59; 好きと言わせたい

ok first of all.. LAST CHAPTER MAKE SOME NOISEEEEEE

also i hope the lyrics are on point because heh funny story: I started this story with 0.9% knowledge in nihongo and now im ending it with like decent enough knowledge to listen to standard nihongo quite well i guess hehehehehehehe wow.... time flies.

ENJOY??????

---------------------

Dear Iruka,

How are you? I'm sorry for sending a reply to your letter a bit late than usual. It's been a busy month here at the Islands. We've been receiving many offers of trade with the other villages, and it's taking a lot of time to discuss which will bring the most benefit to the land. Other than that, the other counsellors and I have been running around the nearby villages to test out the technology we received from Konoha. It's been really tiring that I've been running on a lot of those prescriptions that the pink-haired healing nin has been providing for me. (a bit too much I think.. I need to pick up a new pack when I come to Konoha next time.)

Speaking of Konoha, I really can't thank you enough for allowing a few of your best ninjas to teach our younger generation your shinobi skills. Her Majesty herself is really satisfied with seeing a lot of people now having two ways to defend themselves from any attack. Hopefully, that's not necessary, but just in case things happen I guess? I hope the people from the Snow Islands who are at Konoha at the moment aren't causing much trouble on your side. We can be a bit... feisty at times.

On a more personal note, I finally got the chance to meet my family again! Thanks to the Hidden Village of Mist's latest technology, I don't have to wait until summer to meet them anymore! It's been so long, it feels weird to see them again. They all grew up so well, I should introduce you to them if you ever come here- that is, if you're free from your headmaster duties. Nami misses you a lot too, she can't wait to visit you guys soon. That should be really soon if I'm not mistaken. Who knows, by the time you're reading this sentence, we might already be here!

"Did Sakura accidentally gave him drunk pills or something? What did his last sentence mean-" Iruka ducked before the sharp kunai could reach his neck. He hid under his table, re-appearing to kick his opponent's leg down and to lock him in a headlock. He raised his brow as below him was the one and only Yu Kōri. "Your element of surprise skills is still low, Kōri. You really need to work on that."

"I was expecting you said that." With a smirk, a loud puff of smoke appeared as Iruka somehow ended up in a bundle of scrolls bonded tightly around him. "Instead of saying release, I had to take a wild guess on what would you say to break the jutsu. Pretty neat, huh?" The young counsellor jumped from the window to stand in front of the paralyzed headmaster. "I planned hard for this to work, you know. Even Nami didn't help."

"I have to admit. I'm impressed." Iruka stretched his arms once Kōri helped him out to escape the trap. "I guess having to hunt for survival really does help increase your wits. Even here, the ones from the Snow Islands are excelling very well compared to the Konoha children.

"We have to fight nature, not humans, so I guess that explains much. Besides," He pointed outside, to the peaceful village where they could see kids running down the streets. "The era of war is over, right? You guys have nothing to worry about much." Kōri took a deep breathe as he looked at the Hokage Rock, where now there were seven faces that stood tall shadowing the village. "The Snow Islands is still trying to walk carefully around diplomatic ties, but I guess the rumours about your former Hokage and the Queen did help protect us for a while."

Iruka snickered at the counsellor's comment. It all made sense in the end, on why Nami rejected Kakashi's proposal in the first place. Asides from the risk of Nami leaving the Island again, she went through to think of a whole lot more consequences. One of them being the Snow Islands to suddenly have a diplomatic bond with Konoha through marriage, which is probably one of the lowest moves a leader could make to strengthen their country. There are others too, some that when Iruka took a minute or two to think, really explained why the Queen had asked to give her a few years to 'reconsider' their failing relationship.