01 ; a new jounin

I do not own anyone in the story except for a few characters and the plot of the story. I'm also sorry if some of the characters seem out of character. hehe. This is my first time writing after, I don't know... three years?

----------------------------

Five years later...

"There you are!! I've been worried sick!"

Fuyu turned around, watching Iruka running towards her. "I've been looking everywhere for you!! Seriously Fuyu, I don't understand why do you like sitting on the Hokage Rock. And I couldn't understand more why does the third Hokage allow you to sit on his head freely-"

"I asked for permission. " Fuyu answered coldly. She kept staring at the sun, finally setting down after a whole day.

"Besides," She continued. "He knows I like to watch sunsets here." She watched as the sky changed from orange to purple before finally changing to black. She looked at the Umino once more. "I'm done." She muttered monotonously. Iruka sighed. "You are one weird person, Fuyu. Come on, let's have dinner. My treat."

"But you already treated me two days ago." She stood up. Iruka was always treating her, much to her guilt (since she doesn't use much money herself). "And I was thinking of cooking tonight. " She remembered the unattended groceries on her kitchen counter and turned to her left to walk home.

"W-WAIT!!! Let me accompany you!!" Fuyu rolled her eyes as they walk together to Fuyu's residence.

"So......." Iruka started the conversation, as usual. "Congrats Fuyu!!!!!!!" Fuyu halted her pace, staring at Iruka as if he was a mad man. "What? You're a jonin now, right? Even you have surpassed me...." The girl gave a rather loud sigh, surprising the man in front of her before leaving him behind.

Honestly, she did not expect to be promoted to jounin this quickly. Sure she wasn't the youngest to achieve the jonin rank, but she would prefer her rank to be kept a secret as long as she could. Not to mention that she had just returned to Konoha a few weeks ago after seven years. Hastily she entered the apartment before slamming it carelessly. Fuyu let her snow-white hair down before landing herself on the couch. Well, I should start making dinner, I guess.... She hummed softly to herself. After a few minutes, she walked lazily to the kitchen and prepared dinner for two.

Iruka was outside Fuyu's apartment, staying as far as he could from the front door. Who knows what kind of seals has she made just to avoid intruders. He mumbled about her wanting too much personal privacy and shrieked when the door opened. He looked at Fuyu, who was not in her uniform staring at him coldly. "If you're done talking bad about me, I guess you can walk inside and have dinner."

Iruka followed her inside.

It was his first time inside his fellow friend's apartment. As expected from a girl who lives alone, her apartment is clean well-organised. Iruka noticed the lack of photographs around him. He opened his mouth to ask but closed it again. She must have solid reasons, he smiled as Fuyu served their dinner. They ate dinner quietly, ignoring each other as they both devoured their dinner with a speed of lightning.

"When will you start your missions?" Fuyu hummed as a reply for Iruka's question. Seeing Iruka was pissed, Fuyu decided to answer it anyway. "Tomorrow." They talked about various topics as they finished cleaning the dishes later. Looking at the time, Iruka finally returned home, bidding Fuyu good night and best of luck for the mission tomorrow.

"Please take care of yourself. Jonin missions are often dead-"
Fuyu slammed the door in his face. She slowly strode towards her bedroom. Before she knew it, Fuyu was fast asleep.

----------------------------------------

Fuyu left her apartment in the brick of dawn. She took in a deep breath as she analysed the streets. Strange, she could feel someone watching her. Carelessly, she took out a kunai before throwing it to the rooftop of the building opposite of her apartment. Iruka's scream had filled the morning sky. Fuyu rolled her eyes before jumping on the particular roof. Landing precisely in front of Umino Iruka, Fuyu barked at him.

"What are you doing here?" Iruka looked up to a very pissed off Fuyu.

"I was just going to watch you go to the Hokage's office. That's all." He stood up, looking down at the young girl in front of him. Fuyu groaned. "Iruka-san," She literally hissed at the last word.

"I am 19 years old. I think I can manage myself just fine."

Fuyu turned to leave, but Iruka took her hand, stopping her from leaving just yet. She turned to gave another death glare but Iruka ignored her. He looked at Fuyu up and down, smiling before he finally spoke.

"Stay safe." Fuyu gave no response before she turned away, muttering a simple goodbye and running towards the Hokage's office.

She was running late. And it was all thanks to Iruka.

Hiruzen looked up upon hearing his door opened. A very tired looking Fuyu entered the door. She took a deep breath before collapsing beside the door. "I... hate that punk." After catching her breath, she looked towards the Hokage who was watching her the whole time. The Hokage gave her a warm smile. "It's been a long time since I saw you. How are you?" She gave him a small smile. "I've been better, honestly." She remembered Iruka's little drama this morning. "I was planning to reach here early so I could talk with you, but....." Hiruzen chuckled, disturbing her from talking. "Iruka?"

Fuyu groaned and nodded. Hiruzen looked at the young kunoichi in front of him and smiled before returning to work. "So, this will be your first mission as a jonin. It's quite simple actually. You just have to escort someone to Kumogakure. That won't be a problem, right?"

"Although....." He added.  "I assigned two people for this mission. The client had requested for your partner, but I thought he could use some help later." Fuyu softly sighed. Great, a partner. "Don't worry." Hiruzen assured her. "He's a nice man. Only.... he should really report himself for duty now........" Their conversation came to a halt as the door opened. "Ah, there he is!" She turned around, her brows raised a little after looking at his partner.

Who knew, her partner for her very first mission would be the famous Hatake Kakashi.