51; sing to the sky

it's been.... more than 2 months..... i'm sorry....

"Now what do we do?"

"I don't know... Don't ninjas always have to prepare in case scenarios like these happened during missions?" Kōri took a closer look at the deserted bed. It's been a long time since it was occupied, it seemed, judging from the amount of dust that had gathered on the Queen's pillow. Iruka looked lost, hesitated for a second before he answered the swordsman's question. "I didn't expect this kind of scenario to happen if I have to be frank...."

"There must be something we've accidentally look through!!" Kōri sat on the soft, big mattress as he calmed his breathing. "Come on, Kōri, think." The chuunin observed his partner before he investigated the whole room. The bedroom gave out an aura that seemed off to him, there wasn't that warm aura that Nami usually radiates every second. They couldn't give up now, Nami needs them- no, this whole kingdom needs them. If they couldn't save Nami, goodness, he didn't want to imagine the after effects.....

He looked back at the silent Kōri. Though it was small, he could see that the younger's hands were shaken quite intense. Of course, he would be scared by now. His queen is missing and all hopes seem to be lost by now. Iruka sat next to him as he tried to soothe down the servant's panic attack. "Take a few deep breathes, Kōri. You can't think if you're in a panicking mood. I can't pull some magic tricks like you guys so this is the only thing I could do to help."

'Magic....' Kōri's breath started to slow down. The Snow Islands... Magic.... That's it!

The young swordsman finally managed to clear his mind- hands still shaking but not as vigorous as before. He left the bed, walked towards one of the walls and placed his hands on it. As his hand glowed, he whispered a silent plea to the gods to help him.

"Please, let my brother's sacrifice be worth it."

The light covered the whole room before it disappeared into thin air the next ten seconds. A few minutes past before a taper-sty on the other side of the wall fell off to reveal a newly built hidden tunnel.

"Well, look's like that's our Plan B. Didn't know you could pull a magic trick too. I thought you could only make winds and hurricanes only."

"This land-" Kōri started sensing a powerful aura the second they entered the tunnel. Nami must be at the end of this tunnel. "- is a gift for us. Literally, as long as we're standing on this land, we're connected to each other; we can sense auras and send impulses and such." He looked at the faint light across them, a finish line waiting for its participants to walk through it.

"And I believe, the Queen is just on the other side."

———————

"Are you planning to kill the girl after marrying her?" Kakashi's face was as red as it was when he remembered seeing Nami killed by her own aunt during the war. No, he couldn't lose her again. Never ever.

Kuro let out a loud laughter as he inched closer to the Hokage. "Why kill her when you can trap her and make a doll? Let her see how I'm going to turn the kingdom she abandoned for years into a utopia. Do you really think we would accept someone who's been exposed to the bloody shinobi ways to become our leader when we only prioritise peace and harmony?"

"That's not what Kōri said." Kakashi felt bad for bringing up the swordsman's name but desperate times call for some sacrifices.

"I knew I should have killed him when I sliced his brother's neck." Kuro's eyes darkened as he let out a few ice swords from behind. "Enough chit-chat, I have to kill you before meeting my soon-to-be wife."