31 ; the fourth war

I gripped the headband in my hand. The kanji shinobi was carved so elegantly in it, I felt like it was too precious to wear it all of a sudden. Slowly, I walked towards the third division, in which Sakura was healing(?) Guy while Rock Lee assisted her. The sight itself was hilarious to be honest. I chuckled to myself.

"Oh, Fuyu!" Sakura called me after she finished dealing with Gai. "You're in the third division too? That's awesome!!!"

Pretty sure this is Kakashi's work, though. My mind spoke. I turned around, looking for the Copy Nin himself.

"Excuse me, are you perhaps... the Ice Princess of Konoha?" A sudden male voice appeared from behind us, surprising us in the process. We both turned around to see a tall man with ash black hair smiling at us. Creepy.

"Uhm.. yes I am? Why-" My eyes stopped at the colour of his eyes. It was that Snow Islands shade of blue, only his had a faint gold ring outside his iris. "You're from the Snow Islands." I stated.

"Ah~ I've been caught." The guy still had a smile plastered to his face. "I just thought that I should help in the war. Everyone in the Snow Islands went into hiding because of the news."

"But isn't the Snow Islands like... far from the Land of Frost?" My mouth gasped open when I remembered the Snow Islands had some territories there.

"Seems like you know the answer, my princess." I pulled us further from Sakura, mouthing I'll be back in a few minutes. "My name is Yu Kōri. My clan has been serving the Fuyuhana royalty for a decade now."

"But I'm not a Fuyuhana." Kōri laughed at Nami's rebuttal. "Cut the act. I always knew the Ice Princess was you, ever since Konoha Crush. I wanted to meet you so bad, so I went to Konoha. It was a hard journey when you were from the other side of the map. The second I reached Konoha a few weeks ago, they said you were joining the war. So why not?"

"And you went through all that just to..."

"Revive the duties of my clan."

"I'm not even sure I want to be the queen."

"You have to. The citizens, they're waiting. Besides, it's better that you take the throne than them." Our eyes accidentally locked with each other. Goodness, the gold ring in his eyes was really mesmerising- 

An uproar occurred a few rows in front of me. Guess it'll take time for all the five villages to be one.........

The sudden sand that exploded silent the two ninjas. Gaara looked pissed, before throwing a really heartwarming speech about Naruto. I had to look away, realising this war was about protecting Naruto. Sakura, whom had stand beside me held my arm. She too must be touched by the speech right?

Gaara's speech ended. We were all required to move to our respective stations.

This is it. War.

-----------------------------

We reached our stations in quick time. Kakashi as the leader told everyone to rest, we will head out probably quite soon. I, on the other hand was in no mood to rest, as I sat on a rock, observing the stars.

After this war finishes, I'll have to go straight back to the Snow Islands and be queen. Thinking on how to actually manage a kingdom and its territory and living up to the expectations of the citizens. I can't run away anymore, I've been checkmated.

Suddenly the idea of dying in the war now sounds quite brilliant.

"I haven't seen you sit on a rock for a long time." I turned around and gave Kakashi a small smile. He sat on the rock beside me and joined in my stargazing activity.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked softly. He held my cheeks with pure tenderness, eyes looking at mine with worry.

"Is it about being queen again?" I nodded. He shortened our distance and placed his head on my shoulder. "You'll do fine, Nami."

"But-"

"You can always visit Konoha if time permits you. Heck, I'll follow you to the Snow Islands too." My cheeks flustered at his words.

"I... well... if you think you can survive then who am I to object. Thank you Kakashi."

"Hmm." We both remained silent for awhile. The stars shone at its brightest tonight, probably giving a chance for everyone to watch it- before dying tomorrow.

"You also seemed to be interested in that black haired dude with the sword." I wanted to object, but then remembering Kōri's eyes, my cheeks flushed.

"Speak." Kakashi growled. It was the first time I heard such a response from him. Could it be...... he's jealous. Oh my, he might be jealous.

"He uhm... wants to serve me when I become queen." I held my laughter so bad- which made Kakashi pissed off to be honest.

"Other people can be your advisor, Nami. Don't trust him."

"You don't have to be jealous. I..." I was never a person to confess about my feelings, I guess.  "I-"

Kakashi cut off my words as he placed his lips on mine. I melted into the kiss away, enjoying every second of it. Who knows, this might be our last.

We broke our kiss. My face was as pink as Sakura's hair. Our gaze remained intact. I was flustered. Definitely flustered.

"Please don't die tomorrow. Intentionally or not." Kakashi finally talked. "As much as I know you think dying is the best solution. It isn't."

"I... don't want to lose anybody else anymore." His hand automatically went to my cold cheeks. "You're the last one I have. So please...."

"I'll try my best. For you." For the first time in years, I smiled one of the widest smile I could ever do.

I let my mind linger on post war activities if both of us survived. We get to spent more time together, right? The thought itself made me smile even more.

If it means a future with you, then I won't die, Hatake.

---------------------------
dedicating this chapter for @Faggots101 !!! thank you for actually driving me to update (tbh i was going to abandon this until exams are over which is like... 6 months more. lol)

so i wont be updating soon bcs goodness this book has a lot of updates in a week. so im going to focus on portrait and fragile memories (do check them out. esp portrait ;;;)