11; the kunoichi's birthday

"A week?!?" Kakashi pushed Fuyu's dropped jaw upwards, laughing at her in the process. He is always entertained by the latter's hilarious reactions. "Yes, I'm going to be away for a week. Why? Is there a problem?" Times like this made him glad he wore a mask, or Fuyu could have seen the smirk on his face and probably slap him to death.

"A-Ah... It's nothing.... really." The kunoichi played with her own hair, her face was slightly pink currently. "Well, I must be lagging you right now, best you be off before your comrades get pissed at you." She gave Kakashi her most sincere smile, bidding him goodbye as she turned away and walked further from him. He turned to the right and lazily walked towards the gates.

Fuyu is healing really fast, both mentally and physically. Tsunade-sama had put her out of commission for a few months so she would return to her normal form. 'Guess at this rate of hers, she might have another mission by next week.' He softly mumbled to himself as he read his novel.

Ironically, he had offered to help her during her training after the incident at the cell. She refused at first, quoting that 'He should train other really strong ninjas than an emotionally unstable girl.' But after a few exchanges of words and a simple threat, the girl finally compromised. Their training had been sailing pretty smooth too; if he does say so himself. Sure, they were a few rumours about them that were spreading at the speed of a bullet train in the village but he couldn' t care less as long as he could be with her.

And the results of their training? They both have started to overcome their own weaknesses, slowly that is. He could now use his Lightning Cutter more frequently than he used too (although he still has chakra depletion, which causes a certain kunoichi to carry him to the hospital quite often.) Meanwhile, Fuyu's extremely abnormal body temperature is slowly rising to match the common human's temperature. (It was at 15*C when they last measured it, but slow improvements do lead to great success....) 

Back at Konoha, Fuyu let out a really loud sigh. Being free from missions is a blessing. But it's so boring when all your favourite people are busy with teaching, leading a genin team, training and going on missions. She strolled through the Konoha streets in her casual attire, making her somehow quite invisible among the crowd. Recalling Kakashi's word before he departed just now, Fuyu let out another loud sigh.

Why is she so devastated? Simple. She is going to be 20 in five days!! Kurenai had already emptied her time just to celebrate her birthday, (I did promise, right? - Kurenai) Iruka was probably trying to outsmart her with another prank (He should really consider how old he is now), Sakura said she had prepared something for her too. But all in that, she had really wanted to spend her birthday with Kakashi. He didn't have to give her a present. Just the thought of him being with her was already nice enough..

Speaking of the Copy-Nin, Fuyu had an instinct that she had actually developed some feelings for the guy. No, it wasn't any simple admiration for your senior. It seems... more than that. She blamed their training as the cause of these feeling.

So when she decided to tell her little issue to Iruka, he actually responded quite well, with a loud 'REALLY?' before sighing like a really old man. "Seriously Fuyu, HIM??? Among all of the ninjas in Konoha, HIM????"

"I can't believe it. You're in love... with Hatake Kakashi. The Hatake Kakashi."

Fuyu drank her orange juice as she hears Iruka's continuous ranting. "Do you know the rumours I've heard at the mission desk????? It always goes, 'Hey Iruka, did you notice Kakashi-san has been close to a girl???' Or it can also go like "Kakashi-san has been way too cheerful lately, no?' DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SHOCKED I WAS WHEN I REALISED THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT YO-" Fuyu threw her spoon at Iruka to shut him up.