13 ; a surprise present

Her body still couldn't move, but judging from how scared these two ninjas in front of her are, she concluded that whoever was out there was either a) deadly or b) a ghost. Fuyu remained slumped as the two ninjas took their defense. "Well, looks like someone is scared." The two ninjas gave her a death glare as she taunted them. Ninja 2 poked Ninja 1, "Get her out of here as soon as you can, I'll distract him." Without wasting any time, Ninja 1 took Fuyu and ran towards the dark forest.

Meanwhile, Ninja 2 was about to pee himself as the cloaked man approach him. "You know, it would have been way better if you chose to escape."

The unlucky ninja's scream filled the entire forest. His partner in crime seemed more afraid then a few minutes ago as he ran in a faster speed. It was a hard task if you wanted to run and carry a person who was very, very cold. "Thank goodness you're really light. I think I would die just from carrying you." Fuyu bit the cloth hard until it was torn.

"Excuse me? But that is just... RUDE." Fuyu snapped at him. Suddenly, she could feel her fingers once again. So Fuyu did what she had to do.

Plucking her delicate fingers, a small wall of ice suddenly appeared in front of them. Surprised, the ninja accidently kicked a stone and slammed himself into the wall. Fuyu flew from his hold and fell on the ground with a really loud thud. "I'm suddenly glad I couldn't feel my body. That would have hurt." The ninja immediately recovered himself and ran to carry Fuyu again before the girl moved her fingers again, sending a few ice needles flying towards him.

"That, was for the constant violation of privacy." She was able to move her hands now. She flicked her hand as a few more ice daggers shoot towards him. "That, was for the rude comments about me." How she wished she could move her arms, she would have sent a blizzard at him now. Slamming her hand on the ground, she cast an ice wall around herself, hiding her from the ninja. She was actually debating if she should just sleep in here until her whole body could move again when she heard a really feminine scream and a soft thud. She held her breath as she heard the sounds of footsteps slowly getting louder.

"It's safe now, you can come out."

That voice. Fuyu gave the ground a soft pat as the ice wall slowly fell down. She couldn't stop smiling as her eyes locked with Kakashi's eyes at that particular moment. "Hello there." He simply greeted the young girl.

---------------------------------

The trip back to Konoha was really quiet. Fuyu could only blame it on herself, though. She was too embarrassed to talk. How could she not be embarrassed when the Copy Nin was carrying her in a bridal style?

Besides, the Copy Nin didn't seem like he wanted to start a conversation himself too. They moved in pure silence, the only sounds made were the crickets singing in the dark. Fuyu couldn't help and hum along to the melody of the crickets. Even Kakashi didn't seem to mind as he watched the girl in his arms.

A few paces later, Kakashi stopped walking. Fuyu tried to move her head to see what had caused him to stop walking. She wasn't surprised that they had reached the clearing where she was almost....

"This place actually brings me memories." Softly, Kakashi started to approach a really old tree in front of him. "I actually almost died here, exactly five years ago."

Fuyu did not bother hiding her gasp.

"I was out numbered by this troop of ninja. And at that time, my chakra level was so low, I used it up just to hide behind this particular tree." He placed his hand on the tree as if it was a dear friend of his. "At that time, I was an ANBU. I thought I would die as an ANBU. Dying without knowing what is it to feel happiness in my life and such, I was quite sad. That is until an angel came from out of nowhere."

"Help came in a really odd way. I felt this sudden coldness. But it was... soothing and calm at the same time. My eyes looked up to see a young girl standing in front of me. The girl.. she could control ice, that was the first thing my mind registered. Although I was thinking, how could a girl as small as her defeat a troop of high skilled ninjas?"

"And then I saw her attacks. It was graceful and really, really beautiful. I know, this probably sounds weird, but she seemed like she was.. dancing. And... well, I guess I was quite starstruck by her." Fuyu continued to remain silent as Kakashi continued to tell his story.

"She defeated the whole troop in a minute if I'm not mistaken. I could still remember the glint of sapphire sparkling from her eyes. Her eyes were a mystery itself. It didn't give away one bit of her emotions at all. I really wanted to look at her face, to look at the owner of those sapphire eyes. Alas, she knocked me out and left."

"I didn't tell a single soul about her. She was like a little secret I hid away from everyone. After that incident, I was released from ANBU. Did you want to know the first thing I do? I went around Konoha, asking if they've ever seen a girl with sapphire eyes that could manipulate ice. And then I went to other villages, some during my leisure time while some during missions. For five years, I've searched for her. It was torture and pain, to be in love with someone just from her eyes."

"All the girls that threw themselves to me thought I was gay because I didn't seem interested with them. How could I? My heart was stolen away for five years. What I thought was just some simple admiration turned into something.... complex."

"Actually, I almost gave up... until I met you."

"Your gestures reminded me of the little girl. Not to mention your speed and fighting skills. I thought I was hallucinating, maybe that I wanted to meet the girl until I imagined you were her...... "

"Until my eyes turned sapphire, I presumed?" Kakashi nodded at Fuyu's interuption. He seemed to held her in a more tender way now, if it was possible. He stood in the middle of the clearing, lifting the girl's chin upwards and let her watch the stars above them.

"The moment your eyes changed, I knew it was you. For years I've been looking, I finally found it. My Ice Princess." He slowly closed the distance between their faces. His coal eyes locked with her green orbs, trapping her in an unknown prison far within her.

"Fuyu, I love you." Kakashi pulled down his mask and sealed Fuyu's lips with a soft kiss.