17 ; an abandoned tale

Fuyu was fast asleep on Kakashi's lap. It was one of those rare moments where both of them had no missions, so Fuyu took the chance to stay at Kakashi's house.

He wasn't reading his Icha-Icha novel, in fact he was reading the old book Sandaime had given him. The book had attracted Kakashi's attention amazingly. All the traditions and tales of the Snow Islands were so exotic and different from Konoha.

What attracted him the most was The Tale of The Royal Siblings.

The Royal Siblings of the Snow Islands, Fuyuhana Haru and Fuyuhana Natsu. They had a deadly battle between each other due to the brother defecting himself from the royal family. And so it was Natsu's job to take him back to the palace.

The battle ended up both of them killing each other.

With no heir to the throne left, the Snow Islands had been left to be manage by the counselors. Kakashi took pity with the citizens. The current ones were new and quite dictator-ish, well.. that's what the book says.

Although, the story had so many cliffhangers to it. In the story, it mentioned that Haru had a child before he died. Was the child still alive? If the child is still alive, where is it?

"You're not asleep yet?" Fuyu's sleepy voice had caused Kakashi to feel something in his body. He closed the book, but Fuyu was able to stop him from fully closing it. "You know the Snow Islands?"

That voice. Trying to control himself, Kakashi nodded hastily. "..Cool." She continued to rest on his lap. "I'm sure you have that book because you think I'm from the Snow Islands, huh?"

"What makes you think that?" The Copy Nin let out a weird laugh. Fuyu only pointed to her hair. "Admit it, Hatake." She let out a small yawn before making herself comfortable on his lap again.

"I guess I was curious." He brushed a few strands of hair away from Fuyu's face. He smiled and pecked the girl's cold forehead.

"Are you sure that's your real hair colour?" Fuyu laughed loudly, snorting in the process. "It is." She took the book from Kakashi before randomly flipping it. "The Tale of The Royal Siblings......." Fuyu's eyes had seemed to soften just by reading the title.

Kakashi actually noticed a tear coming out from her eyes.

"The story is really sad. I always cry at the moment they stabbed each other at the heart." She mumbled before she doze off. Kakashi took the book from her and closed it before placing it on his table. 'Wait a minute,' He turned to his girlfriend.

The book never mentioned the two siblings stabbing each other at the heart. Where did she knew that?

Kakashi decided to ask her next time.
--------------------------

"Um no, he's NOT a pervert."
"Has he touched you somewhere inappropriate?"
"He's my boyfriend."
"Suggest anything kinky?"
"No."
"Forced you to do something?"
"UMINO IRUKA GET YOURSELF A GIRLFRIEND."

Fuyu massaged her temples. Overly concern Iruka was not one of her favourite people in the village. Handing over her report, Fuyu gave him a small smile. "Kakashi is a nice person. Really."

"Ahhh has my rival spread his seed in you yet?" Out of nowhere, Guy appeared between the two of them and asked Fuyu an embarassing question. Face flushed, Fuyu kicked Guy away and screamed.

"Jounins. Simply weird people." Iruka massaged his nose as he checked Fuyu's report. "So, you're off to Kakashi-san's apartment?"

"No, he's coming to mine." Smiling, she turned her heel and started to leave the room. She managed to hit Guy one more time before waving Iruka goodbye.

Fuyu admired the weather today. It wasn't too hot nor too cold, much to her pleasure. She stopped by a grocery shop to buy some ingredients to make miso for Kakashi. The kunoichi looked at her reflection on a window, her hand unconsciously touching her reflection's eye...

How would she tell Kakashi about her background? She's still not sure about this herself. Still weighing the pros and cons if she does tell him, Fuyu continued her shopping silently.

Meanwhile, Kakashi was on Fuyu's bed. He had just returned from the hospital after a checkup (and a lecture) from Tsunade and decided to go straight to Fuyu's house. While reading his novel, he took a deep breath and took in Fuyu's scent.

They've been sharing beds ever since he came to Fuyu's apartment for the first time. It makes the feeling of emptiness ease a little when one of them has a mission to do. He took in another deep breath, the scent of pine trees and snow always make Kakashi felt a little calmer.

"Oh, you're here already?" Fuyu popped into her bedroom. She had already took off her forehead protector, her bangs flowing down in their natural way. Kakashi had always loved her bangs.

"I'll cook dinner soon." Smiling, she left towards the kitchen. Kakashi followed from behind her. He snuggled into her neck as she was chopping the vegetable. "I really love the scent of your hair."

"Hatake." Her face was blushing pink, yet she let Kakashi continue snuggling into her neck anyway.

"Again with that Hatake tone." He sighed. "When will I be able to use that tone on you?" He felt Fuyu's neck stiffened.

"It'll be too long for you to use that tone on me." She swiftly put the vegetables in a pot. "So, why do you like The Tale of The Royal Siblings so much?" She pushed Kakashi to the dining table and continued to stir the pot.

"It's beautiful... and sad at the same time. Oh, and it has a cliffhanger." Fuyu slowed the fire before turning around. "Cliffhanger?"

"Yeah. The book said Haru has a child before he died. Have you ever wondered what happened to the child? I actually raided the bookstore a few weeks ago just to find another book about the tale but alas, there isn't any."

"Haru had a daughter."
"..What?"

"Haru had a daughter." Fuyu placed two bowls on the table. "Do you want me to tell you the story? I know quite a lot about it."

"Yes! But.... can you tell me after dinner?" Fuyu nodded. They ate in peace until....

"My family name is Fuyuhana."