55; moon night

As promised by Kōri when they first met, he would show Iruka the guest rooms because of the Snow Islands tradition of 'the best treatment for their guests.'

"It's.... very pretty. And huge. And clean. Wow." Iruka looked at the furniture inside one of the rooms with eyes as wide as the saucers nearby. "You weren't kidding."

"Why would I joke around? I had to clean the rooms so that is in it's the best form when I first became a servant." They both left the room and walked down the corridor when a maid approached Kōri out of the blue.

"Your room is now ready, should we move in your stuff now?"

The taller of the two shook his head softly. "I'll do it myself. Besides, I don't have a lot of stuff in the first place." The maid looked afraid, but Kōri gave her a wide smile as he pushed her away. "If the seniors say anything, tell them that their former senior servant really doesn't want to trouble people. Thanks."

"Former senior servant?" Iruka asked when the maid had left the both of them.

"Oh, I thought you knew!" The golden orbs twinkled at the realization before the young man let out a soft chuckle. "I'm free. In front of you stands the Snow Islands' head counselor. Surprise."

"What???!!? I'm- I'm so happy for you!! How does it feel like to be part of the new council now?" Iruka followed along towards the head counselor's former bedroom. Their ship back to Konoha was set to depart in a few more hours, there's still a lot of time to kill. "Did you felt happy, relief, anything?"

"I felt happy since I'm now able to send more money to my family and help them and the others at the mountain. Although I do have my own regrets; this position would be more fitting for my brother, if I have to be frank."

"Kōri, you're as capable as he is!" The chuunin patted the other's broad shoulder a bit too strong. "This kingdom is now going through a remarkable era starting from now. Trust me."

Upon reaching the former servant's bedroom, Iruka helped cleaned the room for the use of future servants that would come. (Most are just here for the cleaning actually. The royal family never used them that much.) As Kōri was placing the last of his objects into a box, his hands stopped at the sight of a picture of him and his brother.

"You know, before my brother was killed, he did tell me how the council was ruining both of them mentally. He said he could see how Natsu slowly crumbled down- as if in front of him wasn't the same princess he has been having secret meetings with. Love is such a weird thing, I guess." Iruka only nodded as he opened the door as the new counselor carried the boxes outside of his former room.

"Well, love has always been said to be the most powerful force there is. Also, I guess it's because you think you could trust them with all your heart enough to expose your weaknesses."

"My, you sound like a professional in this, Iruka. I guess your girlfriend is waiting back in Konoha?" He watched as the chuunin choked at his question, smiling as he assumed he had hit jackpot. "It's ok, Iruka. You'll see her soon enough."

"I don't have a girlfriend."

"A wife, then?" Another endless fit of coughs could be heard again from the chuunin.

"No, I.." Iruka really didn't want to expose his long-term crush on Nami, especially in front of the new head counselor, who will be working hand-by-hand with the said person from now. "Let's just say, I can't get rid of these feelings for someone I can never have."

"Oh," Kōri's eyes widened in surprise. "I'm sorry for making an assumption, then. Did she die?"

"No. She's... kinda with someone now."

"Oh," Another gasp. "I'm... sorry, that must hurt a lot. But, I believe you'll find the love that deserves you. You have a good heart." Kōri patted Iruka, a bit too strong for the chuunin before they both left the room that holds thousands of memories for the former servant. Their walk was quiet, both of them keeping their thoughts to themselves until they heard a rattle from the mountains beyond the castle. Kōri tensed for a while before throwing his box to the side and ran towards the nearest staircase, leaving Iruka behind with a confused expression on his face. The chuunin chased him from behind, hearing the councillor's panic as he muttered one single word.

"Nami."

-----------------------

She didn't want to look at any mirror in the castle. She might cry.

Ever since her coronation day, Nami was stuck in her room. Quoting her own promise to Kōri; that in order to lead a nation, she'll have to master the death trap that even her own father had some troubles with; the Fuyuhana Constitution.

"I think, this is the worst I have looked since the day I was stuck in the forest for a whole week back in my ninja days." She complained to the servant who was entering with her breakfast. "Minus the glasses." Taking off her glasses, she took the tray from the servant and thanked her. The queen took a bite from the bread she was holding before she continued her reading.

She was just finishing the first part of the Constitution when someone knocked on her door. It can't be lunch yet, right? Hastily, she jumped from her chair and rushed towards the door. Only to remain still to see who it was.

"It's been some time since we've met, hasn't it?"

"Kakashi, we kissed three days ago."

"Maa, what's with the cold shoulder?" Nami continued to ignore him as he entered her bedroom. She sat back on her chair and continued to read the last paragraph of the first part of the Constitution.

"You look very cute with glasses, by the way. I didn't know you were farsighted. "

"It's pretty recent? Like a year back? Or was it a few months back? Oh, you were too busy staying in a warden's prison to care anyway." Kakashi was taken aback by the sudden remarks. "Come on, Nami. Didn't we make up? It's all in the past-"

The queen heaved out a really loud sigh before she closed her book. She massaged the bridge of her nose and took another deep breath. "Imagine this; if you suddenly found me and Kōri here sharing a bed in this bedroom after you knocked the door, how would you feel?"

"I feel pissed, of course."

"Then, don't you think I'm not pissed until now?"

"I-" He lost. He can't fight that point. "But-" Gosh, he's cornered.

"And you know what I hate the most about it? Because I know the second you say you're sorry, I'm still going to forgive you because deep inside my heart, I still care for you a bit too much. Even if our relationship is pretty much one-sided throughout these past few months." She said the last sentence very quietly, trying to hold down the tears from breaking through her eyes.

"I know but-"

"No buts!" There are times when Nami forgot that half of the Islands' energy is in her, thus the second she slammed her feet, the noise of minor avalanche from the farthest mountain could be heard clearly from her room. "I hate myself so much because I promised myself I will never be in love with someone but look where I am now. Please leave."

"No. You haven't given me a chance to talk yet." He took her hand and pulled her towards his body. "I'm sorry. I really am. It was a rough time back there, and now I realized how much you mean to me." He could hear the soft sobs coming from the young queen now. "And I swear, this time, I'll take care of you just like the princess you are. Or queen." He pushed her away for a minute before he took her hands into his, eyes looking into hers as he gathered the last courage within him to say:

"Fuyuhana Nami, I love you so much. Will you do the honours of being my companion for the rest of our lives?"

----------------------

When Kōri and Iruka were on Nami's floor, they saw the minor avalanche had become a minor snow storm. "Oh my god, what is the queen doing to have such a huge mental breakdown???" They both sprinted to her bedroom as Iruka slowly mumbled the answer.

"Kakashi."