54: at last

please listen to the song even if the lyrics are so not related to the story much. it gives the vibes. also yes this is a bit long because it needs a lot of feels.

other song suggestions; asymmetry - yui horie

i might rewrite some parts in this story because i cringe reading my 16 year old writing yek yek

----------------

"Kashi," Nami continued to mutter endlessly, her state of mind was definitely hitting its lowest peak. It's been too long since they actually shared any intimate moments together. She felt like she could pass out, her hands now gripping to Kakashi's clothes like it was her lifeline. It felt too surreal.

She let out a little moan, to which the latter took advantage and immediately entered his tongue through. What was she expecting, this was someone who had read the Icha Icha tactics for about a thousand times.

"Too much, Kashi... stop..." Nami felt him wiping off the tears that had ran down slower. Her own breath was running shorter, but at the same time, she was oh so scared to let go.

It was until they both really needed to breath did Kakashi broke the kiss. He then continued to Nami's neck, unconsciously leaving a few small marks here and there.

Both of them were so into it, they didn't realize Iruka and Kōri were opening the door. "Hey Nami, the criminals have been - oh my god."

"I told you my chakra senses weren't lying- Woah ok back out dude." Kōri pushed Iruka out of the room as both of them started to become aware of the presence of the two men. As they waited for the pair to look presentable, Kōri noticed that Iruka's face had darkened a bit. "Hey dude, you okay?"

"I will be once I crack some logic into his head."

———————————

It was Kōri's job to help Nami prepare for the coronation. But the Queen herself seemed like she was still in a trance or sort. The servant only lets out a tired sigh, they were delaying this far too longer than he had expected, this would not be a great first impression for the citizens. "Nami,"

"Kōri, have you ever been in love before?"

".. What?"

"Have you ever felt your heart skipped a beat upon seeing someone? How would you do anything to see them smile so wide and happily? How despite the amount of pain they gave you, you loved them just as much as you used too? Have you?"

The servant only lets out a small sigh again as he turned around for a few minutes to allow the maids to finish touching up the Queen's coronation attire. "I'm scared to be in love. Ever since that day," He turned back and was left speechless as his eyes laid on the soon-to-be queen. His eyes wavered for a quick moment before he regained his composure.

"Does it had something to do with your brother and my aunt?" Kōri took a deep breath, it was now or never.

"As you know I came to the castle at a young age with my brother. He was around your aunt's age." He walked towards the family portrait behind them, eyes focused on the former queen. "When Haru was appointed the heir, nobody batted an eye towards your aunt. So she was left all alone, that is until your grandfather told the both of us to keep her company. Things got more intimating for the both of them, that is until Haru ran away."

"They fell in love." Nami's face turned white.

"With Haru as King, Natsu would have been ignored, and you know, for these type of people who priories 'true blood' members only, a lot of them actually married someone else. Even that guy you stabbed."