03 ; a hidden gift

He watched as Fuyu took out an ice sword and attacked the bandits. Her moves were faster and swifter, dancing through each enemy as she killed them with the makeshift ice sword. She released a few deadly ice jutsus, killing large numbers of the bandits at a time. Surprisingly, Fuyu looked like she enjoyed doing this compare than when they were first attacked. Not wanting to be left behind, he joined her as they defeated the enemies once and for all.

Fuyu stabbed the last enemy with her ice sword. Her outfit was mostly covered in blood and dirt. She turned and saw the client looked at her with horror eyes. Slowly, she walked towards the client. Her evil grin had disappeared and was replaced by her normal calm expression. Tired, she kneeled down a meter before the client. She looked at the her with pitiful eyes, sapphire eyes slowly changing to her normal green eyes. "Please...." She begged. "Don't tell a single soul about what you saw today." She dropped her ice sword, leaving the sword to melt on its own. The client looked at her, still afraid of her but nodded anyway. She turned to Kakashi, her green eyes sparkled as she begged for the same thing. Closing his Sharingan, he nodded too.

They continued their journey as soon as Kakashi and Fuyu had rested enough.

----------------------------------------

They reached Kumogakure the next morning. The client thanked both of them for their help. "Thank you for protecting me, even if I did piss you off a lot during our journey," Fuyu responded by rolling her eyes. The client turned to Kakashi, smiling as she thanked him. "Thank you so much Kakashi-kun. I hope fate will let us meet each other again."

Fuyu finally puked out most of her breakfast behind them.

Bidding their goodbye, they head back to start their journey home. Fuyu could already see her bed awaiting her at home. She yawned quietly, not wanting to attract Kakashi's attention. It was a beautiful day today, the birds flew high up in the sky and chirped happily to their own rhythm. Fuyu hummed a rhythm she simply made up.

"Fuyu," She looked up and raised an eyebrow at Kakashi. If he was going to be pissed about her humming all the way back to Konoha, then he might need some earmuffs to cover his ears right now. "About last night......" He stopped his sentence, quite unsure how he should continue the sentence. Fuyu closed her ears and hummed even louder. She fastened her pace so she would be in front of the Copy Ninja. Eventually, Kakashi caught up to her in a nick of time. He took Fuyu's arm and pulled her closer to him. Kakashi shivered upon holding her arm.

"Why are you so cold?" He released his grip immediately. Fuyu stood still as she placed her hand on her forehead. It was slightly warm. "I guess my definition of warm is different from yours." She gave him a small smile before she walked forward again. Kakashi turned and fasten his pace until they finally walked side by side. "Okay.... that makes sense on how you can use Ice Release and-"

"Shut up." She knows it was rude for her to interrupt a senior when they are talking, but she would prefer if they were not talking about that. "Just... don't tell anybody else about this. Please?" Fuyu sighed softly.

"Are there others who know about this?"
"Sandaime. Me. You. That annoying client." She was starting to feel quite awkward since their topic of conversation is her. "Anywho, I don't usually use that thing. I try to minimise my usage of it. So it's best if you stop talking about it right now." They were walking at a really slow pace at the moment. Fuyu skipped forward, looking at Kakashi who was still walking so slow. "Can you hurry up?" She pouted when he responded by walking even slower. She gave a loud tch and sat on the road to wait for him.

"How old were you when you graduated?" Kakashi asked when he finally caught up with her. Again, another topic that is centered towards her. "Definitely not as young as you, I was.... 11?? I don't remember." He hummed before asking another question. "How about when you were a chunnin?" Fuyu rolled her eyes. She could just ignore his weird questions, but then what would people say about her being rude to a senior jounin of hers?