06 ; a big decision

The next day, Sandaime had called all the jounin for a sudden meeting. Fuyu entered the room with a tissue in her hand. She sneezed quietly, trying not to attract much attention to herself. "Ah, what a day to catch a cold," She muttered softly. She was surprised when another tissue appeared in front of her. "You're sick. You shouldn't have attended." Fuyu thanked Kurenai for the tissue, sniffing in the process. "Besides, it's probably about the chuunin examinations. You haven't led a squad yet, haven't you?" Fuyu shook her head. Kurenai smiled at her as they walked together towards the center of the room.

She watched as Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai nominate their teams for the chuunin exams. She was shocked when Kakashi had given Iruka a harsh response when Iruka opposed the nominations. Alas, she couldn't do much but sneeze. After the meeting ended, she approached Iruka and cheered him up monotonously. "You have to trust the kids you know, or not why would you have let them graduated in the first place?" Iruka smiled, and she left him alone and walked back home as soon as possible. Her body felt like it was burning at the moment.

The second Fuyu reached her apartment, she collapsed at the floor of her apartment.

------------------------------------------

Iruka's hands immediately rose the second he placed it on Fuyu's forehead. "She's burning." He quickly placed a wet cloth on her forehead. He could actually see steam coming out from the contact. "It's almost a month, her fever isn't getting any better." The medical-nin had tried their best to heal her, but to no avail. Iruka sighed, remembering the moment he found Fuyu unconscious at her apartment. He looked at the clock, Naruto's match was about to begin. "Please get well soon, I'm worried." He closed the hospital room and left.

The room was as silent as the dead. The unconscious kunoichi resting well in her bed.

Until she was interrupted by a loud bombing coming from the building beside her.

Fuyu's body immediately jerked upwards. She turned to her window and watched as tons of ninjas had suddenly appeared out of the blue.
Looking at their forehead protector, she was confident these weren't Konoha shinobis. She felt uneasy with the warmth inside her body, feeling the wet cloth only to be completely dried up.

Another bomb had dropped, shaking the hospital building aggressively. Hastily, Fuyu ran to the door, only to notice it was locked. "Who the hell locks hospital rooms?!??!!!?"

She tried kicking it, only to be attacked by the door's hidden traps. She kicked the door again, but to no avail. She touched her forehead, her body temperature was still high. 'I guess it's time to be on duty again, fever be damn.' Running to her drawer, she took out a few kunai and a more comfortable outfit. She scanned the view outside the window, making a few calculations before she smiled sheepishly. Closing her eyes, Fuyu ran towards the window before she jumped lazily through the window and landed swiftly on the rooftop.

She was disturbed when a Sand ninja had stopped in her landing. "My, my. Why are you here, my dear? Shouldn't you be hiding?" Fuyu gave a slow 'tsk,'.

"I think you're the one who should be saying that."

She flicked her right hand, and her kunai appeared in a swift. She placed her left hand on her forehead. Her body temperature was still burning. She looked at the sky, the sun reflecting her green eyes. "I would really retreat if I were you now." Fuyu threw her kunai and commence an attack. Fighting the Sand ninja with elegance, she managed to slice the enemy's throat.

"Ibiki, who is that?" A jounin called Ibiki and pointed at a white silhouette dashing towards them. Ibiki smiled, "Well, it's that new jounin. You know, the one who was ill for a month." He waited for Fuyu to arrive. "What a great time for her to recover. We really needed backup." Ibiki smiled as Fuyu landed on the border with them. Her messy hair was flowing through the wind. "Seems like you had some fun before arriving," He noted the blood stains on her clothes. Fuyu just kept silent and took out a few kunai out of her pockets.

The fight continued quite long. Most of the jounin were out of strength. Fuyu's body was burning up even higher. She threw her last kunai to the Sound ninja, letting his screams echo through the barrier as he fallen to his doom. "Please tell me that was the last." She panted. Snickers of laughter were heard and she turned to see more ninjas coming their way.

"OH COME ON." She groaned.

Two ninjas from the Sand and Sound stood in front of her. "Hm, tired already, my princess?" The two ninjas took out their kunai and aimed towards the jounin beside her. "Might as well dispose of the useless one first." They snickered. The kunai flew gracefully through the sky, the jounin closed their eyes, welcoming the death coming fastly towards them.

"Ice Release: Ice Rock Dome of Magnificent Nothingness!" The kunai stopped flying and landed to the ground with a thud. A barrier had covered all of them, giving them protection and a cooling temperature. The jounin turned to Fuyu with eyes of fear that Fuyu had long since recognized and loathed. She broke her own barrier, leaving the other barriers intact. She opened her eyes, the sapphire shining brightly under the sun. "Haku, what a lame name for a jutsu." She wiped her tears, walking towards the ninja with ice needles at her hand. "So..... which one of you is more useless?"

The ninjas were defeated in an average of 5 minutes. After making sure there were no more ninjas around, she released the barrier from others. Her eyes remained sapphire and amazingly, her temperature was at average once again. Ibiki and the others looked at her, fear screaming from their eyes. Fuyu approached them slowly, only for some of them to take out their kunai. Fuyu sighed and retreated backward.

Ibiki then walked towards her, and as Fuyu prepared her defense, Ibiki bowed to her. "Thank you, and I'm sorry. I'm just surprised to see someone in Konoha having the Ice Release. It's been a while seen I've seen one." Fuyu smiled and bowed back to Ibiki. She turned to the other jounin, who followed Ibiki's actions. She couldn't contain her feelings, as she started to cry from happiness.

"Now's not the time to be teary, kid." Ibiki pointed to the large snake in front of them. "You think you can handle that?" Fuyu shook her head, feeling exhausted from her attacks earlier. "That snake is too much for us to handle," Ibiki mumbled. They watched the giant snake, preparing themselves for the worst.

That is before a giant frog landed on the snake.

Jiraiya announced his arrival, much to everyone's pleasure. Ibiki thanked him for his assistance, not realizing Jiraiya was ignoring him as he continued to brag his titles before focusing on Fuyu. "My, what a beautiful girl you are. What's your name?"

Fuyu puked right after Jiraiya ended his speech, pissing Jiraiya in the process. She recovered herself, before turning to face him. Her ponytail was really loose at the moment, her blue eyes glowing with excitement as she introduced herself. "You can just call me Fuyu."