29 ; a sacrifice made

"What's the matter, princess? You don't want to go home?" Hachi asked softly. Nami turned to her surroundings, thank goodness there was nobody here.

"Could you not use that title? I'm just a normal kunoichi." San snorted while Hachi shook her head. "Kunoichi? Nami dear, you were born to rule. You are a Fuyuhan-" Nami ran towards Hachi and held her mouth shut.

"So.... no wonder we couldn't trace you. A change of identity, I see?" San gave out a soft yawn, judging the princess in front of him.

"Can the both of you just shut up and leave Konoha?" Nami hissed.

"We're not leaving without our queen. We can do this the easy way or the hard way, Nami." Nami cringed the second they used her real name. Yup, it was weird hearing someone other than Kakashi call her that.

Sighs, please let that sass man be okay.

"Hard way?" The ice princess snorted. "I'm sorry, but I would be insulted for years if they know I'm fighting with an old guy." Heck, that was probably the only reason I never fought with Sandaime.

"Old? Well... let's see who's talking later." San slammed his hand to the ground as thousands of ice spikes came towards the princess. Surprised, she jumped towards the nearest tree and barely survived the ice spikes. "Tch, really?????" She dashed towards the gates- she did not want to be the one to clean all the mess inside later.

Ice spikes came from every direction. The kunoichi fought back with her kunai and hiding in the trees. She did not want to use her Ice Release in front of him at all, it's too...... risky? Nami sighed as she used her last kunai to block the last three ice spikes aiming at her.

"Nice reflex, princess." San ran towards her, hand covered in a spiky ice glove. "You wouldn't want to hurt an old man, right?"

"NOW THAT IS JUST RUDE." Nami twirled around, strands of her hair slightly cut by the annoying councillor.

She dodged and dodged, running and hiding away from San. Her breathes were getting unstable. "No, Nami." She muttered to herself, it was too dangerous to use her gift.

"Come on, come on princess." San sprinted towards Nami's current hiding place. "Oops. Here you are." He scratched the princess's perfect face- or it used to be. A long scar ran from her right cheek to her neck. San smiled sheepishly, proud that he could catch the queen off guard.

"I wouldn't be too proud, if I were you." Nami gave him a cold-hearted smile as a liquid flowed out from the scar. Wait, was that liquid?

A silhouette appeared out of nowhere, slamming San to the ground. The man turned to where Nami stood just now, she was beginning to crack in a thousand pieces.

It was an ice clone.

San looked up to see the person who had beaten him. He wanted to attack, but he felt his hands restrained by... ice cuffs?

"Sighs, you know, thank goodness we're out of the gates." Nami gave out another loud sigh. The wind blew hastily through them, showing the kunoichi's messed up hair. "And now I need to fix my hair." She turned towards Hachi, whose jaw dropped upon looking at her.

"What?" Nami turned to San, who had the same reaction.

"Long live the ice queen." San softly muttered, slowly followed by Hachi. Nami was dumbfounded, before she had an idea and looked at her reflection in an ice spike.

Her blue eyes greeted her. Well, that explains most of it.

"Much, much more beautiful than Natsu." Hachi smiled like a proud mom.

"With excellent fighting skills too." San added. Nami closed her eyes, returning them to her highly preferable emerald, upsetting the councillors in the same time. "Interesting." Hachi nodded in approval.

"Yeah yeah. So you failed using the hard way." She tapped on the ice cuffs below her. "So I'm guessing you'll be using the soft way?" She turned her heel and started making her way back to Konoha before-

"Your father would be very, very disappointed with you." Nami stopped walking, she remained still at the mention of her father. Hachi sneered, finally detecting the princess's weakness. "Honestly, Haru would have bring the Snow Islands to its wonderful glory. Alas, he prefers marrying someone different from him. Oh well, his lost. Idiot."

"Don't talk about dad like that." Nami's voice shook as she tried to finish her sentence. She bit her lip, feeling a pang of guilt washing her entire body.

Would her father cry if she did not became queen?

"Reconsidering, are we?"

She gave the councillors a death glare. Suddenly, her memories flashed the beautiful scenery of the Snow Islands during her visit. She remembered having the urge to protect the land until her last breathe.

Maybe she is born to be the queen.

"I...... I guess I can't run anymore." Hachi was taken aback with her statement, surely she was preparing herself for more rebelling and fighting.

"Great! We can go now!! It's best we go now since-"

"I didn't say I'll leave now." Nami rolled her eyes. "Do you think it's easy to leave the home you come to know and love?" Her thoughts went to Iruka, Kurenai, Sakura and Kakashi. "Besides, Fuyuhana or not, I was born here. So I should help in restoring Konoha to its former glory. Then, I'll go."

"How do we know you're not lying?" San asked from the ground. Nami had gotten so pissed with him she unaccidently stepped on his fingers, just for fun.

"I won't." She closed her eyes, fighting the strong urge to cry in front if them. Suddenly she felt like destroying Konoha and rebuilding it again. "I promise." She said, with a heavy and sad heart.

---------------------
hachi and san plays an important role in the last few chapters of this book.
so all is left is the war arc and post war

prepare your tissues because we are going full speed into war countdown and then; the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!