04 ; the curse within

"Ouch." Fuyu winced. She had accidently pressed her palms on her kunai again. "Isn't this a little clumsy even for myself?" Staring at the little cut in her right palm, she ruffled her hair, which was tied simply instead of the usual braid before landing on the hard training ground soil. Watching the skies change colour, Fuyu counted the number of birds in the sky until the Konoha sky has changed to black.

Assured that no one was around, she closed her eyes. The cold aura was currently directing throughout her whole body. Fuyu opened her sapphire eyes, greeting the cold night with a hint of eagerness. Doing a few hand seals, she summoned a few decoys before she started her training. She flicked her hand and a few ice needles appeared under her fingers. "I think I'm gonna like this one in particular." She looked at the ice needles and admired it for a few minutes.

Before she threw it to a tree a meter behind her. With a loud sigh, she called out her visitor. "Kakashi-san, what are you doing here?" With her back towards the tree, she waited for Kakashi to reply.

"Maa... you sure can detect people easily. I just arrived here." She threw a few more ice needles at him. It almost hit him, but he easily dodged it. "Ahh... Sandaime was right about your temper." He stretched his legs, which earned him a glare from the girl. "You know, your glare looks beautiful with those sapphire eyes of yours." Fuyu stopped glaring at him instantly.

"What do you want?" Softly, she asked. Her eyes were about to close before Kakashi stopped her. "Don't. Continue training. Just imagine I'm not here." Fuyu rolled her eyes as she flick both her hands. She hummed as she started to train all by herself. It was really awkward having someone see you train. Suddenly, an idea popped in her head as she the cold began conquering her whole body.

"Oh, did the Sandaime told you I like to play games?" Eyes filled with eagerness and bloodlust, a few ice needles soared through the sky, aiming towards the Copy Ninja. Swiftly he dodged the attacks, causing him to stand right behind Fuyu. His hands started to form a seal.. before stopping as a sudden cold greeted him. Her hands gripped him strongly. Kakashi tried to weaken her grip but failed. "Let. Go." He took his kunai and stabbed her arm. She held a scream and her grip had weakened. Kakashi jumped backwards, eyes fully focused on the young kunoichi in front of him. He wasn't surprised as water slowly came out from her.

He turned to see Fuyu laying on top of a tree, hand flicking back and forth, watching her ice needles appear and disappear with much dullness. "Come on, Kakashi-san. Let's play." She whined. Kakashi sighed, as he leveled his forehead protector.

-----------------------------

"I'm actually quite worried about Fuyu." The Sandaime took a particularly thick book from his table. "She left the village for seven years. No one knew why, although she said she would return soon. And well.... she returned, with a really cold body temperature and blood all over her body. And her eyes.. they were sapphire. Oh, and she nearly stabbed the ninja on duty that day."

"So I finally decided to trace back Fuyu's family background. I was always curious about her since the day I took her in. Not much I could find in her resident data, so I took this book I found in the library. It has a lot of information about those from the Snow Islands." He gave the book to Kakashi.

"I think she's from the Snow Islands because the last time I saw someone with hair that white, it's from there. You can lend it for the mission. It's better than seeing you reading Jiraiya's books anyway." Kakashi returned the Hokage's remark with a sour face. "And here is Fuyu's ninja registration card. Although as you can see, most of it is empty." Hiruzen sighed.

Kakashi flipped through the book. List of clans, their abilities, their traits.... he stopped at a certain page. "Ah, I see you found the page already." Kakashi rolled his eyes before he started reading.