28 ; in building strength

i hate midterms

---------------
Kakashi's POV

I woke up to the sight of Nami sleeping soundly beside me. The blanket swallowed her small figure, letting the princess continue her deep dreams. I could not help myself as I twirled her hair with my finger while I kissed her cheeks. The princess was probably still over-exhausted.

Actually, I think everyone is at the verge of fatigue.

Rebuilding a village is no easy task. With Tsunade in a coma after using her chakra to the limit, the village is in great need of a new Hokage. Or a replacement, to be exact.

I myself was nominated for the position, but thankfully Danzou had offered himself to take the position. Why? Imagine me, being a Hokage and managing the village.

My thoughts were disturbed when I felt a pair of cold arms hugging me. My mouth crept up a happy smile as my eyes made contact with a pair of emerald eyes.

"Morning, Nami." She replied with a groan before pulling me closer to her. "Sad to be the one breaking the news, but we gotta go to work." Nami turned away, picking a pillow to cover her ears. I chuckled at her immature attitude. Who knew, the ice princess hated mornings this badly?

"I don't want to....." She grumbled softly. As much as I would love to cuddle with her, but duty really calls.

But then again, ain't I the type who arrives late for duty?

I pulled her closer back to me. The scent of snow and pine trees calmed my racing heartbeat. I inhaled her scent as deeply as I could, as if it was the last time I would be able to do this with her.

And speaking from past experiences, it might be.

Nami remained still, probably still too sleepy to process what's happening around her. Our pose lasted for a few minutes before the princess herself started to snuggle closer.

"Don't go." She whispered softly to my ears, pleading. "Stay with me." Her grip on my hand was slightly tighter, it breaks my heart a little to see the strong ice princess at her lowest point. I looked at her face, smudging away the single tear that ran down her cheeks.

"Honestly, I wouldn't want to leave you all alone. Really. But duty calls." Nami looked away, her tears were running down faster than before. Reluctantly forcing her to look at me, our distances grew closer as we finally kissed.

It was the first time I experienced a kiss like this with Nami. The urgency, grief, it was a mixture of emotions. Having the need of air, we broke our kiss. Both of us panted, her green eyes interlocking with mine for so long that time seem to have stopped.

Nami wiped her tear-stained face. "Sorry." She croaked. "You have much more important things to tend to than a whiny girl." Finally, Nami forced herself to leave the bed. I joined her seconds later as a knock was heard from the room.

"That... must be Naruto." I walked towards the door to see if my prediction was right. Well, there Naruto is. Banging the door demanding me to hurry up. I couldn't help but chuckle, guess Naruto is determined to save Sasuke.

---------------------------

"Promise me you'll stay safe." Kakashi rolled his single eye for the thousandth time as he nodded. Nami grinned happily as they both stood by the village gates.

"Make sure you help rebuild Konoha, alright princess?" They both ignored Naruto and Yamato who were waiting for Kakashi as they spent their last moments together in peace. "I will." Nami giggled softly, Kakashi caressed her hair one last time before he finally dashed pass the gates and catch up to Naruto and Yamato.

Nami watched from afar. The wind sang in a soft tone as her hair danced to its beat. Her thoughts were full of the Copy-Nin, hoping that he would be just fine where ever he's going.

"Ahh... so the rumours are true." Nami looked around and was greeted by two shadows. The ice princess took two steps backwards as she prepared her fighting stance.

"Oh young child, seems like you have forgotten us." The soft feminine voice sighed as both the figures took down their hoods. Nami's eyes widened the second she saw both of them had snow white hair, with a slight black hair dyed on a few strands of it. And they look..... old.

"Well, now that you seemed to have forgotten us, let me remind you once more who we are." The elder man, who had been quiet most of the time let out a small tsk.

Both of them walked towards Nami in a few seconds. The woman held the princess's cheeks and examined her eyes carefully. The woman crinkled her wrinkled forehead as she sighed loudly.

"My child, what a beautiful Fuyuhana you are. Never imagined there would be someone way more beautiful than Natsu... If only you had your father's eyes...." Nami's breathed hitched. How did the know? Who were the-

"I am Councillor Hachi and that is my twin, Councillor San. We are the councillors for the Snow Kingdom." Councillor Hachi smiled so eagerly, she looked like she was a young child sharing good news.

"And I think, it's finally time for our princess to return to her throne."

---------------------------

"This mission is very important, for the sake of her future and others Kakashi. I hope you understand." Sandaime invited Kakashi to sit down.

"I love Fuyu as if she is my own child, it hurts me to see her so weak just from using her own gift." Kakashi scoffed, remembering Fuyu's reaction when he said the same thing. "So... what would you like me to do, Sandaime?"

"Train her. Watch her. Protect her. Save her from the cursed side effect of an Ice wielder. As much as she is a hot-headed ninja, she's definitely has a soft heart. Probably doesn't show it to just anyone." Sandaime glanced again at the frame with eyes filled with sadness.

"I don't know about you, but it is obvious she isn't from Konoha. One day, she'll definitely return back to where she came from. I just hope you'll........... well, stick by her side until the end."

"Kakashi? You seem to be out of focus," Yamato interrupted as they were sprinting towards the Land of Iron. Kakashi remained silent. He was in no mood to talk to anyone.

"Must be about Fuyu, am I right?" Yamato tried to cheer Kakashi up only to fail miserably. The Hatake let out a small hum to reply Yamato.

"She'll be safe back in Konoha. Don't worry."

'It's not that I'm worrying about.' bThe Copy Nin stopped his steps to take a thirty second break.

'Honestly, I'm afraid she returns to the Snow Islands without saying goodbye first.' He left the sentence unspoken, leaving Yamato in curiousity.

-------------------
the next few parts will be tat interesting eheheheheheh 💕