakashi for quite some time since the day she talked with Asuma. 'I guess everyone is busy.' Recapping their little incident the night at her apartment, Fuyu's face blushed rapidly. She still hadn't got her revenge on the jounin yet. Her thoughts were later interupted when she heard a rustling sound in front of her.

"Ah, I almost forgot." Iruka took out an old book from his bag and gave it to the kunoichi. "We found it in the Hokage's office. Apparently the Third wanted us to give this to you after he died." Receiving the book, Fuyu sneezed as she opened the book. "Thanks, Iruka. I don't have any more missions to do, right?" She gave Iruka a scary glare. Iruka nodded anxiously. "Nope, that's all. Goodbye." And Fuyu left the room with a slam at the door.

She left the building slowly. Finally free of her missions, she planned the rest of her activities inside her mind. Fuyu flipped through the pages of the book, wondering what did the former Hokage gave her.

Oh, it was actually a journal. Neat.

Fuyu was too immersed in the journal until she didn't hear a certain pink-haired called her. "Eh? Sakura???" Her eyes widen as she noticed Sakura's hair. "When did you cut it?" She holds a few strands of Sakura's short hair. The pink haired giggled, "Didn't you notice it? I cut it during the Chunnin Exams." Fuyu let out a small 'oh', realizing she hasn't seen Team 7 since the incident at Ichiraku's. Fuyu walked lazily through the street with Sakura continue to walk along with her. "Hey Fuyu, can I ask you a favour?" Fuyu closed the journal, lending all her ears to the young ninja beside her.

"Would you mind if I watch you train yourself?" Fuyu gave her a questioning look. "It's because.... I really want to make myself stronger so that Sasuke and Naruto don't have to always protect me, you know." Fuyu played with her hair, considering Sakura's request. "Sure, I guess..... if I don't have a mission that is." Sakura hugged her tightly and thanked her.

"You don't have to thank me. I might not be able to show you anything at all. I'm just another ordinary ninja, that's all." Fuyu looked around, noticing something else was missing. "Where are the others, by the way?"

"Naruto went on a mission with Jiraiya-sama. Sasuke left the village, I don't know for what. And Kakashi-sensei....." Sakura sighed. "He's been hospitalized. " Fuyu's expression changed drastically. She looked at Sakura, kneeling herself so that her eyes would meet hers. "Sakura." She couldn't think straight at the moment. "I- If you do want to see me train, come to the training grounds by sundown." Fuyu stood up and ran down the streets. She made a sharp turn at a junction and set off, leaving Sakura alone in the streets.

--------------------

"He's been like this ever since Uchiha Itachi came to the village." Fuyu continued to watch the lifeless body in front of her as the medical-nin continued explaining the situation. "I really hope Tsunade-sama returns back to Konoha and heals him. He is one of the strongest ninjas in Konoha after all." The medical-nin finally left her alone with Kakashi. Fuyu slowly approached the man.