41 ; lost of trust

The boat sailed smoothly as the wind helped it increased its speed. Nami pulled her hood closer to her face. A few months ago she could have just travelled around by dying her hair. But now, not anymore.

She missed Konoha. Yes, for someone who hated the warmth and noise (sometimes) there... she really missed her home.

Guess this really does makes her a 'summer child', as quoted by Councillor Hachi.

Speaking of the councillors.... Nami slumped as she pinched her nose. What did she do in the past to deserve two very annoying councillors? The Queen of Snow Islands could not help but sigh as she remembered their quarrel a few hours ago.

They told her to marry some random Fuyuhana. The reason? "To restore the stained bloodline that your father had caused." That's what they said as they looked at her green orbs. Nami scoffed, finding that idea majestically stupid.

"That's just nonsense-"

"Now my queen." Councillor San interrupted her. "Do you think the citizens will accept you that easy? After disappearing for years, you expect them to accept that their queen used to be a shinobi? That she doesn't resemble their former rulers? That we just took someone who doesn't know a single thing about protocols and such to rule the sacred land of Snow Islands???"

"Even that mentally-disabled Natsu would have been better received than you, you twat."

Nami snapped at Hachi's remark as she punched the councillor. Deep in her heart she felt satisfaction upon watching blood oozing from the elder's nose.

"Never ever insult my family." She muttered softly. Nami was about to attack her once more when a hand strongly gripped her wrist. The princess groaned in pain before turning to her right to see the culprit who dared to touch her.

It was a shock to see blue-golden orbs greet her green eyes.

"Kōri???" The latter released his grip on the princess as he turned and bowed towards Councillor San. "I think it's time you send her away for awhile."

Kōri nodded at his command and ushered the confused princess away from the room. They could still hear the muffled curses of the elder woman, but ignored it anyway.

"What are you doing here? You..... don't tell me...."

"My Queen." Kōri looked at her in the eyes. Those eyes were so mesmerising as it sucked Nami into the endless hole within it. "I am here as your loyal servant." He tilted his head when Nami gave no response. "What? Are you that surprised, my Queen?"

"It's....." Flashbacks of Kōri fighting during the war popped out in her mind. "Weird. A man with skills like you should be better than a ....." She did not want to continue talking. Kōri could only give her an assuring smile.

"My Queen, my family has been doing this for some time now. I asked to join after the war so that I could see who I would serve too, you know. So I'm okay with it... I guess...." Kōri didn't realise that Nami had heard the last part of the sentence. She felt her heart ache upon hearing it.

He was a man of wits and strength.

He doesn't deserve to be a slave, especially after searching for the queen all by himself in war.

-----------

Upon reaching Konoha's (new) gates, Nami was in need of a bed and surprising, a hot drink. Her face was bloated due to her long nap throughout the journey. The moonlight shone the pathway, as if greeting her return. Nami turned to the shinobi that were guarding the gates and simply waved at them before she entered.

It was her home. Definitely.

She was only a few steps into Konoha when she heard someone calling her name. A smile appeared from her face as she ran towards a certain man with a scar along his nose. Their hug was brief but very, very meaningful.

"You're back so soon," Iruka patted her head. "Ah, I forgot that you're now royalty. Sorry, Your Majesty."

"Rude." That was the only word that Nami could have thought without strangling him alive. "Ah, something happened.. So I'm back here until I could gather up some strength to return." They walked along the busy streets of Konoha. Ever since the war ended, Konoha has been merrier than ever. With the buildings all completely rebuild, Konoha has been in its strongest state.

How lucky it is, to feel safe and sound. Without heaving the responsibility of a leader.

"Oh, Kakashi's not at Konoha. I almost forgot to tell you that." They both stopped to eat at a nearby restaurant. "He's having a meeting with the other Kages about the new warden at Blood Prison. He'll be back soon, I think."

"Blood Prison has a new warden? What happened to the old one?" She asked as their food had arrived.

"The old warden died. And she was apart of that attack on that flying aircraft that Kakashi saved. Hey, they say the new warden has Ice Style powers too! Funny, hearing how they describe her kinda reminds me of you-" Iruka stopped talking when he noticed Nami snapping her chopsticks.

"Oh... a female warden..... that Kakashi seems to have known. When did Kakashi even joined that thing? He didn't tell me anything about it. Or maybe I've forgot about it..."

"Nami..."

Come to think of it, Kakashi had never told her much about himself lately. Maybe they were both too busy. But they still had time to talk even if they were very short. And she always returns to Konoha every two weeks! But still..... Nami looked at Iruka with sadness in her green eyes.

"Iruka..... I feel like I haven't had a proper conversation with him for sometime now. He wouldn't do something during that aircraft thing... right?"

------------------------
so uhm this is the last arc of the story (just saying)
anyway!!!!!! if you guys have twitter do come and talk to me @/nalmimii
oh and errr happy new year now how do I get 80 HG because HAN JUMIN GDI

oh before I forget.... plz read my other fanfic its levixoc too but its a soulmate au because im soulmate au trash. byeeee