30 ; the final countdown

p/s : thank u for 3k!
cant wait for exid's new album hnnng

--------------------------

My lips curled up the second I spotted the small figure sleeping soundly on our bed. I always enjoyed watching Nami sleep, she looks so calm and peaceful- which is by far from her attitude outside.

I sat next to her in bed, still reluctant wether I should wake her up or not. So I spent the next three minutes gazing at her, taking in every inch of her small face and saving it in my memory. She seemed to stir a little, probably sensing someone was looking at her. Her eyes opened, the shining emerald greeted my black orbs.

"I'm home." I pulled down my mask and pecked her forehead. With a smile, my eyes curled up as she softly whispered "Welcome back." to me.

Ah, it really is nice to have somebody waiting for your return from a mission.

"How was the mission?" She tied her hair as she sat up facing me. "Was it okay?"

"Danzo died." The atmosphere around us suddenly went from lively to dull. "He... uhm... got killed by Sasuke." The mood did not brighten one bit. "Sad man got away before the meeting started though."

"Then, who represented Konoha for the Summit? That same person would be the next Hokage, right??" Nami took my forehead protector of me and placed it away before ruffling my hair.

"That.... would be me." I watched as Nami stopped ruffling my hair. She blinked a few times before she cracked up.

"What?" The laughter did not subdued. The princess continued laughing until she fell of the bed. Nami wiped the single tear in her eye.

"It's nothing. Just that, the lazy and slacker Hatake Kakashi is going to be Hokage." She continued laughing on the floor before I stood in front of her and locked our eyes together. Her emerald eyes always seem to be able to suck me into a new world.

"How about you? Did anything interesting happened?" She suddenly turned a bit restless at my question. Probably something did happened, but she wouldn't want to tell me.

Oh well.

"Two people from the Snow Islands approached me." My eyes widened upon the news. "They told me to go back, be the queen and all." She played with the strands of hair that weren't neatly tied. How cute.

"And?"

"I... agreed." She looked away from me, ashamed of herself for sure. "I told then I'll go after Konoha is fully re-established, though." I cupped her cheeks and forced her to look at me.

My nightmare was coming to a reality. She's leaving. She's leaving Konoha.

"...Can't you talk out of this?" I begged. My heart cracked a little when she shook her head. "This means..."

"I know." Nami's eyes had started to get watery. "I know." She hugged me, her hands gripped onto me so tightly. "I'm sorry, I really am." She sobbed loudly. I refrained myself from crying, but a single teardrop managed to break loose.

When I start my job as the temporary Hokage, we'll have lesser time to be together. And when everything in Konoha finally returns to normal, she'll leave.