45 ; a surprising news

since everyone says they hate kakashi, here's a kakashi pov just for you <3
and if you ask me who's my favorite character here- it's Kōri. You'll know why <3
Thank you for giving this book a lot of love!!! And do continue loving the book!!!
-------

The sounds of the two birds chirping outside of his office seemed to mock him. But then again, maybe they are. The Hokage could only sigh as he slumped back into his seat. His life was a complete mess. Kakashi groaned, wondering what mistake did he do in the past to be punished this way.

It was like he was in a trance. Maybe he was in a trance. He had never seen Kahyo as someone special in his eye, how did they end up in the same bed together? Did he see a little of Nami in her? Kakashi wanted to kill himself at that moment. No, even a blind person or Naruto could see the huge difference between the two woman. Both of them are like the sky and earth, yet they were both gifted in their respective skills.

He hurt Nami's heart. No, he broke it. Shattered it into a thousand pieces. He ruined the heart of a princess who had lost so much and was just trying to relearn how it was to be loved and love.

Kakashi has always been called a genius, but now he felt down right stupid.

A creak disturbed him from his depression. The Hokage looked up and his face darkens in an instant. Great, another reason to be more guilty just had to pop out now, hadn't it?

Iruka came inside with a few papers in his hand. The chuunin had been offered to become the Principal of the Ninja Academy a few weeks after Kakashi became Hokage and he had been very busy ever since. The younger ninja slammed the papers on his desk, eyes not wanting to look at him at all.

"The Academy is almost done renovating. All you need to do is sign these papers and we can start enrolling kids once again." In an instant, the silver-haired took the papers and signed it. He could feel Iruka's deathly glare looking at him directly, a mental attempt to rip him to shreds. "I take that you're still mad at me, Umino."

"Mad? I'm pissed, Hokage-sama." He noted the sarcasm in Iruka's tone. "You promised you'll protect her, you'll love her a lot and cherish her. And the second she goes back to become a queen you just had to go off with some enemy you happened to meet on a ship?? With that stupid reason that you're lonely??? What the hell is that??" It was his first time witnessing Iruka snapped, the Hokage could only remain silent.

He deserved all the blame.

"You should be grateful that she loves you a lot- I would have done anything just for her to look at me like how she looks at you." Iruka's last sentence was nearly audible. Kakashi wasn't surprised with his confession- Iruka's crush on her was pretty obvious. He actually thought that the chuunin would fight for her, but he didn't. "Iruka.."

"I didn't fight because she looks so happy with you. You weren't with her ever since her childhood days but I can assure she always smiles the brightest with you. She sees you as the sun, a source of her strength. You reborn her into... a human. Something that I couldn't." The brunette let the tears rolled down his cheeks. "It would be wrong for me to take that happiness away."

The office became silent once again, Iruka's sobs only breaking the eerie atmosphere once in a while. Both of them were numb and lost, worried sick about the broken princess's condition and whereabouts.

"I'm sorry. I really am." Kakashi kept his voice from breaking. "I didn't know what kind of force seemed to control my body when I did it. And the fact that...." No, Iruka can't know. That will only make the situation worse.

"What fact? No more secrets, Kakashi. You can't run anymore. You did this to yourself." The older swallowed his saliva, he was afraid to see Iruka's reaction if he confessed. Would the chuunin kill him? Or would he be disappointed with him for the rest of his life? Somehow he rather dies than see that look of hatred on one if his most trusted comrades.

"Kill me, Iruka. We've.. never slept together yet. I mean, as in intimately. We planned to once the war was over although.."

Iruka could have gotten scolded for disrespecting the Hokage. He couldn't care less as he slapped Kakashi hard.

"I.. I don't know what to say anymore. This is absurd ! How could you??? How could you do that??? Poor Nami...." The mark of Iruka's hand lingered for a long period of time. He didn't fight back. He deserved all of this very well. "I- I- I've realized my mistake."

"Realising now doesn't mean Nami would forgive you easily!! Heck, we don't even know if she's at the Snow Islands or lost!!! Did you realize she was losing her control on her powers at the prison?!!??" The quarrel between the two men was interrupted by a noise from the computer beside the table. Ah, as modernisation started to occur in the Shinobi World, the leaders have used transmissions to convey their messages and requests. The Hokage opened the computer- eyes widen at the person who greeted him.

That blue-gold iris greeted him the same. Calm yet cunning seemed to scream from his eyes. Iruka raised a brow, confused.

"Hello there, Hokage-sama and random brunette shinobi. I am Kōri." So this is the guy Kakashi accused Nami of cheating with? Iruka took an overall scan upon him. A pretty one.

"I'm surprised the Snow Islands have this modern technology, I thought it was confidential," Kakashi responded in a bored tone. Kōri snickered at his remark, his eyes glowing with mischief. "Please Hokage-sama, our technology here could surpass all of yours once the Queen is throned soon. And I'm actually not in the Snow Islands now, did you know getting your reception was tricky? I had to travel to the Mizukage's office and-"

"You're at the Mizukage's office?" Iruka's jaw dropped. "Shouldn't you be caught by now?" Again, Kōri let out a soft laugh when hearing the Umino's remark. "Ah, we've never met. But let's just say I have some unique skills of my own. Anyway, I'm not an enemy, brunette shinobi. I actually did all this to ask a question."

"My name is Umino Iruka. And could this be a question about your queen?"

"Yes, it is. Hmmm... How should I say this...." Kōri tapped his fingers on his chin. His jet black hair had grown longer than before, reaching passed his shoulder a bit. "Ah! Did something happen to the queen when she came back to Konoha?" Both the Hokage and the principal looked at each other. Iruka gave a calm look while Kakashi was sweating profusely.

"Well? Did something happen? I don't have all the time here, you know."

Kakashi rolled his eyes at the latter's impatience. "Why do you even bother asking us anyway?"

"Oh, it's nothing- just that the queen stopped rebelling the councilors and suddenly announced she was going to marry some random Fuyuhana after becoming queen. They're engaged now. And all that happened after she returned from Konoha. Oh but that's no sudden news to you guys, right?"