16 ; a simple dance

Scared? No, that's not the right word. It was more of.... nervous.

Yup, Fuyu was nervous.

She trusts Kakashi, but she had also prepared a kunai in her outfit just in case he does something stupid.

"Nervous?" She heard him whisper into her ear. He should really stop that, it gives her the shivers. Not in a bad way though. Fuyu gave a soft hum to reply the question. They continued walking towards where the Copy Nin had planned to go.

It was getting quieter. Fuyu was sure they were far away from the Konoha streets right now. Her thoughts were suddenly filled with a thousand and one possibilities, both good and bad.

"Here you go." He whispered again. Kakashi opened her eyes and she was greeted by one of the most beautiful sceneries ever.

It was an empty area, the grass were shining in the moonlight. There was also a pond in the area, the light from the moon reflected in the water, showing a beautiful sparkle in the pond.

"We could have had dinner here, you know." Fuyu turned to her boyfriend, smiling as wide as she could. "Anyway, it's really pretty."

"Thanks." Kakashi's eyesmile seemed more beautiful in the moonlight. "I thought you would like it since you were so happy at night during our mission- What are you doing?" The kunoichi pulled him towards the center of the pond. They both stood on the pond as the moon shine its light towards them.

"I wanted to show a simple trick." She let go of his hand and walked further from him. "When we learn to stand on water, have you ever wondered what happens if we were standing on a strong current of water and used only half our chakra to stand on water?"

"We drown, Fuyu." Kakashi rolled his eye. Fuyu let out a loud tsk-ed.

"Actually, we don't. Well, it depends on your definition of half. Watch and be amazed." She tapped the water, causing it to have a slight current before she started to sway from left to right. Her moves were graceful... and majestic. Kakashi was in awe.

"Water currents can be pretty fast when they're strong. So if you just let the water flow around you take control of your feet in a river filled with obstacles....."

"You'll have the speed to avoid the obstacles." Kakashi finished her sentence. "Maa, that's pretty smart of you."

"Thank you. Now you try."  She continued to flow around, taunting the Copy Nin who was currently hesitating. "Come on, Copy Nin. Can't let a little jounin beat you up, can you."

The words were almost the same as the day she lost control, but seeing that wide smile on that face instead of a smirk made Kakashi's heart flutter even more. He took a step and let the water flow take over his feet.

He was able to move gracefully on the water. It felt calm and soothing to flow around just like this. Kakashi began to wonder how Fuyu trained herself in the strong river current.

Maybe he should try that.

Taking Fuyu's hand, he slowly lead her as they waltz across the pond. The water current remained calm as they danced away. Kakashi swore he had never learned to dance, but the water had made him seem like a natural.

He let Fuyu twirled around a few times before catching her. Setting Fuyu free, he watched the kunoichi spinned around, giggling as she returned towards him.

He caught Fuyu and hugged her body. Her figure was smaller than him, and her head only reached to his chest. Fuyu leaned nearer towards him. She could hear his heartbeat calmly. Fuyu hummed softly as they remained like that for a few minutes. Kakashi remained still, holding the woman tight in his embrace.

"This is really fun." She giggled again. She looked up to see Kakashi looking at her with a loving gaze. The coal eyes greeted the green eyes warmly. Fuyu's blush returned at that moment.

Kakashi slowly leaned closer to her face, his fingers digging inside of his mask. Fuyu close her eyes, out of nervous and respecting his privacy. Her cold lips were greeted with warm lips.

The kiss was just a simple one, but it still made both hearts flutter away. Feeling the lips move away, Fuyu's eyes remained closed to give time for the silver haired nin to wear his mask again.

"You can open your eyes now."

Fuyu opened her eyes, only to drop her jaws as she looked at Kakashi's lower half of his face. She was.... speechless. Fuyu felt her cheeks had turn into a bright tomato. "W-What-"

"Well, if we're going to kiss every now and then you do have to see my face, right?" Fuyu almost melted when Kakashi gave her a smile.

Actually, she was combusting inside.

"I- I ...." Fuyu was left speechless, so she hugged the Copy Nin tightly before pulling him into another kiss.

"I love you, Hatake." She let the tears to run down her cheeks as they broke the kiss. "Thank you."

Kakashi couldn't help but kiss her again, too happy to put it into a mere sentence.

-------------

"I WON THE BET." Kurenai slammed her glass of sake as Katsuyu returns with report of Kakashi and Fuyu's date. "I TOLD YOU HE WOULDN'T HARM HER."

"I can't believe he followed every single one of my tips...." Iruka mumbled.

"I am so jealous of Snowy...."

"Me too Anko...." Shizune and Anko huffed out a loud sigh.

"Huh, that punk sure knows how to win a girl's heart. Thanks Katsuyu." Tsunade patted her little slug.

"I can't believe I was summon just for this......."